The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 pm

[ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
"Expansion Character" Moveset Speculation V2 

MGN Username: goshdangdoodles
Currently Playing: Overwatch, SSB4, Burning Blood
Waifu: Nico Robin
Bedoop wrote:
gosh_dang_doodles wrote:
Forward Smash: High Kick
Range: Medium
Damage: 18%
Knockback: Medium
Does a kick Diagonally upward into the air. Has high ending lag. Can launch if it hits opponents at the tip of the kick

I thought Primid had a "Forward Smash" the one where he charges up and his fist gets giant and red-glowy before punching
Kinda like Little Mac?
Infact those two have a lot of similarities when it comes to close combat, now that I think of it.
Huh. :chibirobo:

Well, I needed another special attack to fill that 5 specials needed to complete his down special

:pikachu:

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:41 am

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
gosh_dang_doodles wrote:
Feel Free to share those special ideas! :colonthree:

I couldn't come up with a good Side Special :/

Primid ideas: show
Up Special: Auroros - An Auroros comes out of nowhere and Primid holds onto its small feet. The Auroros then flaps its winds 3 times,dealing 4%
every time he flaps his wings. After it has flapped its wings 3 times, Auroros dives onto the ground,making a powerful spike.
(Idea 1) If the Auroros hits the ground,Primid will make a summersault, making this move have low endlag. However,if there isn't any ground below Auroros,it will just dive onto the lower blastzone,killing Primid. Similar to Kirby's Up B
(Idea 2) Primid lets go of Auroros after it has flapped his wings 3 times,but Auroros still does damage when it's diving. Primid goes into helpless state after letting go of Auroros. Similar to DHD's Up B from SSB4.

Side Special: Borboras - Primid's head transforms into a Borboras' head and Primid blows enemies away. Good for edgeguarding,but it has high endlag so it's not spammable.

Down Special: Generator
- Primid uses Shadow Bugs to create a Generator. The generator then produces 3 Mites and disappears (for balancing purposes).
The Mites work like in the Subspace Emissary. They walk and jump around the stage,they are very weak (only dealing about 5% with low knockback) and they die if they get hit or if they jump offstage, but they can help Primid to start combos and to get out of them. This move can't be used again until all of your Mites die.

Final Smash: Off Waves - Primid grows butterfly-like wings and flies to the background of the stage. He then releases three waves of energy that do 23%
each with decent knockback. This move is basically a nerfed version of Tabuu's Off Waves,but unlike Tabuu's Off Waves, this move ignores shields ,armor and spotdodges/rolls.

Maybe instead of all that facing left/facing right/dashing stuff Primid could try to run and trip,to reference Brawl's tripping mechanic

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Lv. 1 CPU wrote:
gosh_dang_doodles wrote:
Feel Free to share those special ideas! :colonthree:

I couldn't come up with a good Side Special :/

Primid ideas: show
Up Special: Auroros - An Auroros comes out of nowhere and Primid holds onto its small feet. The Auroros then flaps its winds 3 times,dealing 4%
every time he flaps his wings. After it has flapped its wings 3 times, Auroros dives onto the ground,making a powerful spike.
(Idea 1) If the Auroros hits the ground,Primid will make a summersault, making this move have low endlag. However,if there isn't any ground below Auroros,it will just dive onto the lower blastzone,killing Primid. Similar to Kirby's Up B
(Idea 2) Primid lets go of Auroros after it has flapped his wings 3 times,but Auroros still does damage when it's diving. Primid goes into helpless state after letting go of Auroros. Similar to DHD's Up B from SSB4.

Side Special: Borboras - Primid's head transforms into a Borboras' head and Primid blows enemies away. Good for edgeguarding,but it has high endlag so it's not spammable.

