The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:41 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Waifu: I'm married
Daniel had a few seconds to contemplate the girl's words before he detected two spheres of some sort of light energy flying towards them. "Keep going!" He yelled as he ran into the path of the one headed for Tsubaki. With the glass shield in hand, he moved to block the wisp while the other one went past him. The Vitri was curious to see what effect reflective glass would have on the light.

Alice ducked under the roundhouse kick and felt something grab her shoulder. Quickly she reached up and grabbed Lotus's hand and performed a judo throw over her back, using the girl's own momentum to send her flying towards Lloyd. Surely Lotus wouldn't attack without her tiger, Alice thought, and surely enough she felt it biting down on her heel. It hurt like hell but an arrow to the face solved that problem. The pain began to subside while Alice climbed the first few steps of the tower and began raining arrows down like a storm upon her opponents.

Phora sighed. "You're such a pest!" She shouted at Grayson, who refused to be scathed by her attacks. Likewise she avoided the creatures talons once more. This could go on forever. While she didn't mind dragging this out until Lloyd was exhausted, it would probably be better for her to finish things quickly, so she waited until the enemy got close and lashed out with her claws towards Graysons throat. Afterwards she flew backwards, away from the griffon, and unleashed a wave of poisonous dust.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:22 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus after being flipped landed with a loud thud. Dot released Alice and leapt back to avoid the arrow. Lotus stood as Dot walked next to her. Lotus began walking towards Alice. Lotus realized she needed to think her attacks through.Lotus easy dodged the bolts with an almost terrifying cat-like agility. She then caught the final bolt fired. Lotus took a deep breathe before snapping the bolt in half. Lotus glared at Alice as she slowly advance to the upperclassmen. Lotus tossed the broken arrow aside. Dot slowly began to walk in front on Lotus before the tiger flashed a fiendish smile in Alice's direction before vanishing in thin air. Lotus kept marching on. Staring Alice down. Then stance Lotus carried herself with would have even scared herself.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Of course it was Evelyn, Tsubaki though as Daniel shielded her. Luckily with Daniel's earlier warning Tsubaki made sure not to lose focus this time and continued running in her large circle, going as fast as her little legs would take her. If she could complete the outer circle she had a good chance to complete the whole thing, such was the perks of the Libarae's sigils. They aren't supposed to be drawn a certain way, just the guidelines are set and the rest is pure feeling, and with all the twists and swirls to form Vis, and doing so at such a large scale, in just a short amount of time Tsubaki's movement's would become nigh unpredictable.

-

Derrek at this point had went back to sleep, no one could say he hadn't tried, and his power had rather exhausted him.

OoC: I think Evelyn's about to have a bad time Kiki, she's about to have Dom and Johnny to deal with too. W00T red team!

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:48 pm
Site Moderator

"Damian! Use your lightning!"

"Is she daft?" Maximilian muttered to himself before building distance between himself and the tower. Lighting around water was one thing, but if Damian himself was wet there's no telling what could happen. The boy could have been frying himself from the inside out at this very moment, the very thought sent a shiver down his spine and he sure as hell didn't want to be electrocuted as well.

Shaking as much water as he possibly could from his drenched body, Maximilian inhaled deeply once more as he began the delicate process of freezing the water that had begun to lightly flood the area. It started slowly this time, much slower than when less water was involved, but just as before once the process started the sub zero temperatures which emanated from the ice he created took over immediately and caused a chain-freezing-reaction. Ice spread across the ground, up the tower's side, and onto just about anything that had been caught in the still active artificial rain storm. Ice sheets four to five centimeters thick covered the ground in varying densities in a huge radius about the tower and anyone who had been rained on was now lightly covered in ice as well. From The Gardens of Aplus to just beyond the walls of Apollon, if anyone was interested in fighting outdoors they would now be fighting on an incredibly on even ice rink which continued to grow larger as the rushing water of the geyser was only just now beginning to die down.

