The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next
Tails 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
This isn't a speculation thread, but I truly am curious how Air lift will work. I'm seriously considering going to Apex just to play Tails.

Since I'm posting on a separate day, this doesn't count as a double post does it?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm
BR Member

Seems like it works like uthrow.

Makes me think about what the new uthrow will be

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:02 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
RemPrower wrote:
This isn't a speculation thread, but I truly am curious how Air lift will work. I'm seriously considering going to Apex just to play Tails.

it's completely fine to speculate about character changes here : )

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:03 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Thank you for removing side-b, i did my job. its nice that he doesn't have that over centralizing move anymore.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 am

I'm gonna miss sideb to dair/upair though. Although I'll get used to its disappearance, I see it's removal as a bunch of morons abusing an attack that could have been great by many means. But hey, why learn creativity when you can just use one attack to win everything? Oh yeah, that's Smash 4. As long as I can use the attack mid combo and am not forced to throw and that terrible angle I saw on Mcleodgaming Direct, the move will prolly be fine. But in lag, I wonder. The move is under pure speculation. I'm trying to imagine it's properties, but until I get to use it with my controller, I'm likely dreaming up combos that don't exist. One things for sure, I hope I don't have to hold an opponent that long before dropping them, that would just kill the speed of a fight.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 am
Site Admin

what combos are you imagining should be possible?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:03 am
BR Member

The exact same follow ups that the old side b does #swag

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
f*** a sideB... what's good with these downB changes.

GM

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 am
Site Admin

yall foolin

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:07 am

[TSON] wrote:
what combos are you imagining should be possible?

I can't really bring myself to speculate on this. People are saying this thing is gonna be a command grab, if it is, I wonder if it will be too powerful to be used mid combo. But that's what I'mthinkig about is its practicality in mid combo.

The only example I'm trying to imagine, since I don't want to attempt to create my own meta based on imagining this attack, I'm thinking of an extension on my jab combo, dtilts (# of dtilts increases the heavier you are) slide slightly forward to upsmash...

At this moment the combo ends because the next attack will be an awkward catch. If I attempt to extend it with the current sideb, I'll either simply clip the target, causing them to reset and thus counterattack or jump away, or I'll miss because they DIed too far back and I couldn't reach them before they could move again.

Depending on the cast speed of the air lift, and if it can be cast in the air, at the end of the aforementioned combo I can jut forward with a dash jump and quickly jut myself forward with an airlift.

What happens after that is hard to determine because in the MGDirect demo, only 2 (or 3 I forgot off the top of my head) throws were done with the airlift. I thought I heard Void say you can throw them in any direction, but I only saw them getting thrown forward. The angle at which they flew looked somewhat awkward for chasing because it looked like AI targets were being struck. As we know the AI when not told to do anything, has a very lazy Directional influence and will sort of softly glide to their location.

One would say I'm thinking too hard about this, but all I'm really thinking about at this point is if it can be done mid combo or is this gonna be one of those attacks that you simply throw out there as a combo starter and hope that you hit. If it's like peach bomber from melee, the attack is gonna be absolutely worthless. There are way too many ways to imagine this attack's viability, or lack thereof.

Guess I am speculating...

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:14 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I feel like a simpler way to fix Rhythm Twist would be to just make so it can only be done once, instead of a continuous move when holding down special. And make the back-side of it not have a hit-box.

The move is a Shine-like move, make it very versatile, but that's what gives Tails so many interesting follow-up. The problem is just has has too much utility; combo/follow-up tool, auto-combo move, it's safe approach (Breaks most projectiles and clanks with normal-attacks). Making the move non-continuous would widen the gap between tailspins, make it more punishable, less braindead, remove all of those use, but keep it as a good combo tool to spice up his offensive play..

And, of all the moves to replace, Electron Cannon should been the one to go. A speedster-multi-jumper like Tails really doesn't have a real reason to control space with a projectile that has so few weaknesses/little risk in using. It's unblockable move that he can air-camp with because of his multiple. That's literally ridiculous and has been a problem in his playstyle since the day he was added into this game.

EDIT: Just to mention, I think the command grab could do wonders for Tails' playstyle. It's just dumb to see it replace the already cool special move, instead of the lame projectile one.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 pm
Site Admin

We don't want Tails to feel like other multijumpers so we see no issue with Electron Cannon. It is uncharacteristic ~thus far~ to have a character with multiple jumps and a downward projectile, but it is no means OP. It isn't abusable in the way that rhythm badge is. As fond as we were of the ol' badge, it was silly that you could throw it out whenever you want and be 100% safe or season an already functional combo with extra damage with a 100% success rate.

Besides, we don't want another character with a 'shine', that makes the real shine less special, and it's a lazy idea tbh.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:07 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
^ Agreed.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 pm

I'd prolly flip out if I lost my electro cannon too.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 am
BR Member

Shine was a lazy idea i agree :3

Srsly tho the air grab sounds pretty cool.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 29  Next