The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:57 pm

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
A Game of Chance and Six-Sided Dice 

...Okay, I got permission from Blue to post this here even though it seemed a lot like RPing. So don't go complainin'.

Alright, there are six people in a situation I'll get to later. These people are, currently, simply named Person One, Person Two, Person Three, Person Four (of whom I am tempted to be biased towards), Person Five, and Person Six. Anyone who posts here can control any of them; or at least, submit an action. I will use a Random Number Generator to determine the amount of success, which may lead to supernatural concequences. Of course, these numbers will be between one and six. There is no true goal, and probably no true end. Of course, I may create 'rounds' persay, where they may escape one situation to go to the next, but this is improbable.

On another note, the characters currently have no genders or names. This is stage one, if you will; first, roll for genders, then for names. If it went the other way around, we may end up with a boy named Sue, as I'll be rolling here, too. I'll let any personalities they have form based on the situations they have. However, personality likely won't show much, if at all, anyway (aside from, prehaps, five encountering and being afraid of a spider when, say, three had recently been killed by one). Yes you freaking heard me right you can die. However, you may simply wait ten 'turns' (which involve all actions being rolled for, as well as ones by enemies) and then roll the number the character was, which may take any number of turns. But everything you had, aside from clothing (and even that will be reverted to its original state), will be destroyed.

Now for the rules, assigned to numbers at random.

1: No randomly creating non-existing characters.
2: No posting stuff like 'Person 1 stabs the Giant Spider through the face and kills it.' Rather, 'Person 1 attempts to stab the Giant Spider through the face.' Because the action only takes place when I roll for it and you very well might accidentally accidentally end up stabbing yourself through the leg.
3: Nothing innapropiate, please.
4: No posting stuff like 'Person 2 attempts to kick the Police Officer in the chin, take his gun while he's distracted, kick him into the traffic and watch him be hit by a truck'. Just one action at a time. Seriously /:
5: You can only post one action for one person per turn. I don't want every action for every person thrown at me at once.
6: Please, for my sake, don't be an idiot and have good grammar. I'll respect your suggestions much more.

Now, roll values.

1: Pretty gosh darn terrible. Has a tendency to create supernatural situations that don't like you at all. Rolled twice in a row, it won't be QUITE as bad...
2: Still pretty bad, but it usually won't sprout anything supernatural. It'll still do so on some occasions, though. However, if rolled directly after a four, it'll be so great you can't even believe it.
3: Minorly inconvenient, and will only create supernatural activity when I honestly can't think of anything else. However, if rolled directly after a one, expect bad luck to follow you for ten turns.
4: The greatest thing ever, this number has saved lives on many occasions. This is the best non-combo number you can get, and is pretty much one but good for you.
5: Think three, but not evil. Has a tendency to give bonuses to things it rhymes with. For example, doin' a jive and rolling five will make you the best dancer in the world (or something) (because I couldn't think of any other cool things (I'm taking suggestions)).
6: Think two, but not a bad thing. Unless, of course, you happen to roll it three times in a row; in which case... well, expect catastrophy.

Aaaannnd cut. So yeah suggest things

Person One Status: Number One is now Male.
Person Two Status: Person Number Two is now a confirmed Female.
Person Three Status: person Number Three is a registered Female.
Person Four Status: Person Number Four is now probably doing something awesome while being Female.
Person Five Status: Quite Female, really.
Person Six Status: Recently discovered to be Male.

Last edited by War P. Anda on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Very interesting idea. But what happens when you roll a 3 then a 4?

Anyway, so how do we start? Just pick a person and roll?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Is thirty-four symbolic of something?

And first you're gonna want to pick the genders of the characters. I will roll for these 'actions' as well, just for kicks. Also names.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Okay, rolling for gender of Person 1 I guess.

Also, rule 34. Look into it.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 pm

EDIT: Nevermind I accidentally looked up 32 instead and um yeah

Anyway, here's how it works:

Odds are Male, Evens are Female. There will be one extra (seventy-three) which will make you a weird alien thing with no gender. The gender rolls will be the only ones with more than six possibilities. I'm now going to roll.

Result: Seventeen. Number One is Male.

Last edited by War P. Anda on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Uh, k I roll gender for the second person.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Rolling, now.

Result: ...Two. Huh. Ironic. Person Number Two is Female.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Okay I'll gender roll for person 6.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Alright. Rolling...

Result: 31. Number 6 is male.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
I call gender roll for person Numbah 5

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:00 am

Gender role for person number three, plox.

Oh, and, War P.anda, did you know that four is considered extremely unlucky in China, Japan, and other Asian countries because four is extremely close to their word for death?

Just throwing that out there.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 am

Location: Ubicación: Vous êtes ici: 地点:場所:Lage: Località: Localização:
Currently Playing: None
Weavile wrote:

Oh, and, War P.anda, did you know that four is considered extremely unlucky in China, Japan, and other Asian countries because four is extremely close to their word for death?

I'd know.

Anyway, I'll claim 4.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 am

Weavile wrote:

TOO BAD FOUR IS MY FOURVORATE NUMBER GO AWAY

Anyway, rolling for five.

Result: 36. Person Number Five is Female.

Rolling for three.

Result: 12. Person Number Three is Female.

Rolling for four.

Result: 48. Person Number Four is Female. ...Huh. Works. I'll be updating the first post now~

Also, you may now start naming them. Whichever name has the most votes, or, in the case of a tie, whichever name happens to be chosen by the RNG, will be chosen.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:12 am

Those males are lucky.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 am

Anyway... I nominate the name Ralph for person 6.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 am
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next