Maximilian quickly huddled his body together for warm as he uneasily slid across his own ice to safety. The whole idea seemed a tad reckless, especially since he was unable to avoid freezing himself to the bone. Nevertheless he hoped his small bit of intervention would instate the Griffon's superiority in combat and keep his opponents off the field. Letting out a long 'brrrrrrrr' he tried as hard as he could to shake as many of the ice chips he created off his clothes and skin as he could. He wanted nothing more than to just throw his clothes off to the side and hide in a dingy hut somewhere in the city until the ice had melted and his skin had stopped burning, but the whole thing seemed hardly appropriate and if anyone had found him doing such a thing it would be a hell of a thing to explain. So instead he stayed just on the edge of his ice rink to watch the battle continue, at least until he was a little warmer.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian was free, the tiger had released his grip. He was shivering as well, he laid on ice now and was covered in ice. He sat up quick to take a look at his surroundings, It seemed the fairy and griffin were at a stalemate. Meanwhile, Lotus was after Alice and in all reality she looked as if she intended to kill her. Damian was sure the upperclassmen would handle herself as she only has to deal with Lloyd, Lotus, and the tiger should it show up. He strongly considered abandoning defense as he'd done a terrible job thus far. He wasn't sure how his team was doing offensively but he figured they were doing far better than the opponents. As much as he wished to go try some offense, it wouldn't look great on his part to leave Alice on her own. With that thought in mind, he managed to rise to his feet and fire a bolt at Lotus. "Damn cat chick and her tiger." He mumbled.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:40 am
Site Admin

OOC: I should have stacked the teams >_>

The pain continued to build within Johnny until he could bear it no longer. Suddenly, rusted and bloody chains erupted from the ground. They immediately coiled around the boy's wrists, ankles, and throat, suspending him in the air. His vision blurred switching between the alleyway of Appollon and a hellish room smelling of sulphur. He saw a man dressed in a black suit with clawed hands and wearing a mask with twisted ram's horns. The only part of its face that could be seen were its primal eyes, tinged a bright orange that peered down at him menacingly. Now he knew why this pained seemed so familiar, it was the pain he had been forced to ensure while he was being tortured in his dreams.

Johnny struggled against his restraints, while the burning of his sigil continued to get hotter and hotter. He felt like he was going to explode.

--------------------------------------------------

The spheres of light bounced off of the glass shield flying wildly to either side. Evelyn's eyes narrowed as she looked down at Daniel and Tsubaki, she didn't like what they were up to. Even if she didn't know what it was.

And then it hit.

Evelyn, and Li were the first to sense it, then Damian and Daniel, followed by Alice and Maximilian. Until soon every one of them could sense it. A powerful eruption of crimson spiritual energy rocked through the city. It was human, yet not quite, as if something belonging to it was lacking. The energy wave was neutralized, for it had no effect on anyone, simply passing through them.

Evelyn looked down below at Daniel and Tsubaki, with a questioning expression. Was this what they had been planning?

"Are you guys alright?"she asked, though keeping up her guard in the event that this was a trap.

-----------------------------------------------

Johnny sat on the ground surrounded by a ring of charred earth. He wasn't quite sure what had happened. He heard footsteps approaching but he was too tired to get up.

"This is why we had this exercise today," she said while extending a hand to the boy and helping him up, "We stopped the corruption to your soul but the damage already done could not be repaired. As a result, it appears that your abilities have mutated. I believe that you can now manifest energy, at this point in time, you may only release waves of energy, like you did just now, however, should you hone this ability, I believe you'll be able to do much more. However, conversely, the more you use of your energy abilities, the less you'll be able to use your Arte. At least, that is my hypothesis. Typically a trained disciple of an Arte never gets possessed in the manner you do and lives."

