The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Moderator

Maximilian let out a quick sigh upon seeing his column of water hit its mark, if anything he was glad this was the most he really had to do at the moment. But his moment of relaxation was quickly interrupted by Evelyn's call to action:

"Get it while it's down!!"

Once more Maximilian began to ponder just what exactly he should or even could do in this situation where all his comrades were hastily charging at the beast. Throwing more water wouldn't do much unless his theory of accelerating or deaccelerating water to a boiling point or freezing point was true, at least if that much was true he could burn or freeze the beast from a safe distance... Though from where he stood the chances of hitting his allies with such an attack would probably prove to be the largest problem.

"I'll watch, I'll just be support." Maximilian thought to himself as he prepared for the worst.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
"Sure, whatever," replied a sullen August. Though he was unsure as to why, the boy had the distinct impression that his elder had emerged the victor of their verbal joust. More than likely it had something to do with the knife that had whizzed by his head a moment ago, punctuating the conversion with a distasteful note.

Eager to put the defeat behind him, he brushed passed Adi and made for the staircase before realizing that he had not the foggiest clue as to where he was going. He had no desire to lose face again, so instead of admitting it he turned and called impatiently: 
"You coming, geezer?"

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Geezer huh? He really felt old now. But then again he could roll with the punch. There was no need to give Krol the satisfaction of knowing that the name bothered him in the slightest.

"Hold up young 'un" he said in his deadpan manner, "This geezer can't move too fast so go on ahead. I'll follow you."

He exaggerated his slow walk, hunched over as if he was an old man. From Arclight, he'd normally go down Mackenzie before hitting Ericson street and moving through Longview to reach the Mystorium. On the way he would call junior Douglas to see if they could meet up along the way if his junior was finished.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Mr. Turner told his story with a great deal of detail. The information was very valuable to the group as it was now obvious that it was something spiritual. As long as this information linked up to what the others found at the scrapyard, they could prepare for an outing later that night.

"Thank you very much. That was very informative. Thank you for your time," Li left Mr. Turner with just before heading back for the Academy.

As he made it back to Arclight Academy, he found the rest of his group entering the school gates. "Hey guys, I got a lot of information from Mr. Turner. Let's head back to the room and I'll tell you what I learned," he suggested to them

Dom's first mission wasn't exactly what he expected, but it sure was something different. He expected a bit more excitement, but that could wait for another time. When they arrived back to school, he wasn't sure what to do next, should they talk about what they found or rest for the night. Before he could suggest anything, Li arrived back telling them he managed to talk to Mr. Turner. Without much else to add, Dom nodded in agreement to head back and discuss his story.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus loved her first "mission" if you could call it that. When she arived at the school' she traveled down the halls to her room. She walked in and glanced around the room. Her stuff was still packed up and on her bed. She began to open the suitcases and unpack. She opened the various bag grabbing black and white clothes and other black and white items. She then proceded to put her personal tiger striped bedding on the other bed. Lotus glanced over at Fiona's bed and wondered for a brief second where fiona was.The she walk ,more like stumbled, over to the washroom and began to get ready for a night of sleep.
As she did this Dot "spawned over by Fiona's bed and Dot began to make a nest in the corner of the room.
When Dot finally complete this she curled up and began to nap.
By this time Lotus had finished and stumbled over to her bed and crawled into it for a good night sleep.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
((Lost internet for a couple of days, couldn't post))

Johnathan took several uneasy breaths and swallowed hard. That made two times today alone he had escaped a close shave, possibly. He slowly stood up, a bit shaken, dusted himself off and looked at his clothes. He mumbled under his breath about his uniform that had been torn. He could have used Arx and easily taken it down. But he was frozen with fear. Those eyes had paralyzed him. He looked up to see what was going on now. He had yet another person to thank. Johnathan pulled himself together, took a deep breath and charged at his target. He stabbed his billhook full force at the foe, attempting to stab it in it's side.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:05 pm
Site Admin

Ericson Street >

Each blow fell upon the beast consecutively as it struggled to regain its composure. Eventually there was the sound of a loud and solid snap, something very strong had broken. The skeletal demon growled emitting a wave of intense heat that caused the group to back away from its sides, and then just as suddenly it simply fell apart. Bone by bone it collapsed to the ground, until all that remained was a pile of bones that promptly erupted into a plume of black smoke, leaving only a pile of ash smelling of sulphur and brimstone.

Evelyn landed lightly on the ground, the heels of her shoes clicking as she did, and walked over to Johnny with a sour expression "Tell me, how is it that one can be so reckless within less than a half an hour?" she raised her hand not wanting to hear an answer "Save it! Let's go home," she said while turning on her heels and exited the alleyway. Evelyn stopped, mildly surprised upon leaving the alleyway as she saw Adi and August walking down the sidewalk towards them.

"Hey" she called out to them "Fancy meeting you here"

Alice's Group

Y'all need to talk, Li has stuff to tell you.

Sanctuary

Feel free to make your post.

