The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Darkness of Light: Cataclysm 

I'm technically breaking my own "One RP at a time" rule, but whatever.
Wanted to do another entry in the DoL saga; however, due to the fact that more than half of the original members aren't much up to continuing (Ichigo went AWOL, J-Corp gave up, and RPG is now classified as MIA), It's going to take place before the events of the original; dealing with the time before the darkness and all that crazy s*** which became the foundation for the original RP.

All the information is here for you.
Not going to go crazy like the mech RP, as this is going to be short and sweet like DoL in terms of RP systems.

Story
Swords are forged and armor built; yet, none of these are used. There is no darkness and no
light counterexisting such. People grow and live in peace, free to laugh and enjoy the life
they possess. 'The last war was how long ago?' they ask. Even the elders do not remember.
However, HE remembers. HE can recount the conflicts of the troubled past and can accurately
predict what is to come, with no limit to how far back or forward HE can see. HE has been
there. HE has seen it. But. Who is HE? HE walks into towns, stealing away boys and girls,
where from they vanish completely. Strangely, not all suffer this fate, but they seem to be
routinely chosen. Each have severe mental or physical issues, yet HE sees them as children
or siblings to be loved. And HE has promised them a position at the table of heaven.
Perhaps the question of who HE is may just be irrelevant, because what he wishes to
accomplish is much more frightening to think about.

He stands at 6'2", and is a pale figure.
He doesn't give out a name or age, only states he is called FEARDORCHA (meaning "Dark man")
His body is draped in black, and it is said that under his drapes, there is nothing but
dark. His eyes are covered with a cloth like a blindfold ("Those who can see before them
are merely blind.") which is never removed.

One character each player. I'll be using Feardorcha as he is NPC.

BIO
Name:
Proficient Weapon: Any weapon. I don't really care what it is.
Appearance:
Biography: (include Feardorcha's appearance to them as well as past)
Physical or Mental Disorder: use these as starting points.
Mental disorders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_illnesses
Physical disorders A-I: http://www.way2hope.org/menu-pages/dise ... ons-01.htm
Physical disorders J-Z: http://www.way2hope.org/menu-pages/dise ... ons-09.htm
Once stated, explain what it does so I don't have to look it up.
relationship with Feardorcha: Explain if after they met him they became close to him, began
to hate him, at neutral standings, etc.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Remind me to join this tomorrow, okay? I already have a character in mind.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Should have just revived TLitD. Seriously. That was one of my first RPs, and then you went and killed it.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Kerim wrote:
Should have just revived TLitD. Seriously. That was one of my first RPs, and then you went and killed it.

I didn't kill it, it died on it's own.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Kerim wrote:

Oh. Right.

But still, revive that s***!

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Kerim wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Kerim wrote:

Oh. Right.

once the prequel starts, I might revive the sequel.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Niniva: Confirmed for DoL Prequel.

I look forward to shoving my face into the prequel of the most successful MG RP.

Im all for this, Whimmeh.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Whimskull wrote:
Kerim wrote:
Whimskull wrote:
Kerim wrote:

Oh. Right.

once the prequel starts, I might revive the sequel.

You should. It'll be much better now.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Waifu: You!
Might use this to retry my RPing skills.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Your character sheet is interesting. Maybe I shall consider participating.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:15 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
I have to practice up my RPing skills, so I might join, I just hope I don't make it crappy with my current skills

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 am

Location: I'm somewhere. Someplace. That you know NOTHING of.
Whimskull wrote:
I'm technically breaking my own "One RP at a time" rule, but whatever.
Wanted to do another entry in the DoL saga; however, due to the fact that more than half of the original members aren't much up to continuing (Ichigo went AWOL, J-Corp gave up, and RPG is now classified as MIA), It's going to take place before the events of the original; dealing with the time before the darkness and all that crazy s#%$& which became the foundation for the original RP.

All the information is here for you.
Not going to go crazy like the mech RP, as this is going to be short and sweet like DoL in terms of RP systems.

Story
Swords are forged and armor built; yet, none of these are used. There is no darkness and no
light counterexisting such. People grow and live in peace, free to laugh and enjoy the life
they possess. 'The last war was how long ago?' they ask. Even the elders do not remember.
However, HE remembers. HE can recount the conflicts of the troubled past and can accurately
predict what is to come, with no limit to how far back or forward HE can see. HE has been
there. HE has seen it. But. Who is HE? HE walks into towns, stealing away boys and girls,
where from they vanish completely. Strangely, not all suffer this fate, but they seem to be
routinely chosen. Each have severe mental or physical issues, yet HE sees them as children
or siblings to be loved. And HE has promised them a position at the table of heaven.
Perhaps the question of who HE is may just be irrelevant, because what he wishes to
accomplish is much more frightening to think about.

He stands at 6'2", and is a pale figure.
He doesn't give out a name or age, only states he is called FEARDORCHA (meaning "Dark man")
His body is draped in black, and it is said that under his drapes, there is nothing but
dark. His eyes are covered with a cloth like a blindfold ("Those who can see before them
are merely blind.") which is never removed.

One character each player. I'll be using Feardorcha as he is NPC.

