The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Game Master 

Sabastian, doing the small amount of calculations needed in his head, handed a dollar (just so happened that his world used Earth currency) to the man at the counter. "So I'll take half a dozen, then." He said, a smile on his face. Of course, he was confused when the power went out...

---

Usopp, not having seen the bum, screamed a loud scream, holding both fear from the suprise the newcomer gave him and fear from the whole power outage thing. Suddenly calming down (slightly; just enough to stop him from screaming), he tried his best to get words out of his mouth. "U-uh... sorry, I don't have any money..." he said truthfully. After all, Nami was quite the treasure hoarder.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 am

Cirno fought hard against the strong winds, struggling to keep pushing forward, but all in vain as she was slowly kept back until she eventually gave in. The gust launched her through the air and Cirno comically hit the sidewalk, face first.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

*OOC: My apologies for being absent. The reason is due to a spike in homework, not apathy. I should be able to make a proper post on friday.*

{Draco} the Veron (fire-breathing blink fox)
[[Sylver]] the Robotic Dog

Story Mode (not to be confused with official SSF2 story mode)
Rising Tide: 4 stages complete

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

*OOC: My apologies. The work was a bit more… problematic than expected. Not to mention, since this post and the next will probably essentially decide the course of the rest of the entire RP and is supposed to explain why you are taking care of the problem instead of, y’know, the army men… It requires a fair bit of forethought.*

Donut Shop

“Aw, f…” the man at the front counter says, catching himself just in time. “Who forgot to pay the frickin’ bill?”

From the back, someone yells, “According to the transistor radio, it’s happening all over town. And, ah… I wouldn’t look out the window if I were you.”

Naturally, just as if he were a person hanging off a cliff told not to look down, look the man at the front counter does. Of course, the fact that the windows are now the only light source in the room might also have something to do with it.

*OOC: In case you are wondering how, in a city-wide power-outage, a local radio station can broadcast, the answer is backup generators.*

Outside

The wind outside the castle is still blowing hard. However, Cirno, now on the ground, has less surface area to push her away. Not to mention, she is a bit moire distant from the wind and, since the wind is going from the source in a similar way to the ripple of a drop on a watery surface, the wind gets weaker as it gets farther away from the castle.

The dark clouds are spreading, and a faint, yet noticeable purple glow emanates from the clouds. People everywhere seem to have… understandably worried reactions. The churches are inundated with people looking to faith for protection and peace. People on the street are rushing around far more than usual, trying to get home to their kids, trying to find their mommy and daddy, trying to get to their car, or just trying to find some sort of shelter. The bum near Usopp, realizing that there might be some bad things happening soon, empties out a garbage can and seeks refuge in it. There are people on street corners holding up (or wearing) signs, telling people that the end is here and to repent - The difference between this and any other day, though, being that people actually are starting to believe these ramblings.

Julian’s house

“What’s going on?” Julian’s father asks.

“It’s looking kinda windy outside. Maybe that’s why the power went out,” Julian proposes.

Julian’s mother sighs. “Look, I don’t know what it is, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with that purple tint out there.”

Julian looks out the window. “Ooh, pretty…” At that, Twippy too looks out the window.

“Completely missing the point…” Julian’s mother says.

Donut Shop

“What the F@#$!” the man at the counter.

“And you can’t help but take a bite of the schmuck bait, can you?” the man in the back says.

“Shu’up, Nick!”

Alley

Through all the commotion, it is difficult for Usopp to discern any words from the crowd. However, in the opposite direction, further down the alleyway, Usopp hears a yell. “Bad kitty! BAD KITTY! YAAAAHAHAHAAAIIIPES!” Flying down the alley, toward Usopp, is a strange, green bird, being chased closely by two brown, striped cats. Strangely, the bird is flying barely a foot above ground, and doesn’t seem to be catching onto the idea of simply flying out of reach.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Sabastian, being the fool he is, looks out the window as well. Seeing the purple tint and black clouds ((I'm assuming that's what the counter-guy was yelling about)), he, being from a rather... cliche anime, recognizes this as a sign of evil. "Yosh! Seeing as how there's a large meanacing castle around here, I'm sure that must be where evil warlock causing all of this is!" He says to himself, but loud enough that anyone around him can hear it. Pounding one fist into another, he charges out the door, making a run for the castle.

