The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:11 pm

[ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
"Expansion Character" Moveset Speculation V2 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
BandanaDeeMain wrote:
Dash Attack: Zero slashes forward with a pink blade.

Zero has a green blade, not a pink blade. :doh:

YouTube Video:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 pm

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
When Zero uses Shippuuga, he has.

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:56 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
which is what dash attack is based off lol.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Sorry about saying that. I didn't know the Z-Saber turns pink when Zero uses Shippuga. But ohter than that, what did you think of my moveset?

YouTube Video:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Where would you implement the Buster Shot?

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 pm

bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
Where would you implement the Buster Shot?

Probably as his neutral attack.

YouTube Video:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah, but that wouldn't be the case in SSF2, since Megaman's Mega Buster is his N-Special.

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:19 pm

I know, but it would be pretty cool as the Buster Shot is his normal attack in SVC Chaos: SNK VS Capcom.

YouTube Video:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 pm

It's done with a combination of buttons, so it's a special attack.

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:26 pm

I want to post a move set but I feel like I'm interrupting a conversation
Nice Mega Man Zero move set by the way
Is his nair supposed to be that sword flip move he does in the Mega Man X games?

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:52 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Yes, it is.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 pm

still working on mine tho

(probably gonna take as long as those moveset reconstructions i've done)

out of ideas here '-'

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 pm

A zero move set? Or something else?

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Yeah, the Zero moveset.

Already posted part of it here.

out of ideas here '-'

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:39 pm

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Did someone say a Zero Moveset?! :3

Boop: show
Zero(Mega Man Zero)

Stats
Weight: Somewhat Light. Around 2 or 3 points lighter than Naruto.
Speed: Pretty Fast. I'd Say 5 points slower than Fox.
Jump: Normal height.
Fall: Normal speed.
Crawl: No
# of air jumps: 1

Playstyle
In the Vs games, Zero's always been a difficult to learn, technical character that can do severe damage in combos and is good at pressuring his opponents with his strong mixup game, which somewhat represented his playstyle in Mega Man X. However, since this is a different version, some things have to change. The things that will stay the same is his excellent speed and combo game. Zero's normals are very versatile and almost all of them can string into each other very naturally. His speed allows him to get into his opponent's face very fast, just like in his game appearances where his main selling points were his high close range prowess.

However, instead of being a mixup powerhouse like in the VS games, Zero's main technical strength will his pressure only. Moves like his Jab, Bair, Zair, and Neutral Special are great options on shield due to their speed and with jab in particular, it's multiple hits. He also has a command grab in Down Special, meaning that shielding opponents will have a hard time if the Zero player reads their habits. Zero can also play defensively with his Zair, Neutral Special, and Side Special. Side Special in particular is amazing due to the many options the move has.

Zero's main weaknesses is his lack of range and light weight. While he has good projectiles, Zero can't really throw out hitboxes unless he's mid range. His aerials are fast, but they don't have any sufficient range. His recovery is bad, only sightly better than Naruto's, meaning that Zero's heavily subjective to edgeguarding. Characters with amazing projectiles and ways to deal with projectiles in general also gives Zero a hard time.

Normals

Jab
Jab Combo: Zero rapidly stabs with his Recoil Rod, which are two sharp tipped tonfa like daggers. Similar to Pikachu's. Origin: Mega Man Zero 3
Jab Smash: A unique attack that Zero can do if the A button is pressed rather than tapped. Zero will used the charged attack of the Recoil Rod, which a powerful double stab. This move doesn't do a lot damage, but has good knockback. It can kill a non DIing Mario at 135% on Battlefield. Medium high endlag, meaning it can be punished. Origin: Mega Man Zero 3

Tilts
Ftilt: Zero turns to the back and slashes upwards using his right hand at an angle. Like Shiek's Ftilt, but launches the victim 20% higher, meaning it can combo into itself at super low percentages. Origin: Mega Man Zero 4, a move that Zero can replace the final hit of his Z saber with.
Utilt: Using both hands, Zero does a rising slash with his back turned. The top of the attack has high knockback, meaning it can be used as a kill option. In exchange, the hitbox doesn't last that long and is has high endlag. Can kill a non DIing Mario at 105% on Battlefield. Origin: SNK vs Capcom: Chaos. Not sure what normal this move is exactly, but Zero does it in that game.
Dtilt: Zero's best combo tilt, but worse damage tilt. Zero slashes with his left hand horizontally downwards. Does a fair amount of hitstun to start combos, and has small endlag. In exchange, it does the least base damage out of all of his attacks outside of Jab.

