The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:43 am

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next
Naruto 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Savio wrote:
Just a clarification. Are you saying that Dtilt is a bad move? Because it comes out in two frames and it's pretty strong. The shield pushback is also significant enough at higher percents that it can become safe on block.

It actually comes out on frame 3 (aka frame 5 for a main game), just like scumbag said fast, but not that fast. No faster than Falcon's uair or Fox's utilt.

But I don't think it's a bad move at all, especially since he can crawl to space it better (especially since it has only 3 frames of endlag after 4 frames of being active).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ah, my bad. Granted, frame 3/5 is still decently quick, and I'm fairly certain that Utilt combos into Uair, Bair or Up B on most characters that DI up to avoid dying to a Dtilt. I'll have to check that one.

Scum, it seems to me that your issue with Dtilt is not that it's a bad move per say, but rather that it doesn't do what you would like it to. Am I correct in my reading of your post?

Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 am

MGN Username: scum
Down tilt wasn't the point of my original post. The reason i say it's bad is because the risk of using it very much out-weights the reward. You can't combo into it at high percents, its range means you can't space with it making it a bad move to use in neutral, and its not safe on shield giving it very little viability overall. But down tilt is just an example of the many moves that don't correspond with the overall goal of the character.

Mon May 23, 2016 11:34 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
scumbag wrote:
Down tilt wasn't the point of my original post. The reason i say it's bad is because the risk of using it very much out-weights the reward. You can't combo into it at high percents, its range means you can't space with it making it a bad move to use in neutral, and its not safe on shield giving it very little viability overall. But down tilt is just an example of the many moves that don't correspond with the overall goal of the character.

What is the overall goal of the character? Please explain this to me.

This is something that has always got me about you, you always bring the character down.

I see what's wrong with the character and has address what can be improved about him. However, with you, its like you want a complete overhaul of the character to suite what you want really want the character to be. That's what I get whenever I see you bring down this character or trying to say what he needs.

Tue May 24, 2016 3:22 am

To be brief, the point of Naruto was to be a punish oriented character with a projectile game. In terms of theses aspects, Naruto's current design is pretty much a fail. As far as the criticism, I'm really not trying to bring him down or anything. He was a fun character to main back when v.9b was still relevant. I liked stuff like his ground speed, fair, and pseudo wave-lands, but his current moveset revolves around dumb stuff like dash attack up-tilt auto combos. If they just took the liberty of fixing his moveset to coincide with the latter then I'd think he would turn out into an amazing character.

Fri May 27, 2016 6:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
This is what I don't understand about your argument, Scum. Naruto's current itteration is precisely what you are describing: a "punish oriented character with a projectile game." Granted, I don't think this is currently done in the most elegant or fair manner imaginable, but Naruto's basic design is pretty solid. He seems more like a character that requires modifications to the moves that he already has rather than a total overhaul. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you?

Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Savio wrote:
This is what I don't understand about your argument, Scum. Naruto's current itteration is precisely what you are describing: a "punish oriented character with a projectile game." Granted, I don't think this is currently done in the most elegant or fair manner imaginable, but Naruto's basic design is pretty solid. He seems more like a character that requires modifications to the moves that he already has rather than a total overhaul. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you?

My entire argument is based off the fact that Naruto is a poorly designed character in terms of his punishes and projectile game. I mean ya, V.9b Naruto is a character based off of punishes and projectiles. But the way they went about doing it was terribly though out and isn't something I would except from a legitimate balance team. Like I said in previous posts, his entire punish game is based off of auto-comboing to the point were he can't combo If they gave his moves proper knock-back scaling. They need to give him moves (more so aerials) dedicated to proper DI based juggles. His projectile game is based off of zoning characters out and gaining complete stage control. This doesn't go with the whole idea of his up close game and often times ends up with Naruto running away form opponents to zone. They need to rework clones to were they're a means of approaching and starting combos. I agree that some of his current move-set should be modified, but other things should be reworked. That why I'm asking for a drastic overhaul, not a total overhaul.

Mon May 30, 2016 5:47 pm

I see your argument and agree with a few points, but at the same time not truly getting what you are saying.

Naruto is a character who can be played multiple ways like other characters. May it be zoning, rush down or opting for stage control.

Naruto will have to zone against characters who just out range him and who more priority then he does, which forces him to zone. Though this gives him more trouble when a character has the ability to just take out his projectiles and steal his stage control away from him.

I would say he needs a buff to his range and priority in order to do better. If his projectile game gets nerfed, I am fine with that, but as long as he gets buffed to his physical attacks.

When you say auto combos to the point he can't combo any more, isn't that every character?

Yes, Naruto has an auto combo, but people have learned to D.I. his combos so I am not sure if this is a problem. If they can't combo with up tilt anymore, they can just do his aerials, which can lead into many kill set ups, which I like.

I try to approach with nair, but it will get knocked out by superior moves by other characters.

Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 am

Naruto has an easy 0-death on Fox: Chaingrab f-throw until offstage, then forward tilt

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:47 am

mariomario345 wrote:
Naruto has an easy 0-death on Fox: Chaingrab f-throw until offstage, then forward tilt

That's not a true chain grab.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:49 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:

Dash button says hi.

Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:06 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
mariomario345 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:

Dash button says hi.

http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Directional_influence

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:11 am

TSF|Skailler wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:

Dash button says hi.

I know what DI is, and after retesting it, it doesn't work on certain ones(plzdon'thurtmekthanks).

Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:53 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
mariomario345 wrote:
TSF|Skailler wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
mariomario345 wrote:

Dash button says hi.

I know what DI is, and after retesting it, it doesn't work on certain ones(plzdon'thurtmekthanks).

Fun fact: All throws in SSF2 can be Smash DI'd, and the kunai on the throw can also be SDI'd. If you hold away for the throw (to get both the DI on the throw and the SDI on the throw hitbox), then reset your control stick (or keyboard inputs) to neutral (ie there has to be a frame where you press no direction), then you can hold away again for the kunai and get another SDI input to help you get away even faster. Naruto's fthrow is pretty free tho (as a Falcon main that plays against a Naruto all of the time, I know how annoying that throw is), but getting this double SDI input (and if you have cstick buttons or something, use those at the same time to double your SDI distance).

Even if this double SDI doesn't save you from a followup, at the very least you get closer to the edge with each throw and your percent will be lower by the time you get there. :pikachu:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Godot wrote:
Fun fact: All throws in SSF2 can be Smash DI'd

That is very interesting, didn't know that.

Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:53 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next