BIO
Name:
Proficient Weapon: Any weapon. I don't really care what it is.
Appearance:
Biography: (include Feardorcha's appearance to them as well as past)
Physical or Mental Disorder: use these as starting points.
Mental disorders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mental_illnesses
Physical disorders A-I: http://www.way2hope.org/menu-pages/dise ... ons-01.htm
Physical disorders J-Z: http://www.way2hope.org/menu-pages/dise ... ons-09.htm
Once stated, explain what it does so I don't have to look it up.
relationship with Feardorcha: Explain if after they met him they became close to him, began
to hate him, at neutral standings, etc.

Can I join? It's my first time RPing, though I have RPd on many other forums. This is my character's bio in case I can join.
BIO
Name: Zac Blairdrith
Proficient Weapon: He favors dual swords or a samurai sword, but also uses a special blade forged out of minerals found from the mines, earth, and a gold handle from a blacksmith. It's called Nature's Blade.
Appearance: 5'7, black shy eye hair, dark blue eyes, skinny
Biography: Zac has been through many things, including that of his mother, whom he lost after she took a walk in the woods one day, and is still missing. One day, he met Feardorcha on a search for his mother. He breifly walked with him, having a conversation, then ran as soon as he continued his search.
Physical or Mental Disorder: None[b]
Mental disorders: ADHD (Has trouble paying attention, gets hyper at random times)[i]
[i]Physical disorders A-I: Asthma (Triuble breathing sometimes)

Physical disorders J-Z: None
[b]relationship with Feardorcha: At neutral. Zac met Feardorcha on a search for his mother, and they had a breif conversation. He fled though, so Zac is still unsure about him.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Supaspeed345 wrote:
Can I join? It's my first time RPing, though I have RPd on many other forums. This is my character's bio in case I can join.
BIO
Proficient Weapon: He favors dual swords or a samurai sword, but also uses a special blade forged out of minerals found from the mines, earth, and a gold handle from a blacksmith. It's called Nature's Blade.
Biography: Zac has been through many things, including that of his mother, whom he lost after she took a walk in the woods one day, and is still missing. One day, he met Feardorcha on a search for his mother. He breifly walked with him, having a conversation, then ran as soon as he continued his search.
Physical or Mental Disorder: None[b]
Mental disorders: ADHD (Has trouble paying attention, gets hyper at random times)[i]
[i]Physical disorders A-I: Asthma (Triuble breathing sometimes)

Physical disorders J-Z: None
[b]relationship with Feardorcha: At neutral. Zac met Feardorcha on a search for his mother, and they had a breif conversation. He fled though, so Zac is still unsure about him.

Not accepting bios at the moment. I have a few problems with yours though.
Bio needs to be longer. Standards usually go at about a paragraph at least.
Also, you choose either a mental or physical disorder. You can't have both because I dun like that. the links are just for referencing as well.
Also relationship with Feardorcha is skewered. They join him and stick around him, whereas you made a mistake and said that Feardorcha ran away. In addition, it's supposed to explain how well acquainted they are with him; in turn saying whether they are close to him or are unsure of him.

You're lucky I'm not Kyzak, or I would have ripped it apart.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Location: I'm somewhere. Someplace. That you know NOTHING of.
Whimskull wrote:
Supaspeed345 wrote:
BIO
Physical or Mental Disorder: Mental [b]
[i]Mental disorders: ADHD (Has trouble paying attention, gets hyper at random times)[i]

Not accepting bios at the moment. I have a few problems with yours though.
Bio needs to be longer. Standards usually go at about a paragraph at least.
Also, you choose either a mental or physical disorder. You can't have both because I dun like that. the links are just for referencing as well.
Also relationship with Feardorcha is skewered. They join him and stick around him, whereas you made a mistake and said that Feardorcha ran away. In addition, it's supposed to explain how well acquainted they are with him; in turn saying whether they are close to him or are unsure of him.

You're lucky I'm not Kyzak, or I would have ripped it apart.

Lol. And ok, I'll work on it. But I'm choosing ADHD over Asthma.
Here is his updated bio:
Proficient Weapon: He favors dual swords or a samurai sword, but also uses a special blade forged out of minerals found from the mines, earth, and a gold handle from a blacksmith. It's called Nature's Blade. He weilds it in power. The blade has great power, including that to control earth, with the ability to make a small quake within a 30 feet radius when it is stabbed into the ground.
Biography: Zac has been through many things, including that of his mother, whom he lost after she took a walk in the woods one day, and is still missing. One day, he met Feardorcha on a search for his mother. He breifly walked with him, having a conversation, then ran as soon as he continued his search. There was also a hunting incident. Once when Zac was 9, his father, Blake, was teaching him how to shoot an arrow. There was an incident with the bow involving his hand. While shooting, something slit his wrist open a little. He went to the infirmary, and still has the huge scar to the present day.
Physical or Mental Disorder: Mental
relationship with Feardorcha: At neutral. Zac met Feardorcha in a search through the forest. He jumped down from a tree in front of Zac. Zac was scared at first. He then noticed there was nothing to fear. After he breifly helped him search, they got into a conversation. After Zac telling him how his mother disappeared, Feardorcha fled for an unknown reason. Zac tried to catch up, but he was too fast. Zac is unsure about him, although he thinks that Freardorcha might have something to do with his mother's disappearence.

It may still have problems. I'm only 11, so I really don't know a lot.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Supaspeed345 wrote:
It may still have problems. I'm only 11, so I really don't know a lot.

I can not prepare you for the flamming that might ensue

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:18 am
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next