The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 pm

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
MG Mafia: The Reboot [Game 1: Day 3 begins!] 

Oh, sorry dude. I was content with letting this game go on for 9 more pages and die. Also our last posts are on the same day, buddy. Your post just happened to start a new page.

Anyway, it's fairly apparent that kyuubit is being passive with his play. I've been in games where a passive kyuubit ended up being town and an active kyuubit was mafia all along. I don't know, maybe he's playing on this to give us the sense that it's the same as in those earlier games.

194 wrote:
Moderator note:

If the random lynch hits one of the mafia members, the other Mafia member remains alive.

That's lovely information to know over a week into the game. Are there any other extra things about the setup that we should know about?

the leader of the bunch wrote:
just for the record if a random lynch happens and it hits one of the mafia then that totally doesn't count as a win

Why do you care about it being fair for the mafia? Or did you know beforehand that's how it works? It's strange how it took until you made this post for the host to mention the new policy of the random lynch. Bet it feels good to be part of the informed minority, huh?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:38 am

Semicolon wrote:
Vote: Lightning You haven't posted since last page.

Don't worry, I won't vote you. I know that our last posts aren't that far apart.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:43 am

Oh, come on. There's metagaming and then there's stupidity.

I simply said that we, as players, shouldn't consider a random lynch hitting a mafia member to be a victory, regardless of the official result. I want us to win by actually playing the game, not by sitting around until the mod rolls a dice.

Then the mod suddenly remembers to tell us that a random lynch hitting a mafia member isn't an instant win and suddenly I look bad. That's ridiculous. This isn't "privileged information" I happened to know beforehand, this is a moderator suddenly deciding he wouldn't want the game to end on a random lynch after I bring it up and adding a rule to prevent that.

In fact, I want him to confirm that I didn't know a random lynch hitting a mafia member wouldn't kill the other one, because it's ridiculous that I'm catching heat over this.

I'm going to bed soon because it's like 7am so I'll answer the other points later

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:11 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
I'm not taking all the risks, that's all. I get my s*** together before I draw conclusions.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:48 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
194 wrote:
Moderator note:

If the random lynch hits one of the mafia members, the other Mafia member remains alive.

Oh wow ok this has definitely changed everything.

As for kb's case, did anyone else remember/know about this rule beforehand? Because I certainly didn't.
If no one else knows/remembers, then it really isn't fair to call him out over it, passive as he may be.

But before I make any judgements, question for 194: We currently have 3 votes, each against a different person. There needs to be 4 for a lynch to occur, right? If a 4th vote comes in for yet another different person, what happens then?
Does the lynch carry out? If so then how? Do you randomly choose from those that were voted, or?

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:38 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
☻Danny☻ wrote:

But before I make any judgements, question for 194: We currently have 3 votes, each against a different person. There needs to be 4 for a lynch to occur, right? If a 4th vote comes in for yet another different person, what happens then?
Does the lynch carry out? If so then how? Do you randomly choose from those that were voted, or?

When I say 4 votes, I mean 4 votes casted to the same person. That is, a lynch option must have been voted by the majority (50% + 1) to end the day with a confirmed lynch.

Oh, come on. There's metagaming and then there's stupidity.
In fact, I want him to confirm that I didn't know a random lynch hitting a mafia member wouldn't kill the other one, because it's ridiculous that I'm catching heat over this.

This rule was decided at the beginning of Day 2, and wasn't posted until my previous post. I can confirm it was not informed to any player prior.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:49 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Alright then, here we go.

We have less than a day to pick someone to lynch before our resident RNGesus 194 throws the dice and puts us either into LyLo or a more favourable position of 4:1 (Town:Mafia).

I'm standing by my vote for now. KB's bandwagon attempt a page or so ago is a pretty big scumtell imo.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:11 pm

I was being ironic

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Time has run out.

Destiny has taken one of us:

the leader of the bunch (Town) has passed away.

Day 3 starts now. You have three days to reach a decision.

Deadline: Jul 30th 2nd, 00:00 GMT -4.
With 5 players alive, 3 votes are required to cast a lynch.
If the deadline is reached with no consensus, a random lynch will happen.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:16 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Alright, we're now on a LyLo because RNGesus has struck.

This means two things:
1) My win/loss ratio was kinda s***
2) I made a bad read on KB.

I'm going to be away for the next four days after tomorrow. Problem is, now that KB was revealed as town, we can't exactly be swapped. Currently I have literally no good reads, so I'm not gonna try and make something up. I'm also not gonna try and claim either, because that probably never works.

I'm gonna hold off on my vote, maybe wait until tomorrow, before I just throw all my thoughts off at the thread before going, and maybe then I'll vote.

[Side note]Also, I'd like to host the next game. I have a pretty nice idea for a Street Fighter themed game. :)

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm going to be very honest: based on the participation of this setup, I believe there should not be any next game at all.

Please make note of your deadline.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:31 pm

apologies in advance for posting while being dead but this really needs saying

people aren't posting because a game with no power roles and no night phase is boring

make a game that's more fun and we'll have more fun playing it

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:16 pm
BR Member

Sidenote for next Mafia: show
apologies in advance for posting while being dead but this really needs saying

people aren't posting because a game with no power roles and no night phase is boring

make a game that's more fun and we'll have more fun playing it

Likely it will be a power madness thing with a few interesting roles thrown in. I'm hoping to make it an 8-player thing.

I feel the main problem we have right now is that because of the lack of both the night phase and roles, the Mafia are probably going to wait it out in order for RNGesus to bless them by killing off a Townie in order to instantly win. The occurrence of random lynches as well as the general lack of anything other than a day phase mean that the Mafia don't exactly feel the need to do anything. If all goes their way, they can just wait out a random lynch for the town.

In fact, assuming the lynches aren't random and a Mafia player will be taken out at the end of Day 3, all the remaining Mafia player has to do is hop on the bandwagon of whoever's being accused, maybe twist a few things in their favour before ending it on Day 6 on a 1:1, or by being randomly lynched.

The point is, the Mafia don't feel they actually need to do anything because chances are a random lynch will probably win them the game.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
DSwift wrote:
In fact, assuming the lynches aren't random and a Mafia player will be taken out at the end of Day 3

Town wins if a Mafia is taken out by nonrandom lynch.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

Bad Mafia Player wrote:
DSwift wrote:
In fact, assuming the lynches aren't random and a Mafia player will be taken out at the end of Day 3

Town wins if a Mafia is taken out by nonrandom lynch.

I should have explained that better. I was referring to random lynches being non-random.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:29 am
 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next