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li knew there wasn't much he could do avoid Li's tackle. It was about time he let the kid take the win. Bracing for impact, he was hit by something else sooner than expected. It felt strange, very out of place and unfamiliar, yet familiar at the same time. Li took a moment to think about what he felt, unsure what really was before feeling the second impact, Logan. The first wave didn't seem to have an effect on Li, but the second, that stung. The pain from the gunshot mixed with the young boy's body flying through the air was not a good combination. Thankfully this was only a training exercise, otherwise he would have been done for.

Lying on the ground with Logan on top of him, Li let out the few words he could before going silent. "Alright, I'm done, you win." Hopefully with that, he could take a moment and think about what sort of energy just passed through him.

Dom was feeling confident his team was going to win with Johnny carrying the flag. That was how he feeling up until what he saw next. As the chains shot up from the ground, Dom jumped back, thinking his day couldn't get any worse now. Unsure what to do next, Dom, like usual, acted upon instinct. He starting blasting the chains with blasts of wind, hoping to somehow looses them up. At this point, he forgot about the flag altogether.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Lloyd dodged Lotus's incoming body with ease. He didn't know the current situation of either flags right now, but hoped some progress was at being made. After Alice climbed a few stairs and started raining down arrows, the upperclassman moved to the edge inside the tower while Lotus and Dot was giving her a rather ferocious glare. He was starting to be glad she was on his team. When he got to the stairs, he reached out to grab and yank Alice's leg, hoping she wouldn't notice due to Lotus's glare. 

The griffin gave a look that said "So are you!" Before dodging Phora's attack, afterward the pixie moved backwards and sent a cloud of poisonous gas straight at Grayson. Not wanting to create another tornado like last time, he dived down to avoid the gas and shot up behind the pixie and turned it's body in an attempt to hit it into the tower with it's wing. 

-----

"Thanks." Johnny said quietly as he accepted her extended hand and got up, avoiding her eyes. As she explained what had just occurred and how his abilities mutated, which Johnathan had mixed feelings that he didn't feel like sorting through right now, but the Notatorum was fixated on the last detail. Others hadn't survived? That would bring his close encounters with death up to three. Or four if you counted the Mystorium recon mission encounter as one. 

However he also realized something else. "Well where's Carter? Is he alright? Did he survive?" He asked in a frantic tone, which he hoped wasn't deterred by the gusts of wind that Dom had summoned in an attempt to loosen his chains. If he had to stay hospitalized for a whole weekend, he wondered how Carter fared, since it was doubtful he had the same treatment as Johnny. 

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Logan quickly straddled Li, giving his opponent no opportunity to recover. Not that he would be able to with his "wound".
"Alright, I'm done, you win." The upperclassman conceded, but Logan wasn't finished.
"Sorry, but I cannae let ye off just yet. Have to make sure ye wilnae be gettin' up again." Logan summoned his rifle again and pressed the end of the barrel against Li's temple. He c*** back the hammer and squeezed the trigger. Click.
"Huh, whadya know. All out o' bullets." The Scot shrugged, standing to his feet and dissipating his weapon.
"Good match." He continued. "But if ye'll excuse me, I have a game o' capture the flag to win." With that, he turned and made for the tower. He didn't get very far before he felt a strange energy. There was a certain undefinable characteristic about it, something that made it seem out of place. He stopped in his tracks, wondering if perhaps he wasn't the only one who could sense it. Uncertain of what to do, or what effects this would have on the game, he simply stayed put.

Last edited by Shrapnel on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice grinned wildly at Lotus. Her ferocity was unmatched by the other students, and it was one thing that made Lotus her favorite. "Did I make you angry again?" She taunted. "You know what they say, don't hate the player-" She was interrupted by Lloyd pulling her leg. "Whoah!" Alice landed on top of Lloyd in a very compromising position. The senior locked eyes with him for a moment, before her spiritual senses distracted her. Immediately she put her finger up to Lloyd's lips. "Something is happening. We need to stop."

Phora latched onto the griffons neck with her claws, riding it as it slammed into the tower. "Easy boy!" The bored totem said, now intent on "taming" the other totem. Still holding the flag, she poked the creature with it and demanded to be taken to Alice.