Down Special: Generator
- Primid uses Shadow Bugs to create a Generator. The generator then produces 3 Mites and disappears (for balancing purposes).
The Mites work like in the Subspace Emissary. They walk and jump around the stage,they are very weak (only dealing about 5% with low knockback) and they die if they get hit or if they jump offstage, but they can help Primid to start combos and to get out of them. This move can't be used again until all of your Mites die.

Final Smash: Off Waves - Primid grows butterfly-like wings and flies to the background of the stage. He then releases three waves of energy that do 23%
each with decent knockback. This move is basically a nerfed version of Tabuu's Off Waves,but unlike Tabuu's Off Waves, this move ignores shields ,armor and spotdodges/rolls.

Maybe instead of all that facing left/facing right/dashing stuff Primid could try to run and trip,to reference Brawl's tripping mechanic

These are Amazing ideas! Thank you for sharing! Maybe he could have two final smashes, Similar to Ryu in SSB4: One for when hes near someone, and one ranged FS.

And What if the Borboras was part of his Uair? like :gameandwatch: 's Uair!

And what do you mean by all that facing left and right stuff. DO you mean his taunts?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm

gosh_dang_doodles wrote:
What do you mean by all that facing left and right stuff. Do you mean his taunts?

Yup. Direction Specific Taunts are kinda hard considering that SSF2 just turns around sprites when facing right (i could be wrong tho) and adding a "Taunt when dashing" seems just too much for a simple taunt.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 am

Lv. 1 CPU wrote:
gosh_dang_doodles wrote:
What do you mean by all that facing left and right stuff. Do you mean his taunts?

Yup. Direction Specific Taunts are kinda hard considering that SSF2 just turns around sprites when facing right (i could be wrong tho) and adding a "Taunt when dashing" seems just too much for a simple taunt.

You're Probably Right.

I doubt Primid would become an actual character though, theres already a bunch of other people want :annoyed:

But whatevs
:pikachu: :pikachu:

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 am

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
Mario, MD v2: show
It's-a me, Doctor Mario, here to cure your bad clones disease.
Heavier than Mario. Slower ground speed than Mario by a noticeable amount, but not as large a gap as in 4, because that sucks. Slightly higher air speed than Mario. Shorter jumps.

Jab:Punch kick Open Palm (like his f smash in 4), bad range on finishing hit, but it's strong like CF's gentleman is in 4
F tilt: Generic Mario Bro f Tilt
D tilt: Mario's from Melee, complete with weird hitboxes
Up tilt: Headbutts with his doctor headband thingy, ko move

Upthrow: Mario's, but lower base KB+KB growth
DThrow: Throws opponent into the ground and bounces Megavitamins off them as a kill throw.
FThrow: Kicks the opponent almost straight outwards. Chaingrabs with no great ease.
B throw: Bounces the opponent diagonally of the ground. Best combo throw, i.e. into bair, up air, etc.
Pummel: Headbutt. Pretty slow and highly damaging. Has a "doink" sound effect because of his headband's metal thingy.

Bair: Mario's Bair
Fair: Mario's, but rekking strong and without a spike...So basically Buffed mario fair
Dair: Mario's Smash4 dair
U-air: Smash4, but similar to Sora's Fair in that it combos into itself a couple of times and also can kill
Nair: Ye olde reverse sex kick

Upsmash: Inferior Mario Upsmash with a very diagonal launch angle. Basically his Upsmash in 4 but kinda weak sauce.
DSmash: Rekking strong front hit that sends vertically, weak sauce back hit with semi spike angle
F smash:Smash 4 F-smash. Looks cooler though because lightning looks cool in this game

Neutral B: Throws one of the three viruses, Fever, Chill, or Weird. Fever is identical to Mario's Fireball, except of course it is a virus. Chill is slower and bounces in a low arc four times, momentarily freezing the opponent in place, but not with the ice-block effect most freezy things have. Weird bounces extremely high twice and low, set KB, like Fox's shine but weaker and vertical. The move cycles through these three viruses like Peach's F-smash.
Side B:Shocking Sheet from Smash 4
Up B: Melee version, complete with cancel and set KB
Down B: Butt Stomp similar to Yoshi's, but shorter jump height, much slower, more KB.

