The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:34 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
More (maybe terrible) sprites. 

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
your sprite is perfect.......for adding details. the shading seem about right. all that could be done to this is details I guess. I took a close up look at this and I have a question did you follow the spriter guide it looks like you sorta did. since your having an issue why don't I show my own sprited human it's worst than your

no one start out good. they start out looking like crap

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Currently Playing: SSBB, Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, Epic Mickey, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
G0l3m The Rock wrote:
Styx wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
I don't know if you're trying to create humor or something, cause this thread is just too funny to be true. People are giving you honest advice and opinions, which you asked for for.

Styx wrote:
Please, give me all the advice you can give me. I know people will say it's terrible[/b]. It is inevitable. I will just ignore them.

Well you certainly stood your ground. Bravo.

You're giving up cause some people were mean to you on the internet? If you actually have any interest in this sort of thing, you wouldn't give up so easily. Go look up tutorials on DeviantArt or something. Learn from people who actually have some semblance of talent. Grow a pair and learn that taking the internet too seriously, let alone this forum, is just stupid.

-Your friendly neighborhood admin,
DT42

Well, I never wanted to do the art part of video games (which I do want to make video games) in the first place. I have tried too many times to impress people with my best and it is NEVER enough. I just CAN'T sprite. Period. ChaosVii, I hope your happy to learn that you won't see my "trash" anymore. @Golem: I just wanted to have something of my own that everyone liked. I didn't think that you had to be "perfect" to impress. I was thinking that spriting wasn't so hard. I should have known better. I am not fit to sprite. I will now just give my honest thought on others' sprites (if you weren't paying attention, most sprites, to me, are good. I compare them to my own work. Anything better than what I have done ever is a good sprite.)

I feel crushed.

You don't sprite to impress, you sprite because you enjoy it. If you can learn to have the patience then maybe someone here can help you out, or even someone somewhere else.

You know, I don't want to sprite anymore. I'll learn to code and do that when I apply for a job as a gamer. I'm just... tired of the hatred I get because I can't sprite to meet the "standards" ofgood spriting. And at Lucky: Details are what I just can NOT do. You would be wasting your time trying to teach me. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm going to ask a Mod to lock this place. See you guys later. Oh and, my guy started as an outline by someone else and I didn't makethe hair. Just the colors. I DID however edit the head and arms.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Banner made by Me!

What pokemon I am.
What magic color I am.

What is your horoscope for today?
YouTube Video:

Best Sonic song
YouTube Video:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:41 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Styx wrote:
G0l3m The Rock wrote:
Styx wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
I don't know if you're trying to create humor or something, cause this thread is just too funny to be true. People are giving you honest advice and opinions, which you asked for for.

Styx wrote:
Please, give me all the advice you can give me. I know people will say it's terrible[/b]. It is inevitable. I will just ignore them.

You're giving up cause some people were mean to you on the internet? If you actually have any interest in this sort of thing, you wouldn't give up so easily. Go look up tutorials on DeviantArt or something. Learn from people who actually have some semblance of talent. Grow a pair and learn that taking the internet too seriously, let alone this forum, is just stupid.

DT42

Well, I never wanted to do the art part of video games (which I do want to make video games) in the first place. I have tried too many times to impress people with my best and it is NEVER enough. I just CAN'T sprite. Period. ChaosVii, I hope your happy to learn that you won't see my "trash" anymore. @Golem: I just wanted to have something of my own that everyone liked. I didn't think that you had to be "perfect" to impress. I was thinking that spriting wasn't so hard. I should have known better. I am not fit to sprite. I will now just give my honest thought on others' sprites (if you weren't paying attention, most sprites, to me, are good. I compare them to my own work. Anything better than what I have done ever is a good sprite.)

I feel crushed.

You don't sprite to impress, you sprite because you enjoy it. If you can learn to have the patience then maybe someone here can help you out, or even someone somewhere else.

You know, I don't want to sprite anymore. I'll learn to code and do that when I apply for a job as a gamer. I'm just... tired of the hatred I get because I can't sprite to meet the "standards" ofgood spriting. And at Lucky: Details are what I just can NOT do. You would be wasting your time trying to teach me. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm going to ask a Mod to lock this place. See you guys later. Oh and, my guy started as an outline by someone else and I didn't makethe hair. Just the colors. I DID however edit the head and arms.

Dude people said all that crap to me butI just ignored it and kept on spriting... dont ever give up just cause people say mean things they are just words they can't hurt you... even though people say they can...

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 pm

dude now your getting me a little ah never mind just keep trying and stop whining.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Currently Playing: SSBB, Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, Epic Mickey, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
ClashX wrote:
Styx wrote:
G0l3m The Rock wrote:
Styx wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:

Styx wrote:

DT42

I feel crushed.

Dude people said all that crap to me butI just ignored it and kept on spriting... dont ever give up just cause people say mean things they are just words they can't hurt you... even though people say they can...

I'm pretty sure that I won't learn because I never had true intrest in spriting. It just seemed easy to me. Coding will be my new thing to do now. See you guys later. Anybody know where there are some good scriping tuts around?

Banner made by Me!

What pokemon I am.
What magic color I am.

YouTube Video:

Best Sonic song
YouTube Video:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Styx wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I won't learn because I never had true intrest in spriting. It just seemed easy to me. Coding will be my new thing to do now. See you guys later. Anybody know where there are some good scriping tuts around?

Holy Dormammu, are you one of those 'if it ain't easy, I give up the next second' people? Mind you that coding is just as difficult as spriting. Everything is difficult if you want to be good at it.

Save for breathing.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Damian wrote:
Styx wrote:

Holy Dormammu, are you one of those 'if it ain't easy, I give up the next second' people? Mind you that coding is just as difficult as spriting. Everything is difficult if you want to be good at it.

Save for breathing.

^This and what do you want to code so bad that spriting will get in the way? If you can sprite and code then you can make your own games without a buncha help...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Damian wrote:
Styx wrote:

Save for breathing.

Well, I believe that I will find coding easier, and like I said, I never had much talent for drawing, but I can write. Once I learn, I will try to be good at java and such...
:aha: I'll start simple with minecraft mods.

P.S. Scripting was what I was originally interested in. And I'm not one of those "If it's not easy, I quit" people. I only feel that way on certain things, like hobbies. Unless I do truely enjoy and want to pursue it. I won't give up on scripting and coding like spriting.

Banner made by Me!

What pokemon I am.
What magic color I am.

YouTube Video:

Best Sonic song
YouTube Video:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Styx wrote:
Damian wrote:
Styx wrote:

Save for breathing.

Well, I believe that I will find coding easier, and like I said, I never had much talent for drawing, but I can write. Once I learn, I will try to be good at java and such...
:aha: I'll start simple with minecraft mods.

P.S. Scripting was what I was originally interested in. And I'm not one of those "If it's not easy, I quit" people. I only feel that way on certain things, like hobbies. Unless I do truely enjoy and want to pursue it. I won't give up on scripting and coding like spriting.

I don't think you should have replied, and coding is harder than spriting. You be force to solve logical problems not just writing.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 am
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2