The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:16 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate M.U.G.E.N., DC VS MARVEL M.U.G.E.N., SSF2
[NU] wrote:
What exactly happened when Minato was trying to help Naruto?

Black Zetsu got in the way of the transfer, so he could have the Yin side of Kurama and gave it to Madara, so the Ten-Tails inside him could be whole.

EDIT: I think.

Have you ever wondered how does Superman flies? In that case, wonder no more:
YouTube Video:

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Heart of Steel wrote:
[NU] wrote:

Black Zetsu got in the way of the transfer, so he could have the Yin side of Kurama and gave it to Madara, so the Ten-Tails inside him could be whole.

D: oh no!

I wasn't sure what to make of it from the panels. I hope we don't have to wait any longer then 1 more week to find out who this mysterious person is.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:02 pm
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
Heart of Steel wrote:
[NU] wrote:

D: oh no!

I wasn't sure what to make of it from the panels. I hope we don't have to wait any longer then 1 more week to find out who this mysterious person is.

It's clearly Zaku, who has secretly been pulling the strings the entire time in an unbelievably elaborate revenge scheme against Sasuke he had planned for before either of them were even born

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Location: The Dark World, currently sitting on my Throne, Waiting for someone good at brawl to fight me.
Did Kishimoto mess up?
To break out of Gaara's seal Madara used Susano'o, but he didn't have any eyes at the time....

I'M GOING TO BE ALL OF THE DRAGONS

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Currently Playing: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate M.U.G.E.N., DC VS MARVEL M.U.G.E.N., SSF2
Shade wrote:
Did Kishimoto mess up?
To break out of Gaara's seal Madara used Susano'o, but he didn't have any eyes at the time....

Maybe he had such perfect control over his Susano'o that he didn't needed his eyes to manifest it.
Just my theory though.

YouTube Video:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Looks like Obito gets one last glorious f*** you moment. Good. I was hoping he wouldn't stay down.

Next week is Naruto 666... Which, given this is a Japanese comic, probably won't have any significance, but given there are a lot of Japanese writers who like to borrow western religious lore (Heck, the Chakra Tree and the talk of saviors is all VERY Judeo-Christian) it might end up being significant anyway. We shall see.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:06 am

LOL, I recall some of my friends saying that Naruto 666 will be the very last chapter of Naruto.

Anyway, now we will see 2 shinobi Gods clashing each other, can't wait.

YouTube Video:

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 am

Ziku wrote:
Looks like Obito gets one last glorious f#%$& you moment. Good. I was hoping he wouldn't stay down.

Next week is Naruto 666... Which, given this is a Japanese comic, probably won't have any significance, but given there are a lot of Japanese writers who like to borrow western religious lore (Heck, the Chakra Tree and the talk of saviors is all VERY Judeo-Christian) it might end up being significant anyway. We shall see.

Kishimoto's very own twin brother has a manga titled "666 Satan" (It's pretty good, too)

Obito's back to his old self, didn't think i'd see the day

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:38 pm
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
Kishimoto's very own twin brother has a manga titled "666 Satan" (It's pretty good, too)

Ha, I actually did know about that, but it completely slipped my mind... So hell, 666 might be kind of a big deal. Guess we'll just have to see.

Last acts of defiance are some of my favorite moments in any narrative, so I have high hopes for this.

I also have to admit, I really don't think we're going to find out who came to Sasuke until after whatever they had in mind for him has happened.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
I really, REALLY, REALLY hope that they somehow transplant the Yin side of Kurama to Naruto.
He MUST survive, he is the protagonist for Gods sake!
Besides, can you imagine all the new set of Jinchuriki powers he might win?

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Rikudo wrote:
I really, REALLY, REALLY hope that they somehow transplant the Yin side of Kurama to Naruto.
He MUST survive, he is the protagonist for Gods sake!
Besides, can you imagine all the new set of Jinchuriki powers he might win?

Is Naruto dying seriously a concern of yours?

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:16 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Well, I highly doubt that the Naruto universe has a set of mystical "Sage of the Six Paths Spheres" that must be recollected to summon the Sage of the Six Paths for granting you any wish for resurecting Naruto if he ever dies.
Unless you mean that Kishi has some special plan to bring Naruto back to action, in which case I agree. :)

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 am

Rikudo wrote:
Well, I highly doubt that the Naruto universe has a set of mystical "Sage of the Six Paths Spheres" that must be recollected to summon the Sage of the Six Paths for granting you any wish for resurecting Naruto if he ever dies.
Unless you mean that Kishi has some special plan to bring Naruto back to action, in which case I agree. :)

I dunno, he had no problem letting Nagato be the eternal dragon and bring everyone who died in that horrible slaughter back.

Kakashi is the only one who it really made a difference was dead. Seriously, even if the rest of those deaths were canon fodder, I'd at least have appreciated if that arc meant anything besides killing Nagato and getting Naruto his sage powers.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Ziku wrote:
Rikudo wrote:

I dunno, he had no problem letting Nagato be the eternal dragon and bring everyone who died in that horrible slaughter back.

Kakashi is the only one who it really made a difference was dead. Seriously, even if the rest of those deaths were canon fodder, I'd at least have appreciated if that arc meant anything besides killing Nagato and getting Naruto his sage powers.

That arc was incredibly important to the series.... Possibly one of the most important arcs imo... That was the first arc where we got into the deep theme about war and true peace. That arc is one of the reasons why I love this series so much.

Also Jiraiya's death allowed Naruto to "know pain", and mature greatly.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
Ziku wrote:
Rikudo wrote:

That arc was incredibly important to the series.... Possibly one of the most important arcs imo... That was the first arc where we got into the deep theme about war and true peace. That arc is one of the reasons why I love this series so much.

Also Jiraiya's death allowed Naruto to "know pain", and mature greatly.

Okay, upon re-reading, I can see just how extreme my post sounded. That arc, along with Naruto's battle, actually ties with the Sasuke and Itachi arc as my favorite parts of the series, but I really have a big problem with how a lot of it felt like it got swept under the rug.

The thing of it is though is Nagato destroyed damn near everything. Many people are dead, the village is a pile of rubble, destruction is everywhere. To him, the ends justify the means, while to Naruto, every person deserves to live and people are better understanding one another through compassion than fear and tyranny. And he actually wins Nagato to his side. Every bit of that I get and I support and I really really dig.

But it's the fact that Nagato and Yamoto could just undo all that damage like it was nothing that really throws it into a bad place for me. Look, read however you like into this, I am a f*** sadistic reader. The main character needs to experience a whole lot of suffering from the beginning of a story to the end. I am NOT saying they turn into a wangsty teenage brat, not at all, but a good character needs to feel implications HARD. And I am not saying good actions have no reward, but Naruto's reward for sparring Nagato's life could have been his surrender, and he could have maybe undone a little of his damage, but when the Leaf Village feels so much the same after Nagato's attack as it did before, it just cheats the experience.

And it makes me fearful death is going to be cheap again. Heck, we've been dealing with dead characters this entire damn arc, and one of them managed a full resurrection. In short, I said nothing was accomplished because a lot of the destruction was undone like it was nothing. But no, there was certainly more to that arc than just destruction, indeed.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 am
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 146  Next