The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Suli Hyuga's Tier List 
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Suli Hyuga's tier list; the only tier list you need
The following tier list is based on online results, in game analysis and my own god damn opinion.

Feedback is welcomed, as long as it's valid. Again, this is my opinion, so if you disagree with a placement, convince me, don't just say 'oh lol this list gave me cansur'
Even if the criticism is harsh, go for it man. Valid feedback is valid feedback.

Please not that just because one char is placed above another in the same respective tier, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are better, I added a D tier in this list to break down the whole tier thing even further. gg.
NOTE: This is a new tier list, I will make changes over time until I am completely satisfied with it, please voice your opinions!

S:
:zerosuitsamus:
Pros: Extremely strong stuns
Massive KO potential
Cons: Certain moves are punishable due to long end frames
Super lightweight

:metaknight:
Pros: Extremely strong aerial game
Strong on-stage presence
Cons: KOs require longer strings than other chars
Lightweight

:lloyd:
Pros: Very easy and powerful combo strings makes racking up % ez pz
Massive on-stage presence
Cons: Recovery is absolute a**
When punished, calling it 'punished' is an understatement

A:
:donkeykong:
Pros: Destroys almost every glass cannon like it's nothing
Armor is stupid
Cons: Being a big dude means your more likely to get hit by moves with smaller hitboxes.

:naruto:
Pros: Strong specials for easy, aggressive play
Cons: Recovery sucks

:marth:
Pros: Aerial game is on point
Pretty good recovery
2nd farthest sword range (beaten by Ichigo)
Cons: Same as CF, weak to zoning

:captainfalcon:
Pros: puts Sonic's speed to shame
Super OP KOs
Cons: Weak to zoning since his moveset requires him to be up close

:fox: (This one is very self explanatory but I'll get into the details at a later time)

:sheik:
Pros: very strong aerial and needle game
Cons: Side B has very little use and Down Special is useless when using exclusively Shiek

B:
:pikachu: (I will add details to them later, kinda struggling relaying my thoughts on them as of now)

:sonic:
Pros: obviously... F A S T
Amazingly aggressive moveset that can also be used defensively to keep a lot of MUs in check
Cons: Misuse of certain moves can be VERY punishable, messing up means losing a stock in a lot of cases

:peach:
Pros: Floats, turnips, 10000/10 recovery
Cons: Certain MUs KO her VERY easily
At times can rely on Floats and turnips way too much

:tails:
Pros: Amazing specials
Super technical, with a lot of depth and a pretty high skill cap
Cons: Pretty lightweight, gets thrown around like a hacky sack.

:jigglypuff:
Pros: Great aerials and specials, giving her a pretty strong moveset to take advantage of
Cons: Lightweight as hell
Rest is very punishable

:zelda:
Pros: Strong spacing and on hit animations that make me jizz
Cons: Sloooooooooooooooooooow

:bomberman:
Pros: amazing vertical recovery
bombs make a glass cannon's life hard
Cons: can sometimes be very relient on bombs

:blackmage:
Pros: Stun makes setting up KOs ez pz
Fully charged smash attacks are brutal
Cons: uh... I'll get back to you on that one

:ness:
Pros: Moveset gives him allows creativity for a lot of engages, strings and combos
His small size makes him a bit harder to combo on
Cons: Horrible roll and short range

:mario:
Pros: Average in everything
Fireballs are very easy to abuse and take advantage of
Cons: Gets rekt by a lot of MUs

:ichigo:
Pros: Flashstep, 'nuff said
Cons: Relies on moves for movement (e.g. Side b'ing everywhere) because regular movement makes Sonic cringe

C:
:yoshi:
Pros: Can easily switch between aggro and defensive play
Cons: Easily punished

:kirby:
Pros: Pretty strong aerial game
Cons: Very lightweight
Seen as a weaker version of Kirby by many

:sora:
Pros: Side B chains can put you at a massive advantage
Cons: I'll get back to you on that one kek

:link:
Pros: Very strong zoning game makes Link a super safe and strong pick against MUs that require close range
Cons: Recovery is below average

:goku:
Pros: KO'ing people with floats and aerials is as easy as it is satisfying
Cons: Period Rage Mode adds percentage, making it pretty situational

D:
:megaman:
Pros: Really vast moveset for many situations
Cons: Recovery is below average
Gets thrown around by most high tier MUs

:samus: (will get into details later)

:wario: (still deciding on whether to put him in D or C but to sum him up simply, everything about him sucks a**, he just so happens to be lucky that chars such as Chibi Robo exist)

:chibirobo:
Pros: pretty good recovery, meh at certain things
Cons: literally everything else (more details later)

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Last edited by Suli Hyuga on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Sonic in A-tier? Goku in C-tier? Lol, man.

