The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I'm salty
(¬⌒¬)
Because I can't find any Peach at apex videos on youtube.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:35 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Here are some Peach highlights, ignore the one goku clip lol. There's a 0 to death clip as well that shows good tech chasing!
YouTube Video:

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:17 am

So I'm gona pray to the SSF2 gods that BetaPeach's Fair sends the opponent at a horizontal angle. I'm so sick of this diagnol fair. I'm playing TCS's MK and I fair him, yet he's still living till like 160%. Like who does that? Where they do that at?

Also does anyone know Peach's turnip rng %s.
I stay pulling c***, more stitches or atleast kissyfaces would be helpful.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:58 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
That fair was incredibly lucky: it was essentially perfect so that when I DI'd the way I did I went essentially the maximum distance you can fly in Smash without reaching a blastzone on a legal stage. On any other stage besides Dracula's and any other position I was dead meat.

I like fair this demo. It isn't a great kill move, but it works well for edgeguarding and kills early off the stage. Peach could use some kill power somewhere to compensate for her weight: nair kills MK at like 180%, bair is decent but not her best aerial, her smashes are awful, her tilts don't really kill except for dtilt at absurdly high percents or as a near-OHKO meteor, and good turnips are rare. Uair is a good kill move, but it's hard to land because Peach is usually above her opponent, although dair -> uair can kill sometimes. Maybe she needs a buff to one of her ground kill moves, to give her a way to finish opponents off but not a finisher that would buff her combo game too much. Maybe make fsmash more powerful?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
How about fthrow? Is that up to snuff?

I think that Beta Peach will make her even better than she has ever been, and so we don't have to worry too much about how she is now. Just try and not kill onstage BECAUSE that's a weakness. I wish bair had a reverse Hitbox that sent forward (bair->nair :()

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
F'throw starts killing solidly from 130%> (but it also depends on the other character, stage, DI)
but that doesn't really bother me at all what I really want for her is some ground mobility and a better grab range, Peach just looses a lot of her true potential without her grab game,
and if that's too much to ask then a better initial dash speed at the very least... that would be nice.

AND MAKE THAT STUPID BEAM SWORD USEFUL DAMMNIT!

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:33 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
IronH wrote:
F'throw starts killing solidly from 130%> (but it also depends on the other character, stage, DI)
but that doesn't really bother me at all what I really want for her is some ground mobility and a better grab range, Peach just looses a lot of her true potential without her grab game,
and if that's too much to ask then a better initial dash speed at the very least... that would be nice.

AND MAKE THAT STUPID BEAM SWORD USEFUL DAMMNIT!

That would be extremely useful.

Oh and maybe a single hit Dash attack that'd be nice.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:03 am

I actually don't think that's the flaw with Dash Attack, in my opinion it is a bit tricky since you don't expect it to have two hits and I've caught people that only shield the first one but do get hit by the second , what really annoys me however is when I turn around to do DA and I found myself doing the attack but not moving an inch... that's just deppressing sometimes.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:47 am

Ikr, why does dash attack go with peach's momentum? Same with parasol, like when I get meteor smashed and use parasol I only rise like half the vertical height.

Also @TCS, I like what they did with fair in 9b too, it was a step in the right direction from 9a. Yet it's still not that good.

I don't get why a character like Sheik has a fair that comes out super fast, can kill at 80% and can easily combo into it.

While Peach's fair(which is traditionally her goto ko move), has huge startup, can't be combo'd into, has has landing lag, and hits at a diagnol angle.

If I hate fair for an edgeguard or even offstage and it just throws my opponent into the air and aids their recovery.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:26 am
YIM
BR Member

Comparing Peach's fair to other moves doesn't make sense. Sheik's fair is one of the best aerials in the game: not everyone can have a move like hers.

I like single-hit dash attack: a lot of times when I hit the move I don't get the second hit and I can't combo.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:24 pm
BR Member

Shine wrote:
Ikr, why does dash attack go with peach's momentum? Same with parasol, like when I get meteor smashed and use parasol I only rise like half the vertical height.

Also @TCS, I like what they did with fair in 9b too, it was a step in the right direction from 9a. Yet it's still not that good.

I don't get why a character like Sheik has a fair that comes out super fast, can kill at 80% and can easily combo into it.

While Peach's fair(which is traditionally her goto ko move), has huge startup, can't be combo'd into, has has landing lag, and hits at a diagnol angle.

If I hate fair for an edgeguard or even offstage and it just throws my opponent into the air and aids their recovery.

Fair can be combo'd into. You can do multiple nairs into fair, especially offstage, and turnip into Fair. Its also good for KO-ing floaties quickly and KOing everyone else when Nair is stale.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
@Sorabotics
@Tac3
@IronH
@Shine!
('known' Peaches basically... wehns tagging)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t0wwvg0laapl ... -bX0a?dl=0

tryna compile good peach replays for people that are newer to the game/interested in picking up peach and just as a way to keep tabs on the peach meta etc. hmu with your dropbox user so I can give you editing permissions.

(Gosick doing something cool for the community, without insulting anyone, what year is this.)

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:01 pm
BR Member

Gosick wrote:
@Sorabotics
@Tac3
@IronH
@Shine!

tryna compile good peach replays for people that are newer to the game/interested in picking up peach and just as a way to keep tabs on the peach meta etc. hmu with your dropbox user so I can give you editing permissions.

(Gosick doing something cool for the community, without insulting anyone, what year is this.)

My dropbox is [email protected]

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Gosick wrote:
@Sorabotics
@Tac3
@IronH
@Shine!

You just made me realize my lack of Peach replays, I used to had a few but they were from older versions so I deleted them.
Don't worry though I'll get some for ya. :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm
BR Member

I attached some replays against Peaches I've played.

EDIT:
For some reason I can't upload crap, so I've linked them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1fgg18hruejetb2/Me_(Yoshi)_vs_Mr_M_(Peach).ssfrec
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ckubw78dnu9ly29/Me_(Tails)_v_IronH_(Peach).ssfrec

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next