Final Smash: Summons a storm of multi-colored pills to fall from the top of the screen at random. If the pills land and four of the same colored halves line up, they explode, dealing heavy knock-back. The pills themselves will launch a target if they hit them.

Entrance animation: Smash 4's, because that's the best one in the game.
Taunt1: Bounces a Megavitamin like a hacky sack on his feet a couple of times before pocketing it.
Taunt2: Writes something on a clipboard while shaking his head, as though he is writing 'terminal condition' underneath your name. Has a 1/10 chance of saying "Mama-Mia!" under his breath.(props to gosh_dang_doodles)
Taunt3: Adjusts his headband and lab coat.
These taunts are sort of long.

Says "oh no!' when he dies sometimes. Pretty sure Mario has said this a lot, so finding that voice clip should be easy.

EDITS: Incorporated a few ideas, including Jan_Solo's viruses and Gosh_Dang_Doodle's "mama-mia" taunt. Imma call this incomplete, though, because I want to include both viruses and megavitamins in his moveset but idk how. Virus looping f-smash seemed needlessly complicated, unfortunately. I think Viruses fit Neutral B much better, but now vitamins are out... rip.

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 am

Riddul wrote:

I've watched enough Melee to see the large chaingrab potential in this throw. I'd render it with an additional Megavitamin throw, to do additional damage and keep the opponent launched in position while reducing the throw's chaining power.

While we're at it, let's throw in some more megavitamins into the other throws.

Riddul wrote:
DThrow: Throws opponent into the ground and bounces Megavitamins off them as a kill throw.

...well you beat me to it.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:06 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Riddul wrote:
Mario, MD v2: show
It's-a me, Doctor Mario, here to cure your bad clones disease.
Heavier than Mario. Slower ground speed than Mario by a noticeable amount, but not as large a gap as in 4, because that sucks. Slightly higher air speed than Mario. Shorter jumps.

Jab:Punch kick Open Palm (like his f smash in 4), bad range on finishing hit, but it's strong like CF's gentleman is in 4
F tilt: Generic Mario Bro f Tilt
D tilt: Mario's from Melee, complete with weird hitboxes
Up tilt: Headbutts with his doctor headband thingy, ko move

FThrow: Kicks the opponent almost straight outwards. Chaingrabs with no great ease.
B throw: Bounces the opponent diagonally of the ground. Best combo throw, i.e. into bair, up air, etc.
Pummel: Headbutt. Pretty slow and highly damaging. Has a "doink" sound effect because of his headband's metal thingy.

Bair: Mario's Bair
Fair: Mario's, but rekking strong and without a spike...So basically Buffed mario fair
Dair: Mario's Smash4 dair
U-air: Smash4, but similar to Sora's Fair in that it combos into itself a couple of times and also can kill
Nair: Ye olde reverse sex kick

Upsmash: Inferior Mario Upsmash with a very diagonal launch angle. Basically his Upsmash in 4 but kinda weak sauce.
DSmash: Rekking strong front hit that sends vertically, weak sauce back hit with semi spike angle
F smash:Smash 4 F-smash. Looks cooler though because lightning looks cool in this game

Neutral B: Throws one of the three viruses, Fever, Chill, or Weird. Fever is identical to Mario's Fireball, except of course it is a virus. Chill is slower and bounces in a low arc four times, momentarily freezing the opponent in place, but not with the ice-block effect most freezy things have. Weird bounces extremely high twice and low, set KB, like Fox's shine but weaker and vertical. The move cycles through these three viruses like Peach's F-smash.
Side B:Shocking Sheet from Smash 4
Up B: Melee version, complete with cancel and set KB
Down B: Butt Stomp similar to Yoshi's, but shorter jump height, much slower, more KB.

