The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Nstinct wrote:
That peach looks much better! The sprite needs a little work (more "Peachy" hair, taller, and slightly bigger dress) but the sprite generally blends with the game much better.

Nice find Shine! :)

Thanks! I love the way they designed the dress on that sprite actually, it's slim like in the official games. But I agree with everything else. She should be like a centimeter under Zelda's height, Her hair needs some more "Peachyness", and her eyes need to be more visible. Anyway loving this design for Peach.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:46 am
YIM

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Ok I must admit I overestimated fox's AI and underestimated the peach users lol.

@sorabotics - it seemed instances where you would have released the Nair you dsmashed instead..I was expecting more BAirs from you I must admit, but then again overusing BAir tends to lead me into using nair for quick tech chasing or to finish a combo.

Not a fan of the devblog sprite btw...

GM

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
Ok I must admit I overestimated fox's AI and underestimated the peach users lol.

@sorabotics - it seemed instances where you would have released the Nair you dsmashed instead..I was expecting more BAirs from you I must admit, but then again overusing BAir tends to lead me into using nair for quick tech chasing or to finish a combo.

I prefer to use Bairs on lighter opponents, like mid-weights. It makes it easier to do multiple auto-float cancel fast fall B-airs chained in a row to knock them offstage, if you look at my Peach edgeguard clips I released recently.

Also I was playing really awkwardly in general because it against my playstyle to completely remove Nair.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:07 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:

I thought I was the only one...
She just seems weird.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Has anyone else noticed Peach's Jab(Second Slap) is amazing? I was able to edgeguard Ness with her Jab alone. Peach has a pimp slap now.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm
YIM

Shine! wrote:
Has anyone else noticed Peach's Jab(Second Slap) is amazing? I was able to edgeguard Ness with her Jab alone. Peach has a pimp slap now.

Peach's jab is great in general to use to counter enemy ground approaches, especially after landing with a normal or floated aerial. Onstage, the second hit lets you follow up with a tech chase.

The knockback is rather useful, but in a situation where you could edgeguard with it, I would prefer d-tilt since it has an amazing hitbox and knockback speed (Most characters probably couldn't survive at 0% with meteor canceling), or just go offstage and use aerials. Reminds me of a dirty gimp I did once, d-throw the enemy at the edge into d-tilt :P. On the topic of Peach's sprite needing changes, d-tilt is something that is very deceiving since it seems to have a very high and far hitbox for the animation it has.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:11 pm
BR Member

Hey all, here are many high level Peach matches between me and Tac3! The first three are Peach dittos, but the rest of them Tac3 switched up his characters. Enjoy!

YouTube Video:
Peach Dittos 1 (I'm red, he's purple)
YouTube Video:
Peach Dittos 2
YouTube Video:
Peach Dittos 3
YouTube Video:
Me(Peach) vs Tac3(Falcon)
YouTube Video:
Me(Peach) vs Tac3(Fox)
YouTube Video:
Me(Peach) vs Tac3(Jiggz)

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:13 pm

MGN Username: Nguz95
Currently Playing: Project M
That's awesome! I remember when people thought Peach was bad lol. Float cancels never get old. Sora, how much float cancel bair/nair do you do out of shield? I was wondering since both those diversify Peach's OOS game tremendously.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:38 am
BR Member

Nguz95 wrote:
That's awesome! I remember when people thought Peach was bad lol. Float cancels never get old. Sora, how much float cancel bair/nair do you do out of shield? I was wondering since both those diversify Peach's OOS game tremendously.

I do Nair out of shield sometimes, but tbh, my out of shield gave is probably the area I need most work on. I'm just not used to doing things right out of shield, but I need to

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

MGN Username: Nguz95
Currently Playing: Project M
I know what you mean man. It's hard. I've spent some time exploring Goku's OOS game, which is similar to Peach's because of the float, and it's hard to do right. It's really rewarding though.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Nguz95 wrote:
I know what you mean man. It's hard. I've spent some time exploring Goku's OOS game, which is similar to Peach's because of the float, and it's hard to do right. It's really rewarding though.

Peach's OOS game is pretty much dropping a turnip out of your shield (same inputs as grab out of shield, but with a turnip in hand)
seems to work the best from my experiences. Plus, no one really expects it.
other than that, I'm sure jump out an N-air or floating N-air works well

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Tbh I used to think Peach's Down Smash was meh, but I'm starting to love it the more I use it.

It basically serves that same uses as Brawls D-smash because the range and the priority are still there. While having some Melee traits like grinding and shield eating.