The bizarre energy wave passed through Daniel's body to no apparent effect. Whatever that was, it scared the hell out of Daniel. Eyeing Evelyn suspiciously, he brought the shield up once again. "I'm fine," He said. "Unfortunately for you. What did you just do?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm
YIM WWW

Unfortantly for Tsubaki the wave of energy that hit lasted longer on her than the others, since in some way her spirit ribbons were still part of her, however it had no immeadiate effect, it appeared. All three of the children in the Plaza were wearing expressions of surprise, so Tsubaki assumed it wasn't any of them that did it. Daniel, and the other hand, seemed to think Evelyn was behind it.

"I don't think it was her." She said in a low voice before calling up to Evelyn in a voice that was loud, for Tsubaki. "Evelyn, I don't think that was part of the game. Can you fly around and do... ah... r-recon?"

As a token of good faith Tsubaki disbanded her ribbons once again, after all Tsubaki could also feel that they were reaching their limit now the moment of fight or flight was over. Vis would have to wait for another day, also, be normal sized.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:11 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus feel over laughing at the position Alice was in dodging the bolt in the process. The pulse didn't really has and effect on her she almost didn't care about it. She stood wiping tears from her face. She jumped off the ledge landing safely on her feet in a feline manner to avoid hurting herself. She the walked over to Alice.
" Well well...look at the cute couple." she chuckled

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm
Site Moderator

The odd burst of energy immediately brought Maximilian out of his curled position on the side of the street and to his feet. The energy only lasted for a short while, had the boy's mind not been on other things the feeling it had momentarily left his senses with might have actually registered with his brain, but alas he had been far too invested in thinking about his current damp situation.

"Wonder if Evelyn is alright." He began muttering once more as he turned his attention towards what he could only assume was the source.

If that energy had denoted some other worldly being's entrance to Apollon, or perhaps something far more sinister the impact on Evelyn could have been severe, after all, she was rather close that general area when they split apart for the second time. The idea seemed crazy, especially since they were still technically inside the school, right? Nevertheless Maximilian sprinted for the center of the city but stopped short once had sighted a few of his class mates casually hanging about. He thought for a moment that it might be a decent idea to join them and question them on the odd happenings, but instead Maximilian opted to take cover behind a nearby building and watch from a good distance.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Lloyd had also locked eyes with Alice. Other than the slight smile he had, his face was unreadable. In the midst of battle he hadn't noticed how beautiful she was and forgot about the flag and the game for a couple moments. It wasn't his intent to end up in this position, but...
Lloyd was going to say something until Alice brought a finger to his lips and mentioned the strange yet powerful wave of energy he felt earlier. It was weird yet lacking and utterly random. She was right, they had to stop dueling and get back, as much as he didn't want to. This wasn't something that happened every day. 

Lloyd regrettably got his arms free, and got up while at the same time carefully helped Alice to her feet also. He would do the alternative and extend his hand to her but he was still suspicious that she would turn and flip him. 

"I think this is a draw for now, but we should head back." He said while shortly after Lotus came up and jokingly called them a couple to which the upperclassman simply laughed off and started towards the entrance of the tower. 

The griffin let out a cry in response to being jabbed with the flag. He wasn't going to be controlled by anyone but Lloyd, especially by another totem. However he had to get back to his master. Which in return would he essentially be doing Phora's request. Torn between his pride and his wanting to get back, the griffin swatted with it's wing again to get Phora off and swooped down towards the entrance. 

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 am

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Despite the energy wave seemingly ending the game, Damian didn't seem to care much. He only looked over at Alice, Lloyd, and Lotus. It was clear the fighting had stopped. Though he should have gone to find the source which he figured the others would do, he only sat down and brought his knees up to his chest. His heart was still racing from his rage and it was cold of course. He felt he needed to calm down before he went anywhere. Even then, Damian felt he didn't want to move or see anyone. He was sure he would just sit there until they were back in the s****.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:35 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 98  Next