Smashes
FSmash: Zero Stabs with the Triple Rod, a Lazer Spear with a retractable spear head that can stab up to 3 times. Zero only stabs once, however. The knockback on this smash is very moderate, killing a non DIing Mario at 112% on Battlefield. It's range, however, is fairly far, making it his best punish smash. Origin: Mega Man Zero, the third weapon Zero can acquire.
USmash: Zero rapidly spins his Triple Rod above him. A multihitting smash attack. This move does the most damage of all of him smashes, but is the weakest in terms of knockback, only killing a non DIing Mario at 118% on Battlefield. Origin: Mega Man Zero and Mega Man Zero 2, his charged Triple Rod attack.
DSmash: Zero Stabs at both directions with the Triple Rod. The strongest smash attack in terms of knockback, killing a non DIing Mario at 98%.

Throws
Grab: Uses the Chain Rod to pull the victim in and grabs them with his right hand. The Chain Rod can also pull in items. In terms of range, it's slightly shorter than Link's Tether.
Fthrow: Punches the opponent, then shoots them with the Z-Buster. Doesn't kill, but good at throwing the opponent off the stage.
Bthrow: Knees the opponent, goes behind them and shoots them in the back with the Z-Buster. His strongest throw, killing a non DIing Mario on Battlefield at 160%
Uthrow: Simply tosses the opponent upwards. Weakest of his throws.
Dthrow: Chokeslams the opponent. The knockback sets up for tech chases.

Aerials
Nair: Slashes near his core with his right hand slightly downwards. His best combo aerial. Does decent damage and hitstun, but little knockback. The slash covers all areas except his head and his legs up to the knees. Origin: Mega Man X4 and X5, his normal air slash before upgrades.
Fair: Slashes down while facing forward with both hands. The way this move animates makes it look like spikes like Cloud's Fair, but it actually has Diagonal upwards knockback. This move is Zero's strongest aerial, killing a Non DIing Mario at 120% on battlefield. Origin: Mega Man Zero, Zero's normal air slash.
Bair: Slash in a manor similar to Cloud. Zero's safest aerial, having the lowest lag of all of his aerials in exchange for having less range than his Fair. Can combo into itself at low percentages.
Uair: Performs his signature rolling slash. Can do it once, or holding the A button can cause him to fall while using it for a short time, dragging down anyone in front or back of him. The last hit does okay knockback.
Dair: Does a fast pogo stab a la the Links. The startup and few frames or duration of the move meteors, and the rest of the move does high damage and moderate knockback.
Zair: Uses the Chain Rod. Functions like Samus's Zair, but pulls the opponent to Zero on hit and has more landing lag.

Specials
Neutral Special: Tapped- Zero fires a weak shot from his Z-buster. Can shoot up to 3 times. Doesn't cause any knockback or hitstun on hit, similar to Fox's, blaster, but there's a delay after 3 shots. Pressed- Zero fires a large plasma shot. Does small knockback and high damage. Origin: Various Mega Man Games.
Side Special: Zero throws the Shield Boomerang. The boomerang has slightly more knockback than his neutral b's smash version. If the player holds the input for a certain amount of time, Zero will hold the shield, allowing time for one of two attacks: Pressing up will cause Zero to throw the shield upwards, where it will hover in a circle near Zero's head; pressing down will cause Zero will cause Zero to throw the Boomerang on the ground like a wheel, where it become's a multihit attack that ends with similar knockback to his smash Neutral b. Origin: Mega Man Zero 1-3, Zero's fourth weapon. The unique attacks come from 3.
Up Special: Zero does a rising uppercut slash while facing the screen. This move does decent knockback, but it's main purpose is for recovery. It's vertical distance is 1.5x higher than Naruto's. This move also doesn't have any horizontal distance, so it's hard to mixup your recovery with Zero.
Down Special: Zero Grabs the opponent with the Z Knuckle, then punches them with a charged fist. A command grab. This move is Zero's strongest attack, being able to kill a non DIing Mario at 80%. Origin, Mega Man Zero 4: Zero's third weapon. Could be use to grab enemies' weapons and use them for a certain amount of time.

Final Smash: Not really sure.

I don't mean to be rude; I just saw a zero moveset being discussed and thought I'd post my idea. ^_^

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 pm
 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next