The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 am

[ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
SSF2 Visual Bugs 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Zalozis wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
Flash has no non-resource-intensive way to recolor pixels in realtime to specific colors basically. We can only augment the color of the pixels that already exist.
So in Flash, you only have Hue/Saturation/Lightness control over the master colors? Is there some kind of preset to Reds, Blues, Cyans, Magnetas, etc., to adjust the hues for each individually (like in Photoshop)?

There is not.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Oh pooh bear. I guess it's just regular hue changes and color tones.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm guessing this has already been addressed, but a few of Peach's frames elongate her body. Air dodge, air hip bump, spinning in the air, etc. Oh, and her taunt (the raise an arm one) changes the design of the jewel on her chest. I'm guessing these are by design/unfixable though, and it might just be my eyes.

I'm new here, new to the game in general, but I just wanted to say thanks to the devs for making this. A sprited Smash (in the vein of Jump Ultimate Stars) has always been a dream of mine, and finding this was an awesome surprise. I love the attention to details, from sound effects to music to presentation to menus. Thanks so much!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Pika, Sonic, Peach, DK, and Mario all suffer from a visual problem when getting hit by Falcon's knee. As of v0.9, a new knee graphic was introduced, shown here.

Click to expand thumbnail
However, the aforementioned characters still receive the old graphic (I only took a picture of Peach, Sonic, and Pika).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:49 pm
BR Member

When Link tries to side B when there's already a boomerang flying around, Link still has a boomerang in his hand.
Das pretty tacky

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Sachamel wrote:
[ Image ]
I always thought DK bicep looked really weird (and small). Here's a quick and s#%$& attempt at how it think it should look like IMO. Also his walking animation is kinda weird too but can live with that.

IncredibleLuigi wrote:
Oh, can someone tell me how to post a picture so I can state a sprite problem?

Take a screenshot and upload it to any hosting site (I like using imgur, for example). Then just put the URL between the "img" tags.

Cannot unsee. ;-;

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:36 pm

MGN Username: coollogic16
a free image from me. Image

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:42 pm

When grabbing with Yoshi, he does a gulping animation even when you don't grab anyone.

Single frame:

Though, this is probably more of a programming issue than a graphical one.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:47 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
I'm changing phrase, so I'm leaving this here to remind the series symbol quality - in terms of tracing them more accurate as they are in the official Smash games - can be better, and I mean, if I could did it with ease, it will not be a problem to improve that in the future. I was going to take out the "<" to remove the sarcastic tone the image was originally intended to be but that's time consuming so just ignore it.

The image: show

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
SoopaKoopa wrote:
Cannot unsee. ;-;

Haha sorry, hopefully they'll fix it, I'm sure they won't have trouble with it.

Here's a size comparison I did of the characters in the game and some seem weird to me (of course the ones that also have a Melee counterpart):
- Pretty sure Marth is a tad too big.
- Fox is waaay to small, specially compared to Pika's "special" idle.
- Both pokemon seem too big (Pika is already adressed, and Puff should be Kirby size but it's a tad bigger)
- Yoshi seems a lil big too, but since he's not hunched over I'm not quite sure about this, so he could be good.

Just to be clear this is only my opinion + comparing sizes with Melee models (don't have Brawl or Sm4sh).

What is not subjective tho is that Pikachu in the respawning platform is bigger than his normal spirte.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
SSF2 has it's own scaling ratio. There's has to balance of what's been established in Smash, but also trying to make sense of what's been established canonically (Like Mario being shorter than Peach, and small enough to ride Yoshi) and what makes senses in general. There's some judgement on those type of thing that lead characters to be different their official Smash size. As well as the sizes effect the ranges of characters attacks, grabs, hurt-boxes, hit-boxes, etc. There's a lot to considered .

Marth does seem oddly tall though. I can't believe his idle is taller than Power-suit Samus'. It was like that in Melee too, but here, it makes him look like he's 6'4" in ratio to everyone else.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:38 am

MGN Username: Sachamel
That actually makes sense, but still it would help that they're both balanced and not weird looking. Don't you think Pikachu looks freaking big??

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:50 am

It's tough to say. Pikachu is only looks really tall during the part of his idle when he extending his hind-legs, which are long legs compared to his front-ones. I don't think he's too tall compared to Mario or Fox. Fox isn't that short here. His Brawl idle doesn't stand as upright like his Melee one does. He bends his knees more while hopping up and down. It's hard to judge his actual height.

I do think Mario and Peach could be scaled up just a bit. Mario's slightly shorter than Megaman, Wario, and Sonic when each are standing straight. I feel like the top of Mario's hat should be just at the top of Sonic's head in idle. But he'd still be small enough to ride Yoshi. And Peach could be be scaled-up compared to Zelda, where the top of her head is below Zelda's, but the top tip of Peach's crown goes just above Zelda's head.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Thanks for your submissions so far you all! I changed the title of this thread for a little more clarity. With this thread we are looking for visual issues that we may have missed in game. Something that looks off or strange like many of you have suggested, or things like stray or missing pixels.

Thank you so much, and keep on hunting!

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
Sachamel wrote:
SoopaKoopa wrote:
Cannot unsee. ;-;

Haha sorry, hopefully they'll fix it, I'm sure they won't have trouble with it.

Here's a size comparison I did of the characters in the game and some seem weird to me (of course the ones that also have a Melee counterpart):
- Pretty sure Marth is a tad too big.
- Fox is waaay to small, specially compared to Pika's "special" idle.
- Both pokemon seem too big (Pika is already adressed, and Puff should be Kirby size but it's a tad bigger)
- Yoshi seems a lil big too, but since he's not hunched over I'm not quite sure about this, so he could be good.

Just to be clear this is only my opinion + comparing sizes with Melee models (don't have Brawl or Sm4sh).

What is not subjective tho is that Pikachu in the respawning platform is bigger than his normal spirte.
Sachamel wrote:
That actually makes sense, but still it would help that they're both balanced and not weird looking. Don't you think Pikachu looks freaking big??
We did resizing for quite a few characters this past demo (~10 of them), and Pikachu, save that one part of his idle, is about on par with his normal scale. That one part of his idle is just unnaturally huge in his upper body, but his lower body stays the same, so it's a really weird animation to mess with.

EDIT: Also, that Yoshi isn't quite a fair comparison to ours, as ours is standing upright while Melee's he's more hunched over.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:03 pm
 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next