Even if the damage was weakened in 0.9b(Idk if I'm right on that, but I haven't done 40% yet ) I still find it pretty useful for edgeguarding under the ledge and laughing when someone tries coming under me while I'm on a platform.

Not to mention it will always suck people in the grinder if they're at 50%+ so it's not exactly punishable even if they do DI. Also if they DI up you can follow up with an aerial.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 pm
YIM
BR Member

I've come up with a short list of improvements for Peach.

-She should have a both a running throw (larger range) and regular throw (average range) for her turnips. Running throw really helps with edgeguarding and ground game. Also, turnips should not hit opponents towards you, it should hit them away. I've hit people offstage with turnips and it has HELPED some opponents recover, that's a little ridiculous.
-D-smash should have more knockback on the first hit, i.e. if someone DI's out of D-smash it should send them further away.
-Her Dash Attack should be the Melee dash attack imo. This means that, when its thrown out, Peach quickly moves in the direction that the attack is used in. The hitbox should send opponents up (like Melee) for the sweetspot for aerial setups or to grabs on fast fallers or large characters. The sourspot weakly pushes them away.
-F-air's hitbox should not have as big of a vertical knockback hitbox because it makes it extremely hard to KO opponents. The majority of the hitbox should have decent sized horizontal knockback while the very top (and first) hitbox should hit upward, thus giving the user a reward for landing the good part of the move rather than the top.
-I would also like her dash speed to be just a little faster for situational ground tech chases, but this isn't that necessary.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Sorabotics wrote:

-She should have a both a running throw (larger range) and regular throw (average range) for her turnips. Running throw really helps with edgeguarding and ground game. Also, turnips should not hit opponents towards you, it should hit them away. I've hit people offstage with turnips and it has HELPED some opponents recover, that's a little ridiculous.
-D-smash should have more knockback on the first hit, i.e. if someone DI's out of D-smash it should send them further away.
-Her Dash Attack should be the Melee dash attack imo. This means that, when its thrown out, Peach quickly moves in the direction that the attack is used in. The hitbox should send opponents up (like Melee) for the sweetspot for aerial setups or to grabs on fast fallers or large characters. The sourspot weakly pushes them away.
-F-air's hitbox should not have as big of a vertical knockback hitbox because it makes it extremely hard to KO opponents. The majority of the hitbox should have decent sized horizontal knockback while the very top (and first) hitbox should hit upward, thus giving the user a reward for landing the good part of the move rather than the top.
-I would also like her dash speed to be just a little faster for situational ground tech chases, but this isn't that necessary.

If I could add to this..

-Increase Down Smash's damage. Punishing opponents who forget to DI. 18% is very low and the 40% from v0.9a was pretty balanced.
-Give Peach her Melee midair jump(long and slow). With the ability to DJC.
-Remove Cuckoos and Capsules from Down Special. The fact these items aren't really useful and take up RNG space make them more a nerf than a buff. If anything allow Peach to just pluck Turnips.
-Decrease the start-up lag from Peach Bomber by like 80%. You can decrease the damage and knockback too but it should be a spacing tool rather than a gimmick move.
-Increase the damage of Parasol by atleast 1% and allow the final hit to deal more knockback similar to Brawl also Parasol should travel faster during it's glide.
-Decrease DAir's aerial lag so it can chain into UAir, NAir, and BAir more efficiently.
Edit:
-Give BAir some KO power.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:

If I could add to this..

-Increase Down Smash's damage. Punishing opponents who forget to DI. 18% is very low and the 40% from v0.9a was pretty balanced.
-Give Peach her Melee midair jump(long and slow). With the ability to DJC.
-Remove Cuckoos and Capsules from Down Special. The fact these items aren't really useful and take up RNG space make them more a nerf than a buff. If anything allow Peach to just pluck Turnips.
-Decrease the start-up lag from Peach Bomber by like 80%. You can decrease the damage and knockback too but it should be a spacing tool rather than a gimmick move.
-Increase the damage of Parasol by atleast 1% and allow the final hit to deal more knockback similar to Brawl also Parasol should travel faster during it's glide.
-Decrease DAir's aerial lag so it can chain into UAir, NAir, and BAir more efficiently.
-Side Smash in all it's variants should come out faster.

I agree with removing cukoos and capsules, the d-smash, and the parasol suggestion is fine, but I'm not sure about the others. I actually like Peach's quick midair jump, its good for quick aerial chases. And if peach bomber lag was reduced TOO much, it could become spammable. I think Dair is fine just the way it is and Side Smash is fine the way it is except I feel like the frying pan should KO at slightly earlier percents.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next