Edit:
Everything else isn't bad. But probably not close to some actual character's potential.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:52 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
I would argue about BM's placement, which seems pretty low, but there really isn't anobody else besides me playing the char so... I'll save the speech for myself

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:14 am

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
I like this tier list

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:48 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Ichi in C tier cmon

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:52 pm

MGN Username: mikael_fernandes
zelda and link are too low. and everybody can agree that sora is dead last (well,at least in my opinion,anyways)

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:02 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Ichigo next to sora, As someone who plays both ichigo and sora, Ichigo is certainly higher then that. but then again sora is pretty high too which is strange imo.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 pm
BR Member

Should have probably mentioned it in the OP (will add it when I get home) but keep in mind that this is still a new tier list and I might make a few changes here and there over the week until I'm completely satisfied with it.

Also, again, if you disagree with something, you can always say why. If I agree, I'll make changes.

My twitter!

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:03 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
:bomberman: f*** you :bomberman:
ily still

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:37 am

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
Suli Hyuga wrote:
Suli Hyuga's tier list;
NOTE: This is a new tier list, I will make changes over time until I am completely satisfied with it, please voice your opinions!

B:
:peach:
Pros: Floats, turnips, 10000/10 recovery
Cons: Certain MUs KO her VERY easily
At times can rely on Floats and turnips way too much

Errr I kinda disagree with the placement, imo she should be in C tier.
Firstly, her aerial mobility is average, it's actually not as fast as the original games so she's lacking in aerial mobility. Secondly, it's not just "certain MUs", it's pretty much any MU can kill her VERY easily. At most it would be just Sora, Yoshi, and that's it. As for "at times can rely on floats and turnips way too much", I'll agree about the part with floats as they are frequently used in many situations such as recovery, float cancels as combo starters/follow ups, dair shield pressures and also as a movement option. But if you think about it that doesn't really qualify as a con of Peach. I don't quite exactly agree with turnips being used way too much. Sure it's bad if you're using it when you're opponent is in your face or have the blinding speed to catch up to her before she gets to even pluck it out, but in SSF2 the startup/endlag is much lesser than the original games so it is safe,(correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that way to me) and sometimes it's possible to pluck a turnip on the 3ds stage against an average speed opponent(with a distance of course). So most of the time relying on turnips too much isn't the problem, it's mainly just because of the MU. Lastly, for the recovery, no, it's not all that good depending on which direction you're talking about. Vertical recovery is plain out bad once you're too low, and doesn't stop meteor smash momentum. Horizontal recovery is excellent though so at least she is 8/10 in recovery.

Now here is an explanation covering on why I feel that Peach's position is weird or shouldn't really be in B tier, the explanation before is to talk about the reasons as to why you feel/think that you placed that high up.

Lets have a look at the MUs of the characters against Peach in B tier(I won't be talking about those that have a neutral or give an advantage to Peach). Not going to talk about A tier and S tier since the characters there clearly outclass Peach(with the exception of Falcon). Note that I'm not going to put any MU scores because I feel that I'm still not good at this game yet so I'm probably gonna be argued against and stuff.

Peach vs Pika MU:
Aerials that beat yours, all of it. It's only a game of whether you throw out nair properly. Kills you with thunder super early at the ledges at mid percents(mainly off-stage, but this kinda applies to everyone anyway). Ground options aren't even options for Peach since they are bad against Pika's, except for dtilt, dsmash, jab and utilt.

Peach vs Sheik MU:
Fair that kills Peach super early like at 60%+ midstage. Dumb triple fairs and then there is that fair that kills Peach at 30%+ at ledges. Amazing combo game that beats Peach. Punish game isn't even a thing when trying to fight a Sheik since she/he(up to your own belief) can most of the time throw out options without worry.

Peach vs Tails MU:
Tails has the side b follow by his aerials. Offstage game is bad for peach since Tails can use his dair to swipe opponents downwards. Then there is the Tail's wavedash technique that allows him to slide with smash attacks that honestly, are annoying against Peach since it means Peach could be killed early if it comes out unexpected or that it is unavoidable.
So summary - Kills early, bad offstage game.

Peach vs Zelda MU:
Aerials that beat Peach's, kills super early, annoying recovery(though kinda readable and punishable). An off-stage game while trying to keep Zelda away from the stage sounds non-existent due to good recovery and being able to defend herself with her own aerials. And hey, if she actually strikes Peach with her sweetspot of her fair/bair off-stage, she'll enter the freeze state for a while and that sort of stops her fall for that moment allowing a way of acting while Peach is in helpless state.

