The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 am

[ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next
Basic/Small Time request topic (ALL Small stuff goes here) 

I don't know maybe like SSF2's Ness's kind of shading? Something suitable for a small sprite like this? I don't know much about shading styles.

ScottPilgrimSexBob-Omb wrote:
I just wanted to thank You... This is a great expansion by the way but You are the one who truly inspired me to join this forum and make my own expansion so just saying thanks

<Na>Suliboy wrote:
Alright, so to get straight to the point.
You're good at movesets.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:11 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
ShadowHunter wrote:
I don't know maybe like SSF2's Ness's kind of shading? Something suitable for a small sprite like this? I don't know much about shading styles.

[ Image ]

The shading is already like Ness more or less. You may want to make the shoes less flat though, and give him a darker outline (without using selective outlining). I can reshade the balloons for you if you want though.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 am

Damian wrote:
The shading is already like Ness more or less. You may want to make the shoes less flat though, and give him a darker outline (without using selective outlining). I can reshade the balloons for you if you want though.
Is it shaded properly in that style though? People were complaining about the shading of that sprite. Also, what do you mean by selective outlining?

I would appreciate you reshading the balloons though, thank you.

I just wanted to thank You... This is a great expansion by the way but You are the one who truly inspired me to join this forum and make my own expansion so just saying thanks

<Na>Suliboy wrote:
You're good at movesets.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:51 pm
Site Moderator

ShadowHunter wrote:
Damian wrote:
Is it shaded properly in that style though? People were complaining about the shading of that sprite. Also, what do you mean by selective outlining?

I would appreciate you reshading the balloons though, thank you.

Selective outlining is a style wherin the outline is basically used as 'another shade'. Some parts of the outline are shaded lighter for a better effect, check out Pokémon style.

JUS has no selective outlining, since they make use of black outlines (mostly) for a drawn effect (the game being based upon several mangas and all).

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:55 pm

So do you want the outline to have just one shade of blue for helmet, one shade of red for overalls, and ect. or do you want the entire sprite to have just one color for the outline?

<Na>Suliboy wrote:
You're good at movesets.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 pm
Site Moderator

ShadowHunter wrote:
So do you want the outline to have just one shade of blue for helmet, one shade of red for overalls, and ect. or do you want the entire sprite to have just one color for the outline?

If you're going for pure JUS: Use a black outline for everything.

If you're going for Brawlfied JUS (like SSF2 Ness): Use a one colour for every outline (one outline for the helmet, one outline for the clothes), make sure that there is some contrast between the darkest shade of the pallet and the outline.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Hey, guys. I've got a big sounding request here that's actually just a single sprite. Just takes a lot of explanation.

Me and my friend JesseRoo have started revamping an old game we were working on so that it would go for a more original approach. (Because originality is always better.) Since the game stars a character who is more or less exactly me, I thought I should use a few aspects from my life in order to characterbuild and worldbuild the game. So, this is one of the characters that I need spriting for...

Image (And yes, I drew this.)

This little guy was my hermit crab that I had when I was little until his demise. I thought as a really weird plot point that he could somehow end up in the game's world after his death. (Which never really gets explained.)
Anyway, I understand that this reference pic doesn't have color, and it's a bit hard to color when it's in a digital format such as this, so I'll tell you the coloring. Try to follow along. If you need me to get into more specifics, please say so.

*Shell: Blue
*Circles on his shell: Grey for the outer rim, Yellow for the inside
*Skin & Claw(s): Pale, almost skin colored

Those are the colors that you should use when the time for coloring comes.

As for the style, I'd like him to be in JUS or Brawlified JUS style, sort of similar to what Geno, ClashX, & ZI do. (Not that any of them have to make it, I'm just comparing styles.) And as for the size, I'd like it about this big: (Comparing it to Tucker for my own reasons.)

The tip of his shell can go a little bit over that, if you want. I understand that it's a little small and the biggest part of him will probably be his shell, so it's OK if it exceeds a little bit over the size boundary.

If you'd like, you can also use this as reference, since it's the most similar thing that has been sprited that is anything close to what he looks like:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/sheet/35173

Anyways, that's about it. Single sprite, JUS or Brawlified JUS style, hermit crab, you get it. Though I only need one, I may also need more for poses, but that's for another time. (I think I can manage to edit whatever you make into a sheet.) For the final game, you'll get credit in the spriting section. If you'd like to help in any other way, you can contact me through my section in the spriter's corner.

So, think you can do that for me?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:14 pm

YoshiEgg wrote:
Hey, guys. I've got a big sounding request here that's actually just a single sprite. Just takes a lot of explanation.

Me and my friend JesseRoo have started revamping an old game we were working on so that it would go for a more original approach. (Because originality is always better.) Since the game stars a character who is more or less exactly me, I thought I should use a few aspects from my life in order to characterbuild and worldbuild the game. So, this is one of the characters that I need spriting for...

[ Image ] (And yes, I drew this.)

This little guy was my hermit crab that I had when I was little until his demise. I thought as a really weird plot point that he could somehow end up in the game's world after his death. (Which never really gets explained.)
Anyway, I understand that this reference pic doesn't have color, and it's a bit hard to color when it's in a digital format such as this, so I'll tell you the coloring. Try to follow along. If you need me to get into more specifics, please say so.

As for the style, I'd like him to be in JUS or Brawlified JUS style, sort of similar to what Geno, ClashX, & ZI do. (Not that any of them have to make it, I'm just comparing styles.) And as for the size, I'd like it about this big: (Comparing it to Tucker for my own reasons.)

[ Image ]

The tip of his shell can go a little bit over that, if you want. I understand that it's a little small and the biggest part of him will probably be his shell, so it's OK if it exceeds a little bit over the size boundary.

If you'd like, you can also use this as reference, since it's the most similar thing that has been sprited that is anything close to what he looks like:

Anyways, that's about it. Single sprite, JUS or Brawlified JUS style, hermit crab, you get it. Though I only need one, I may also need more for poses, but that's for another time. (I think I can manage to edit whatever you make into a sheet.) For the final game, you'll get credit in the spriting section. If you'd like to help in any other way, you can contact me through my section in the spriter's corner.

Why not this as a base? Similar.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Blitzamirin wrote:
YoshiEgg wrote:

[ Image ]

Why not this as a base? Similar.

True.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:39 pm

i need someone to sheet this guy on those templates just draw the hair and recolor the clothes basicly http://img338.imageshack.us/i/xcorsheet.png

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:51 pm

YoshiEgg wrote:

[ Image ]

will this help http://img72.imageshack.us/i/crabthing.png

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Took a peek at the crab, looks ok, just the colors look kinda dull... maybe, a little better shading perhaps?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:03 am

Trunks wrote:
YoshiEgg wrote:

[ Image ]

will this help http://img72.imageshack.us/i/crabthing.png

It's pretty decent, but it's just not really in the style I specified. And yeah, the colors are a little dull. Sorry. Thanks for the effort, though!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:44 pm

darkwaluigi72 wrote:
Took a peek at the crab, looks ok, just the colors look kinda dull... maybe, a little better shading perhaps?

The crab is from BiS (Bowser's Inside Story).

It's not edited.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Blitzamirin wrote:
darkwaluigi72 wrote:

The crab is from BiS (Bowser's Inside Story).

It's not edited.

I think he's talking about the custom sprite.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:47 pm
 [ 649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next