The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Flash of Shadows Speculation 

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
If they wanted a cool name for Flash of Shadows, why wouldn't they have thought of...wait for it...

Crusade of Genesis
Rift of Eternity
Degeneration of Shadows
Vindictive Shadows
Eternal Nothingness
Brawl for the New Generation
Shadows of Fate
Struggle over the Dimension
Clash of Damnation
Degradation of Fighters

...just to name a few...speculative names.
(DO NOT STEAL!)

Other than that, I speculate it would use some sort of in-game text that can be skipped using the Pause Key, and the Normal Attack Key can be used to skip through the word exchange. I also speculate Bonus Areas, Easter Eggs, the works.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Rift of the Nova wrote:
If they wanted a cool name for Flash of Shadows, why wouldn't they have thought of...wait for it...

Crusade of Genesis
Rift of Eternity
Degeneration of Shadows
Vindictive Shadows
Eternal Nothingness
Shadows of Fate
Clash of Damnation
Degradation of Fighters

(DO NOT STEAL!)

Rift of the Nova wrote:
Crusade of Genesis

Rift of the Nova wrote:
Crusade

:sweat: Things would get a little awkward if we used that.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Saikyoshi wrote:
Rift of the Nova wrote:

Crusade of Genesis
Rift of Eternity
Degeneration of Shadows
Vindictive Shadows
Eternal Nothingness
Shadows of Fate
Clash of Damnation
Degradation of Fighters

(DO NOT STEAL!)

Rift of the Nova wrote:
Crusade of Genesis

Rift of the Nova wrote:
Crusade

:sweat: Things would get a little awkward if we used that.

:xd: I see what you mean there.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 am

Do you think there is a reason why there are no playable villians so far?

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:40 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
Ed415 wrote:

I don't know. here would be a list i want:
Ganon (not a clone pls)
Bowser
Ridley
Dark Samus(not a clone pls)
i'll think of more later.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Final Fantasy 5
warriorman222 wrote:
Ed415 wrote:

I don't know. here would be a list i want:
Ganon (not a clone pls)
Bowser
Ridley
Dark Samus(not a clone pls)
i'll think of more later.

Do you want these villains as bosses in Story Mode, or as playable characters? If the latter, than you should prooooobably post that in a different thread.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Does anyone think Story Mode will still be a thing for SSF2? I really hope it still will be. Also, should Story Moe re-use Brawl's method of using this mode to unlock every playable character in the game?

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:14 am

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Way to bump a two year old thread. More importantly, is F.O.S. even still possible or did they scrap the idea?

ImageImageImage

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Way to bump a two year old thread. More importantly, is F.O.S. even still possible or did they scrap the idea?

Gee. thanks. :roll: Seriously, is everyone THAT bothered by me bumping this thread? :( I mean, sheesh... :hmph: Anyways, if my memory serves me correctly, SSF2 will still have a Story Mode, but the F.O.S. story has totally scrapped. That being said, I think they said a completely new story is in development. Or maybe it's finished....

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Why was something dead bumped.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:50 am
BR Member

Well, since it's here anyway, we might as well get back on topic.

If Story Mode's coming at all, it won't be for a long time. Doubtless the devs are focused on other things first.
I'm not discounting it entirely, though. It depends on exactly how much of a leap forward in progress Beta is.
If Beta adds most of the modes that will be in the final version, it's a possibility. But if there's still plenty left to go, then it probably wouldn't show up until the turn of the decade at the earliest. And I think the devs would be long tired of the project by then. Everyone has their limits, so let's not test them.

I do still want to know what the original FoS plans were, though. I know a summary of the first half was posted on the old wiki, but the second half was always kept under wraps and is presumably lost unless one of the devs from back then still has a copy.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:17 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:

If Story Mode's coming at all, it won't be for a long time. Doubtless the devs are focused on other things first.
I'm not discounting it entirely, though. It depends on exactly how much of a leap forward in progress Beta is.
If Beta adds most of the modes that will be in the final version, it's a possibility. But if there's still plenty left to go, then it probably wouldn't show up until the turn of the decade at the earliest. And I think the devs would be long tired of the project by then. Everyone has their limits, so let's not test them.

I do still want to know what the original FoS plans were, though. I know a summary of the first half was posted on the old wiki, but the second half was always kept under wraps and is presumably lost unless one of the devs from back then still has a copy.

Again, sorry for bumping this thread like I did, guys. Anyways, do you really think it'll be THAT long before we get Story Mode? Then again, there's been no word on SSF2's version of Adventure Mode, which is reportedly supposed to be WAY more expansive than Melee, so...

BTW, I would hope the devs release the second half of the F.O.S. I mean, they were the ones who claimed that they're no longer using that story, so would it really harm anyone if they showed it to us now?

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:39 pm
BR Member

dragonballhero wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

Again, sorry for bumping this thread like I did, guys. Anyways, do you really think it'll be THAT long before we get Story Mode? Then again, there's been no word on SSF2's version of Adventure Mode, which is reportedly supposed to be WAY more expansive than Melee, so...

BTW, I would hope the devs release the second half of the F.O.S. I mean, they were the ones who claimed that they're no longer using that story, so would it really harm anyone if they showed it to us now?

The time spanning from v0.9b to Beta has been two years and counting, and it stands to reason that the leap from Beta to v1.0 will add more than the leap from v0.9b to Beta. That leaves a 2018 release as a light estimate. And that's without a story mode.
The Subspace Emissary is where the majority of Brawl's development time and data went. Because the whole point of FoS is to be similar to the SSE, I can easily see it adding an extra year or two to the development time, bringing it to 2020.
That's not the ideal, obviously, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:44 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
I honestly hope that we get at least a preview of Flash of Shadows for Beta if it does stick around
Whether it be a Teaser, a Demo (Probably a Point A to Point B adventure of the Mario Stage, with most of the alternate routes locked up one way or another) or even just saying "Hey, it's still around!"
I'd love to see Flash of Shadows make a comeback.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Harr Turnpike wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

The time spanning from v0.9b to Beta has been two years and counting, and it stands to reason that the leap from Beta to v1.0 will add more than the leap from v0.9b to Beta. That leaves a 2018 release as a light estimate. And that's without a story mode.
The Subspace Emissary is where the majority of Brawl's development time and data went. Because the whole point of FoS is to be similar to the SSE, I can easily see it adding an extra year or two to the development time, bringing it to 2020.
That's not the ideal, obviously, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

Ugh...you might have a point there...and as I've said, the devs supposedly intend to add Adventure Mode (Melee-style) to SSF2 as well, and I don't even want to imagine how long THAT will take. Still, do any of you wonder what the new story will be about? Personally, I can't help but wonder if nature has something to do with it. I mean, looking at FD alone, I know I'm REALLY grasping at straws here, but still...

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:43 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next