The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
tech 

for newer players (myself) what can I expect in terms of tech from this game (coming from melee). And are they planning to add anything else.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:10 pm

• Brawl airdodge
  • Auto L-canceling
  • Tournament winner has no animation
  • Reverse aerial rush
  • JC grab, maybe other moves
  • JC Up B momentum thing (in .9b, not sure about beta)
  • Teleportation in place (hold left and right)
  • Pivot grab, I think, not sure about other pivot moves
  • Dash cancel with crouch is one frame (at 30fps)
  • Shield dropping
  • DI, SDI
  • Up tilt OOS
  • Maybe drop canceling?
  • You can turnaround B but not B reverse
No walljump, no wavedash, no cc, no shield tilting, no analog directions, no tilt angling. They had a blog post about walljumping. Besides that, I don't think they plan on adding anything.

Last edited by bunq on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:43 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
dashdancing/foxtrotting
glide tossing

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:45 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
yus UpB slides are in. check Tails or Lloyd
Same for shield dropping, it is new to Beta. hold shield on a plat-> hold walk/run press down
FUpB https://gfycat.com/BreakableDefiantCrab

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
We have glide tossing?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:19 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
There was a small mention of it in a dev-blog, but yeah. It's pretty basic though. You can cancel your roll animation with an item-toss. It only slide as far as your roll goes. I think Dash-Toss will became the main method for glide-tossing, as it actually slides farther.

We also have a pivot now that acts like Perfect-Pivot when you do a do a turnaround-cancel. You do an intial-dash until it enters the running animation. In though first frames of the running animation, you do a crouch from running for a frame, and walk in the oppositie direction for a frame. The new traction value make you continue sliding in the other direction, but a little further then you would if you just crouch from running. Marth's slide-pivot is literally like his wavedash-back Fsmash. Faster characters had significant use from this in v0.9b, but this now gives every characters a bit more distance to do things like pivot-tilts for spacing. Plus, looking stylish.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:09 pm

MGN Username: Godreaper
Wish someone would create a thread for tech like we used to have so I can just submit some and they can just add it up on the list. I'm too lazy to do something like that. But i do have tech to share lol

Get Reaped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKAJyQcScs

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:19 am

MGN Username: searching...
Currently Playing: loading...
While online the other day with my opponent AFKing, I recently found a nice little tech while I was messing around and waiting for them to return. I'm going to go ahead call it "Dash-walking", because it literally just boosts the walking speed for a character.

How To Use: to perform the tech, just dash forward, let go of the dash button, and don't change direction. That simple. To vary the speeds, dash then press down right afterward then let go of the dash button and hold your direction.

Techs Properties: This tech seems to work with just about any character, but it is certainly more noticeable with characters like Ichigo and Captain Falcon, than Peach and Jigglypuff. If you dash, press down to dash cancel while performing the dash, then hold forward to walk, you'll enter dash walk much faster than by doing the before mentioned way of doing a dash-walk. The dash walk will end if you press the down key, or the key opposite to the direction you are dash-walking to. Pressing the up key to jump or tapping the jump button will not cancel the dash-walk and the character will hold its speed even after landing. Also, depending on how fast you cancel the dash-walk, you can vary the speed in which your character walks.

Uses: Idk, get creative. Some characters now have an option to have a speed between just dashing and walking, which is really nice. It makes for a good mix up, mind game, tech chase and more, so explore and see what benefits (if any) it provides for every character.

CF-vid:
MK-vid:
Ichigo-vid:

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Great find! I'd say it opens up some finer movement options but will primarily be useful for characters with good F-tilts (like Sheik) as well as a large discrepancy between walk and dash speeds (would say initial dash, but I believe dash speed is uniform since dash boosting isn't a thing anymore).

Also another way of mixing with F-smash instead of having to dash cancel to pull it out.

Does the operation work the same if auto-dash is on? Thereby just pressing the "walk" key instead of releasing the "dash" key?

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm
 [ 9 posts ]