The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 169  Next
Sonic the Hedgehog 

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
I guess the advantage of Nintendo buying Sega is that they would finally let Sonic have different colors in the new Smash Bros

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
When I first saw Sonic Boom, I was like "wtf". Months later I started to think it could be okay, as long as the change isn't permanent I could play it.
Then they rushed it and the game became Rise of Lyric.
More like Rise of '06
----------------------
The initial concept could have been much worse (specially sanic), but this game was a completely insult to all Sonic fans. Sega was earning a bankrupt from long ago (Sonic drift, Sonic R, Sanic '06, Shadow the Hedgehog, Nickelodeon styled villains in Sanic aka Lost World and this game)
Generations was the last full good game in the series, and Sega was just relying in Sonic instead of balancing itself with multiple franchises like Sony and Nintendo did.
I quit from the Sonic fandom.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm sure the Sonic fandom will miss you dearly

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:56 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Didn't basically everybody like Generations

Why didn't they just immediately greenlight Generations 2

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Term wrote:

Because they made some s*** three-game deal with Nintendo that led to Lost World, another Olympics game and Boom

Now that that's seemingly over maybe they can move on and make another good Sonic game

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:35 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Term wrote:

The thing about modern Sonic is that they seem to expiriment a lot. This is what leads to games like Unleashed and Black Knight where there are mechanics that deviate completely from the franchise's standard.

It was also one of the problems of Lost World imo; aside from the new Parkour mechanic it tried to throw several other gameplay quirks at you in different levels. And most of them were just... iunno (f*** stealth in a Sonic game ugh).

I can respect that they want to bring fresh new (gameplay) concepts to such a long running franchise tbh. But it's often been a misser. Their most succesful game as of late (Generations) was actually largely succesful because it just about RENNIN' FEST like you'd expect a Sonic game to be and you weren't expected to put up with stealth-ass s***. Even Colours didn't really introduce many new features besides the Wisps (and power-ups aren't really a novelty) and focussed largely on platforming and running.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
they gave sonic 3 different styles of gameplay

they have classic style gameplay
adventure style
generations style

they pretty much segmented the fan base and can't fix it. so when they try something new they get shat on for it not being the style of sonic this group prefers. and it turns into a whiny fan base that demands so much from them game wise.

im mostly talking sonic team games not the other third party company s***.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- on another note:

people keep forgetting Sega didn't make sonic boom they hired a company to make it gave em a deadline and money and the company screwed em over.
apparently sega didn't even know what the designs would look like until near the same time as all the fans.

not to mention when they pitched the game to sega this is what they had to show off at first
YouTube Video:

wouldn't you expect something worth while from seeing this first.
than Big Red started to fall apart during development and instead of delaying the game they all decided to release it anyway.

and sega of america f*** up twice with hiring other companies with how hard colonial marines hit them
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be honest sonic isn't dead just in a state of what the f*** do i do. because if they make a platformer for him people complain. if they make a gotta go fast game people complain
they literally can't win with their fan base. also sonic generations was also boosted by alot of nostalgia for the reason it was successful.

I AM APPLE

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I think that he franchise should end already. Not because I hate it. It's just that it simply begs to rest in peace.
I think Sega should have tried something new, and I don't mean a new Sanic game. I mean another franchise. Relying on your mascot will never work, because you are risking all the money and effort on him without nowing if it's gonna be hit or miss. Baasically, relying on a mascot won't give you any backups in case you fall.
Nintendo and Sony handled this perfectly (While Nintendo likes to give Mario the spotlight, they also have some tricks under the sleeve: Zelda, Pokemon, etc. Sony's mascot pretty much died, so they're giving the spotlight to their multiple franchises so they always have a backup)
Sega didn't evolve through time unlike other companies that's the reason it fell so much.
And no qbit, I was just joking lol, I' still enjoy many of Sonic games, specially Adventure and Sonic Rush

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:52 pm

You uhh

Do know that SEGA make and publish a lot of non-Sonic games, right?

What the f*** does having a "mascot" have to do with anything?

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:13 pm

most people say that the main reason sega hasn't made games like that anymore is because they have no console of their own anymore so they don't have that big an incentive to make other things that aren't their biggest franchise (sonic). because they have no reason to keep you exclusively on their console they don't have anymore. however when they do make new titles that are good people usually write them off as meh simply because it's SEGA.

I AM APPLE

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
baron von jiggly wrote:
most people say that the main reason sega hasn't made games like that anymore is because they have no console of their own anymore so they don't have that big an incentive to make other things that aren't their biggest franchise (sonic). because they have no reason to keep you exclusively on their console they don't have anymore. however when they do make new titles that are good people usually write them off as meh simply because it's SEGA.

i've never seen anyone do that
like ever

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:38 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Idk if u guys heard of Sonic World. It's a fan game and it's really good. It's like Sonic Adventure and you can play as like, any sonic character from the series.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:11 pm
YIM

i know what sonic World is but until it has more to show off there isn't much that can be said about it

I AM APPLE

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:20 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
baron von jiggly wrote:
to be honest sonic isn't dead just in a state of what the f*** do i do. because if they make a platformer for him people complain. if they make a gotta go fast game people complain
they literally can't win with their fan base. also sonic generations was also boosted by alot of nostalgia for the reason it was successful.

I think I might be the only person ever to forgive Sega for Sonic Boom due to the fact that they had little involvement (and probabaly couldn't axe the project because of monetary and legal reasons) with Sonic Boom. Basically: f*** Big Red Button.

You make an interesting point about the segmented fanbase, I had never considered this point myself. I thought Generations was universally pretty well received though, perhaps because it was such a micture of the older 2D platforming and the newer type of gameplay?

The thing about Generations is that it played on our nostalgia a lot. I'd be interested to see a game similair to Generations but completely new to see how it'd hold up without the nostalgia factor.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:18 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Steven wrote:
The thing about Generations is that it played on our nostalgia a lot. I'd be interested to see a game similair to Generations but completely new to see how it'd hold up without the nostalgia factor.
Counterpoint: Generations is the 2nd Sonic game I ever played (and the first was goddamn Shadow the Hedgehog). I thought it was brilliant, with no nostalgia going for it at all

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:21 am
 [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 169  Next