The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
SSF2 Beta Nitpick Theater 

MGN Username: Popcioslav
Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
Waifu: Sandbag
SSF2 Beta has come and I need to admit, it's really amazing. Devs really outdid themselves this time and it shows.
That being said, we wouldn't be humans if we didn't nitpick from time to time. This place isn't for bug reports or legitimate complaints.
These are just nitpicks, little things that annoy your nitty gritty, devs probably shouldn't care about them, but we do
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SSF2 Desktop icon
I'll be honest, when I first saw it and I was afraid I've downloaded a virus.
It's just black with pretty stretched out white lines. It's odd, because it completly nonrepresents the quality of the game.
Couldn't they just use the red "2" from the logo with flames and all?

The end of the credits
I think the slider isn't supposed to go that low? It pretty much blocks the arrow and besides that, just look at it!
It's a pitch black abyss!... At least there's some space left in credits for me : )

On the unrelated note, Pikachu's infinite/just button mashing makes it look pretty off? Or is it just me?

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:41 am

MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
they removed black mages blue robe, orange hat coloration. Ruined forever. Don't play. 1/10

reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:46 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Nitpicks and gripes, huh?
  • SSF1 Mode, while getting most of the nuances right, doesn't have the OHKO attacks that make SSF1 what it is. I'm not sure how hard it would be to recreate—it probably would be pretty hard—it just bugs me a bit.
  • Also in SSF1 Mode, some attacks are completely useless. Fox's laser has its rate of fire reduced without the benefit of any of the new physics, and Bomberman's bombs don't have any way to detonate.
  • Yoshi's Island 64 and Sand Ocean don't have anything tied to the hazard switch despite having clear elements that should be. (Hell, Yoshi's Island 64 is probably the only stage in the series with a hazard-free variant in the official games; the clouds did not appear when fighting the Yoshi Team in Classic Mode.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
squirtkipfan0 wrote:
they removed black mages blue robe, orange hat coloration. Ruined forever. Don't play. 1/10

Not just that one, there were a few other costumes they got rid of that I liked. A few that I missed were the ones for Link and Zelda/Sheik that were based off their appearances from OoT

Anyway, my main nitpick is that there are a few cases in Classic mode where a character's name gets partially obscured, as seen below:
Some are due to their long name (e.g Zero Suit Samus, or "Ero Suit Samu" as she is otherwise known) but some like "Lack Mage" above (or if he's on a team, "Black Mag") can be solved with a simple shift to the right. I imagine that they're being fixed as we speak though

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 am
BR Member

☻Danny☻ wrote:
squirtkipfan0 wrote:

Not just that one, there were a few other costumes they got rid of that I liked. A few that I missed were the ones for Link and Zelda/Sheik that were based off their appearances from OoT

Also, there are a few cases in Classic mode where a character's name gets partially obscured, as seen below:
Some are due to their long name (e.g Zero Suit Samus, or "Ero Suit Samu" as she is otherwise known) but some like "Lag Mage" above (or if he's on a team, "Black Mag") can be solved with a simple shift to the right

Those, I think, especially Ero Suit Samu and Aptain Falcon, can be easily solved by having multi-word names be on two lines.

You know, like:

"CAPTAIN
FALCON"

"ZERO SUIT
SAMUS"

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:18 am

Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
SSF1 Mode, while getting most of the nuances right, doesn't have the OHKO attacks that make SSF1 what it is.

Specifically speaking, they're usually Up Attacks or Down Airs, and they mainly OHKO when the opponent is coming towards you; the opponent must have at least a little bit of forward momentum, as it doesn't work when they're stationary. Because of this I imagine the attack simply accelerates their speed tenfold, and if that's the case I think it'll be possible to implement...somehow

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 am
BR Member

☻Danny☻ wrote:
Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
SSF1 Mode, while getting most of the nuances right, doesn't have the OHKO attacks that make SSF1 what it is.

Specifically speaking, they're usually Up Attacks or Down Airs, and they mainly OHKO when the opponent is coming towards you; the opponent must have at least a little bit of forward momentum, as it doesn't work when they're stationary. Because of this I imagine the attack simply accelerates their speed tenfold, and if that's the case I think it'll be possible to implement...somehow

Dark Ermac understands the specifics better than I do, since he's trying to make a new tier list for SSF1. I wouldn't mind if they contacted him for pointers.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
I feel Party Balls are incredibly awkward to activate, since they take like 5 hits and the thing will most likely end up flying away and activating just outside of the stage so you can't even use the items inside it.
I really hope one of the updates to Beta gives the chars cargo throw animations.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
nitpicks, eh?

the animated logo blocks the play button as the game starts, meaning for a split second you cant click start
the event pretty in pink should be an ffa, or give the player an extra stock
megaman's jab is three-quarters the size it would need to be to be really useful, and looks more like toenails than razor sharp boomerangs
"remember me" should also remember passwords
pikachu's down taunt buzzes for an extra three seconds or so

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:44 pm
BR Member

Devil's Machine really ought to be firmly on the list of Terrible Smash Bros. Stage Ideas, but the devs make it work. I think the messages that appear at the bottom are a bit much, though.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Honestly, I think Protoman's stance in Beta looks kinda... lazy, given it's a trace of a SSBWiiU Mod instead of being a revamp of his stance in the NES:
Beta. (Same size as Mega Man)
NES.
Smash Bros Wii U Model. (As he's taller than Mega Man)
Smash Bros Wii U Mod/Hack. (Same size as Mega Man)
Honestly I find this to be incredibly jarring.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:55 pm

I think Lloyd should be able to wall jump, being the agile and athletic guy that he is. His recovery isn't that great so it'd help him a little bit.

edit: I'm not sure anyone can wall jump in this game, can someone confirm? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Last edited by Vulpae on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:22 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
The intro music sounds butchered in the game while it was fine in the video.
The V0.8 intro is the only one that sounds normal.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
Haste got nerfed.

0/10 do not play.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Densetsu wrote:
Devil's Machine really ought to be firmly on the list of Terrible Smash Bros. Stage Ideas, but the devs make it work. I think the messages that appear at the bottom are a bit much, though.

I think it needs a hazard in the form of Giygas' signature incomprehensible attacks

Pochiman wrote:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:05 pm
 [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next