---

Usopp seems to think the bum has the right idea, and is about to find a hiding place when he sees the bird and the cats chasing it. "Well... if the world's gonna end, I may as well be a hero in my last moments!!" he thinks to himself, at the same time reassuring himself that they're just cats. What trouble could they possibly be? Waiting for the right moment, he steps inbetween the bird and the cats with a smug look on his face. "Well well well, maybe I, The Great Captain Usopp, of over 8,000 followers, won't miss out on his favorite cat-soup after all!" He said, in both an attempt to scare the cats away and impress the small bird at the same time. Of course, these were all lies. He had never eaten cat, he wasn't a Captain, and he didn't have 8,000 followers, but he wasn't gonna tell them that.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:28 am

As Cirno pushed herself back up onto her feet, she heard quick, loud footsteps coming from the direction of the town. Whatever was coming definitely wasn't human. She hovered up a foot or so above the ground, turning to face the sound. She was curious when she saw a large man charging at her, but also didn't think to move out of the way. The man unknowingly barreled through Cirno, sending her spiraling straight up through the air. She caught herself mid-flight and stopped. She stayed floating in the same spot of the sky, several feet above where the man hit her. She glanced over and saw the man still running towards the castle.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:55 pm

((Just wondering if this man happens to be Sabastian, here.))

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

OOC: Obviously. Why would I be allowed to make a new NPC out of nowhere?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:58 pm

*OOC: Yipe. I could have sworn I’d already responded.*

Donut Shop

The person at the front counter shrugs, and eats a donut while nobody is looking.

Alley

“Yeah, sure, whatever! Just eat them already!” the bird says, rushing behind Usopp. The cats continue chasing, for they either do not know what Usopp is saying or simply do not care.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Sabastian feels something hit him, or actually, himslef hit something. However, he shrugs it off as a rock. Floating in mid-air. Unaware of his idiocy, he continues to the castle, beginning to feel weak winds coming from it.

---

"U-uh... right." Usopp says, seeming not to notice that the bird just talked. "Kayaku Boshi!" He yelled, firing a small black ball at the ground in front of the cats, which then exploded. He did this in hopes of scaring them off, as it exploded at a distance that wouldn't harm them.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am

The cats screech and run away.

“Either you like your cats well-smoked, or…” the bird says, trying to make sense of the situation

From the clouds, a voice booms: “HA! FOOLS!”

“Oh great, the clouds are talking,” the bird sighs.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Cirno only noticed that she heard a voice coming from above her. Not knowing what else to do, she flew straight up as high as she comfortably could. The air high up was nice and cold, the way Cirno liked it. She soared around through the clouds with a puzzled look on her face, searching for the echoing voice that called to her.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 pm

As Cirno flies up, she notices an eerie feeling coming from it. If she proceeds further, this eerie feeling becomes a sick feeling. The higher she ascends, the more sick and weak she feels. Fortunately, if she flies back down, the effects immediately wear off.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Cirno started not feeling very well. She decided to head back down to solid ground. As she touched the ground, she noticed a bench nearby on the sidewalk. She walked over and sat on it to catch her breath.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Usopp screeched very loudly both from realizing the bird could talk and the BOOMING VOICE FROM THE SKY. He quickly fainted, though in an anime style that people tend to wake from quickly. Nevertheless, he was still shocked to large extents, though he ignored the bird due to the sheer scaryness (that Luffy's eyes would probably sparkle at...) of a giant voice from the sky.

(Bah, I'll update on Sabastian later...))

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:09 pm
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next