Daniel

Magic system is a'coming. Lore takes a while to write.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan expected nothing less of Evelyn regarding that comment. He raised an eyebrow but his mouth didn't move at all. His face was expressionless. If he had said something it would probably be along the lines of something cliche, like: "Man, you're worse than my mother." Or even, "Love you too." In a sarcastic voice. It would be best to just leave it. But, she was right. He had jeopardized his life twice. Next time he won't be so lucky. What else was he supposed to do? Just sit back and do nothing? Perhaps he needed to act suave like everyone else. Exiting the alley, Johnathan took sight of Adi and August. He made a small sigh and continued walking towards them.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus started to wake when she heard a un familar voice. "Hey get up, your going to be late." said the voice. Lotus sat up and rubbed her eyes. Lotus looked around the room there wasn't a single person in the room. "Hey come on GET UP!!!" as the voice said this, Dot jumped on Lotus.
"Get down you dub tiger!" Lotus yelled as she shoved Dot.
"Who are you calling dumb?" asked the voice.Then Lotus realized the voice was coming from DOT!
"You can talk!" Lotus screamed with surprise.
"Not really your more hearing my thoughts." Dot said as she jumped down and sat on the floor.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Well....It's hard to explain. Come on, your going to be late for the meeting with that one kid. um.. Li was it?"
With that Lotus got up and proceeded to get dressed the whole time chatting Dot's ears off. Dot just sat there a responded with her soft kind voice. Dot's voice reminded Lotus of her mother's. Lotus began to leave, as she did Dot faded from existance. Lotus sprinted to the club room, since running was against the rules. When she got to the room, she pulled out a chair and sat down awaiting the others.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 pm

With the beast vanquished, Logan turned to the others. All five of them had somehow managed to bring down the beast before someone got hurt, but only just. He glanced at Jonathan, looking at the ripped sleeves of his uniform. He tried to give a scornful glare, but he couldn't pull it off. Instead, he spoke.
"From now on, we all carry holy water at all times." he said, then looked at Maximillian. "Especially you. That ability could be a lifesaver."
With that, the group began the return trip to Arclight Academy. However, it wasn't long before they ran into Adi. Evelyn immediately went to greet him, but Logan wasn't quite as enthusiastic. He ruffled his hair anxiously, preparing himself for a lecture.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Just as he had crossed the road near Pastry Palace did he spot junior Douglas and his group emerging from a nearby alleyway. The marks of battle were on them. Junior Rickheight's torn sleeve was the most obvious giveaway. He turned to dismiss Krol first as St. Augustine ran up to him to greet like the overeager schoolgirl she was. Grasping the boy's shoulders and turning him up Gardener Street he spoke,

"The hospital is up the street junior Krol, you'd have to be blind to miss it. Get that hand checked out, dismissed."

"Hey," St. Augustine called out to them, "Fancy meeting you here."

"I suppose it is suitably fancy," Adi replied feigning mild confusion.

As the juniors gathered around him, he quickly took a look around the general area. There wasn't as much as a single sign of the disturbance that any mundane could consider out of the ordinary. Well that was one thing that went well.

"Good work on keeping things low key," he started before uttering something that could only make him more hated, "You are all to compile a suitable report on what you have individually gathered from the recce and submit it to me at your earliest convenience by midnight, we'll go through it all together first thing tomorrow morning before hunting our mark. All of you, except you junior Douglas, are dismissed."

He let the others walk out of ear shot before wrapping his left arm around the junior's shoulder and whispering,

"So, just between you and me, how close to 'pear-shaped' did things go? No insubordination I hope."

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:50 pm

"I'm nae gonna lie, we were almost in deep s*** there fer a minute. John acted recklessly and almost ended up as a shish kabob, though it could just as easily have been Damian. If Max hadn't kept a cool head, things almost certainly would ha'e gone completely pear-shaped. Now, though, I'm more concerned about the demons we encountered. They're becoming emboldened. One o' them even threatened to cause another incident like last year." Logan responded.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice greeted Li before returning to the room. Thankfully it didn't look like he'd encountered any trouble. "Hospitals must be freaky for someone with spiritual senses like yours," she said. "I'm actually glad mine are so dull. Anyway, what have you got for us Li?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:06 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Wow, Damian thought to himself. For once he hadn't messed up the most. He still made a stupid decision though so he imagined the others would still punish him in some manner. As of now he was more annoyed by the report he had to do. "Ugh, I f*** hate reports" He mumbled lowly to himself, he was sure he would end up submitting trash with writing on it.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 pm

The concerns that junior Douglas relayed to him were a bit of a surprise. Increasing demonic and unwanted spiritual encounters were going to be troubling for the rebuilding DAC. As for the report on the juniors, Adi filed away the comments on the juniors' performance for later.

"Rest assured junior Douglas, I will bring this to the attention of Senior Pearson and Dr. Dawn," he replied, "Good work now go get some rest. Dismissed."

Adi walked the rest of the way back to the club room in silence. He found senior Pearson, Li and Tiger Girl junior Acula, already there when he entered. No doubt they had just finished their recce as well. Since it looked like they were still busy Adi moved silently and waited for them to finish.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 am
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 98  Next