The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 am

Forum rules

Anyone is free to post new topics here now. However please limit yourself to 3 maximum posts of your own per month, and absolutely NO debate topics!

Also please be mindful of what articles others post and try to show some variety. Posting multiple articles that are too similar could disinterest people from your topic.

[ 10 posts ] 
Economics with Asians 

Currently Playing: The Game
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16918000

Quote:
For decades the West has lectured the East on how to manage its economies. Not any more.

Now the emerging economies of Asia look like models of steady, consistent policy and sustained growth while Europe, America and Japan are mired in debt and are growing achingly slowly, if at all.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 am

Waifu: I'm married
sliding scale of liberalism and economic success

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
ha ha ha you said liberalism

rights in america

ha ha ha

Adopted by Shounic

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

i think that bro maybe doesn't know what i am talking about?

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Mandolin
are we going by the current or historic definition of liberal?

anyway, china makes a profit because they have no regulation on their industry (remember, this is still technically their industrial revolution phase) and they make everything for the first world but don't import our items because they're basically the apex of the free trade system. They make their own s*** and sell us theirs and they make so much money they might have the resources to bailout our government (don't quote me on this, I don't know the exact amount myself).

J.P. Morgan of the f*** world.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

If only we had sh*t worth exporting. Besides jobs.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:43 pm

well they don't import anything in general, not just our stuff

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:58 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
do you think china will enter a depression at some point a la the US in the 30s? they're different situations etc but I don't really know enough about China and I'm curious

also nobody, is acting like a guy who doesn't understand anything your new thing or do you actually not understand anything?

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:01 am

I believe at some point China's economy will crash because they'll be using their money recklessly in some manner. Knowing how their money is dispersed along the population could help. If I understand it correctly, a majority of the people work in the sweatshops for pennies an hour and the chain of command makes more than all of them, starting with the factory managers. How the higher ups spend their money could influence the future if its reckless enough and they throw it away as if it grew on trees. However, whether the sample we can take actually represents everyone is a tough question.

I think that unlike Americans, the Chinese choose to spend their money on different things. I read an article in this week's New Yorker about popular Chinese novels being "work epics" or something similar, where there is no fantasy and the stories are more or less based around making tons of money and rising up in the ranks of the business. The mindset of Chinese workers is very Capitalistic (recalling that China is Communist-in-Name-Only, it makes sense seeing that they've taken advantage of mechanization and their large workforce and is a logical step forward.), and how they use their money might just reflect that nature. If they follow the blueprint left by America's Gilded Age, then we should see a decline whether the government can regulate this cash flow or not.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 am

Faceless Void wrote:
do you think china will enter a depression at some point a la the US in the 30s? they're different situations etc but I don't really know enough about China and I'm curious

yes
this is always how it works 110% of the time and there is just about nil you can do about it

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 10 posts ]