Peach vs Bomberman MU:
BBM can control the stage easily, and the bomb shenanigans. Makes it hard and brutal when Peach is knocked off-stage(which happens very often due to her light weight)

Peach vs Black Mage MU:
An annoying MU, BM can kill and easily keep a zoning game without much worry since turnips' distance is short if BM just intends to spam meteor and charge smash attacks when Peach is off-stage. So while those are legit tactics they're annoying to face there is also the aerials which outright beat Peach's aerials(with the exception of nair of course).

Now I do remember the fact that you mention the characters aren't in order of who's best in the tiers itself. So while restating that fact, it also means that Peach is simply outclassed by most of the characters in this tier [6 out of 9 characters in total in it(not counting Peach)], and therefore I feel and believe that she shouldn't be in B tier, but in C tier.

also lol this post seems very meh because I feel like this is kinda wrong at the same time but w/e, I'll just take it down if it's bad.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:48 am
BR Member

I'll do some more research on Peach and consider her for C tier. Thanks a lot for your help man!

Oh and ily2 Joey.

UPDATES: Added info to Ness (thanks Appley!)
Considering moving Sonic down a tier
Looking more into Pikachu
Considering Peach for C tier

My twitter!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:51 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Suli Hyuga wrote:
I'll do some more research on Peach and consider her for C tier. Thanks a lot for your help man!

Oh and ily2 Joey.

UPDATES: Added info to Ness (thanks Appley!)
Considering moving Sonic down a tier
Looking more into Pikachu
Considering Peach for C tier

Idk man, she's low B tier, but I think C is a little too low imho

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
I can't agree with most of this list lol
also feel like you placed the letters for tiers wherever you wanted without much thought.
your descriptions are exaggerated and make character look better/worse than they actually are.
also, the fact that some of your pros/cons descriptions are undecided make you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.
looks mostly like an opinionated list based on your own experiences. not to mention you might've sprinkled it with bandwagon from the general public opinion.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm
BR Member

TacThree wrote:
1) your descriptions are exaggerated and make character look better/worse than they actually are.
2) also, the fact that some of your pros/cons descriptions are undecided make you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.
3) looks mostly like an opinionated list based on your own experiences. not to mention you might've sprinkled it with bandwagon from the general public opinion.

1) Only exaggerated example I see is 'Lloyd's recovery is absolute a**'. But I don't see how slight exaggerations can affect tier placements. He's still S tier and not many people disagree with that.
2) Didn't wanna leave characters out just because I didn't know what to write, so I looked at other tier lists that I somewhat agree with and tournament results and placed them based on what I found.
3) Read the OP again please.

Also keep in mind that Pros and Cons were only added as rough ideas and basic descriptions to each character. Some descriptions may not even justify a character's placements as online results/MUs also contribute to where a character is placed.
Oh yeah and Pros and Cons are here because other tier lists are too lazy to give even small information about each character, which I think is useful in tier lists. gg.

My twitter!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:12 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
I have A LOT of problems with this tier list but I'll just name a few.

Sheik shouldn't be in B. She has little bad MUs, does well against the other top tiers (beats Marth, 50-50 with Lloyd), has needles, and the dreaded fair. Easily one of the best edgeguarders in the game. It has already been proven that Sheik is VERY viable as she gets very high placements in tourney and ranked matches. I'd put her in S or A due to her strong pros and her great presence in today's metagame right now.

Zelda should also be higher. You are right about her mobility, it hinders her a lot. But it is easily made up for due to her strong zoning game, ridiculous hitboxes, free combos, and the deadliest set of moves in the game. She has absolutely no trouble killing at all. She has so much easy to get kill options its stupid. She also has a great recovery that can also be used in neutral as a mindgame tool. Theres no way she is in B tier.

Falcon in A tier? LOL. Sure, Falcon is stylish af' and got hype combos and good kill setups. However, he suffers from having losing MUs to a HUGE chunk of the roster, and gets rekt by many top tiers including MK, Zss, Sheik, etc. He gets combo'd easily and he also has a HORRIBLE recovery. He just isn't that great of a character. I'd place him in B tier.

Goku in C???? Whaaaaat??? Goku has great zoning, great grab game, great recovery with float, and has a great juggle game. He has no trouble killing ESPECIALLY with down+b. The damage over time for down+B is easily worth it, especially when you can take stocks in a flash in Kaioken form. (down+b into dair, gg stock). He suffers to similar problems to DK, being heavy and being huge. I'd place him high B or low A.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:57 am
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next