The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:21 pm

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
World of Heroes 

The Story:
The year is 2156, one-hundred years since the meteor hit the globe, and the lives of the Meteor-humans are even worse than ever. Sorry, let me recap; in 2047, it was discovered that a meteor would hit Earth in 9 years, people panicked, people prayed, people became one. After 8 years, it was discovered where exactly the meteor would strike, and that it would cause minimal damage. Like after a family portrait, the world split once more and forgot what it had become. In 2056, November 18th, the meteor struck, and like predicted, almost no damage was caused. There was one thing though, when scientists studied the meteor, they found that it contained a gene editing bacteria. Again, the world panicked, and again, the world united, and again, it was a false alarm. Finally around 2100, it became world-wide news that people were developing superpowers, being tied to the elements and other things. The phenomenon spread and so did the hate against the people who found their own power, after all , humans are known to shun their betters. Now, with laws against all 'Meteor Humans', the derogative term against the people who were affected by the gene altering micro organism, kids and adults alike are forced into hiding. Eventually, a sort of boarding school was developed for the kids with the gene, and thus, your stories begin.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Bio:
Power:
Appearance:

You:
You will be a kid attending the school, your job will start out as a student, and eventually become a hero. You are being trained to fight for the people who hate you and defend them from others like you who choose to live for themselves.

So what does everyone think?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 pm
Site Admin

It seems interesting.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:14 am

Yep

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:16 am
Site Moderator

Hmm.... well, it sounds like a cross between X-Men and Hellboy. The school part from X-Men and the hating part from Hellboy. It's not too original, but it doesn't have to be such to be an enjoyable RP. I think, if everything goes well and it's not too slow, players could have fun with the idea of developing their own superpowers. Of course, careful moderation must be taken when allowing powers. God Modes can easily be made through specific types of mutations. Consider all possibilities when setting limits. Other than that, I'd say your idea stacks up at about 8/10. Find enough people and moderate it right and it could turn into a real frenzy of fun and mayhem.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:42 am

i agree with blue mage for the x-men thing, the hellboy part too but I think this is also like superman, cause of the meteors giving people powers. But its awsoeme so who cares.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 pm

It was fun when I played it before, but then it just stopped, don't know what happened, anyway it probably won't be up for a while, but if you want, you can make your characters now.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
I would join...

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:55 pm

Sweet, well I don't really want repetitive powers, so I'll make my guy now.

Name: Leon
Bio: At the age of two, his shapeshifting powers first activated. He turned into a puppy in his crib while he was with a baby sitter. The parents were both normal,so they had no idea what happened. They kept the dog(Leon) for several years until when he was about six. He turned back into a human right after his parents left. They returned to find a six year old trapped out back. Immediatly they recognized him, and raised him. At eight, he started to gain control over his powers, practicing in secret, and become all sorts of things. 8 years later, he adopted a sort of super hero identity. He wears his normal cloths, but normally turns into an animal before seen and gone before the cops are there. He has decent control over his powers, but still, from time to time, changes into the wrong thing or sometimes not at all.He likes to spend alot of time in between forms, like part animals. He is calm and laid back, but easily angered in the face of danger.
Power: Shape-shifting
Appearance: Brown haired tall and tanned skin, wears a red t-shirt and jeans

I'll also make two bots, a good one, and a bad,

Name: Chase
Bio: Grew up normal, but at 14, he realized his powers. He trained them for almost a year until he accidently started a forest fire. When no cause was found, the authorities decided it must have been a meteor human, he fled and was eventually taken to the school to protect him from being taken to prison for arson.
Power: Temperature Manipulation
Appearance: Blond haired and almost 6', with blue eyes and a pale skin tone. He wears a white t-shirt with a gray hoodie over it and sweatpants.

Name: Scope
Bio: None available
Power: Increased sight and perfect aiming along with aura like shots that come from his fingertips when held like a gun.
Appearance: 6' 7 with sunglasses always on and long brown hair. Wears a suit and nice pants along with newly polished shoes.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:12 pm
Site Admin

I call gravity!!!

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Character Sheet:
Name:Kevin A.
Bio: Is it needed?...
Power: Teleportation.
Appearance: Black hair, Blue eyes, Light skinned, Meduim height.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Appearance: Think Zero suit Samus, But Her hair is neck length and is gray. Her eyes are also a dull brown. As for the suit; It is pure black and no pink/purple crystals.
Power: Ghost Walk (Moving through solids unhindered)
Why Your Power Works: Ceila can vibrate her molecules at such any intense rate that they can merge in and out through the tiniest of spaces. Her suit was designed to work with her body in this way. (Think fantastic four.)
Background history: Heh backstory is on a need to know basis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance: Her physical appearance is just that of her sisters except she has shiny black hair. Although it is possible to "remove" her helmet she rarely does so, and her massive power suit distorts the general shape of her body, so no one would know she is a woman on first approach. (That is without prior knowledge.) Her armor is 8' 6" (roughly) and massive as it was originally built for a man's frame. (So it is more like the villain's armor from the new Iron Man movie than Iron Man himself.) The armor's color is black and red.
Powersuit: On each shoulder there are eight barreled rocket pods, one shot to a barrel. Around the wrists of the suit are mini guns. On the back there is a pair of booster jets (Used for boosted jumping, hard-hitting burst tackles, And quick strafing) along with SMG holsters that fold out for quick access. On the chest there are a pair of rarely used lights, as the suit has a night vision function. The metal of the suit is a light weight titanium alloy designed reverse from her sister's outfit. (Although super strength or extreme powers, like acid or going super nova would still effect it.)
How Your Powersuit Works: Although mostly running on solar powered batteries there are still some old fashion electrical batteries for the suit's emergence shutdown mode. The Suit itself is wired into Sara so she does not need food or sleep, although she can still eat and will normally go into a sleep mode to reserve power. If her suit was to ever fully run out of power she would die.
Background history: Heh backstory is on a need to know basis.

Copypasta from a different RP... might need updates/changes...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm

CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Character Sheet:

You know what? GTFO if you're not going to put any effort in a bio, because that just means you're not going to put any effort in the RP itself.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Kyzak wrote:
CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Character Sheet:

You know what? GTFO if you're not going to put any effort in a bio, because that just means you're not going to put any effort in the RP itself.

The Rp Itself wasn't even posted yet..

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:13 pm

CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Kyzak wrote:
CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Character Sheet:

Yes, but my point is, every RP I've seen you join in the last four days, you've complained your way into having no background.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Kyzak wrote:
CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Kyzak wrote:
CapcomCatgirl wrote:
Character Sheet:

Yes, but my point is, every RP I've seen you join in the last four days, you've complained your way into having no background.

...So have IIIIIII...

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm
 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next