Final Smash: Summons a storm of multi-colored pills to fall from the top of the screen at random. If the pills land and four of the same colored halves line up, they explode, dealing heavy knock-back. The pills themselves will launch a target if they hit them.

Entrance animation: Smash 4's, because that's the best one in the game.
Taunt1: Bounces a Megavitamin like a hacky sack on his feet a couple of times before pocketing it.
Taunt2: Writes something on a clipboard while shaking his head, as though he is writing 'terminal condition' underneath your name. Has a 1/10 chance of saying "Mama-Mia!" under his breath.(props to gosh_dang_doodles)
Taunt3: Adjusts his headband and lab coat.
These taunts are sort of long.

Says "oh no!' when he dies sometimes. Pretty sure Mario has said this a lot, so finding that voice clip should be easy.

EDITS: Incorporated a few ideas, including Jan_Solo's viruses and Gosh_Dang_Doodle's "mama-mia" taunt. Imma call this incomplete, though, because I want to include both viruses and megavitamins in his moveset but idk how. Virus looping f-smash seemed needlessly complicated, unfortunately. I think Viruses fit Neutral B much better, but now vitamins are out... rip.

Considering this place is kinda dead, Imma review this thing slightly further

I think viruses should be his Side B and keep his Neutral B as the regular Megavitamins

Maybe even make it so that hitting his own viruses with a pill would make the virus explode for some more damage?

With this comes a change for Viruses, like make Fever go straight horizontally instead of bouncing

His Final Smash is a really nice reference to Dr. Mario (the game, not the person). It's original and not a copy pasta of Mario's

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Currently Playing: OPTC, Yugioh, Naruto Online, Persona, SSF2, DBXV2
Waifu: Chie
The Sister Complex King Of Steel, Yu Narukami: show
First Nintendo Appearance: Persona Q, Shadow Of The Labyrinth (June 5/November 25/28, 2014, 3DS
Jab (Cleave): Slashes 3 times with his sword (4%/4%/5%), with the first two having set knock back and the third having normal knockback.
F-Tilt: A powerful forwards slash with moderate knockback (11%)
U-Tilt (Big Gamble): An uppercut lifting slash of lightning with both hands with Yu rising from the ground at a set height (10%). Very high ending lag.
D-Tilt (Heroic Bravery): Yu leans forward, bringing his sword, with both hands, into a downward singled-handed slash with his leading hand, all with blade covered in lightning. (11%)
Dash Attack (Solo Swift Strike): Yu slides along the ground with his leg outstretched (6%). A low sliding attack that can hit low and sweep foes as well.

F-Smash (Lightning Flash): Yu readies a single-handed sword thrust by putting his leading hand forward to aim and drawing his sword back with his following arm, then flies forward with an electrical forward sword thrust. Does multiple hits.(3/3/3/5% (totaling 14%) uncharged, 5/5/5/7% (totaling 22%) full charged) Think a multi hit Shield Breaker
D-Smash (Swift Strike): The same as Swift Strike, but with Izanagi appearing behind Yu, sliding along with him with his spear outstretched as well. (17 (uncharged)-21%(full charged))
U-Smash: Stabs into the air (ala Marth's U-Smash) (6%), then his sword gets electrocuted (Ala Sora's U-Smash but with lightning instead of wind, and one strong hit instead of several small ones) (14% uncharged, 25% full charged)

Grab
Pummel: knees his foe
F-Throw: Slashes his foe away (7%)
D-Throw: Throws his opponent into the ground, bouncing them away (5%)
U-Throw: flings his opponent up and performs an outward turning launch slash (6%)
B-Throw: Throws his foe back, with Izanagi slashing them away (3%+4%)

Aerials
NAir: a basic mid-air slash (11%)
FAir: a forwards sword thrust (10%)
BAir: a backwards slash (12%)
DAir (Raging Lion): dives with a two-handed thrust diagonally to the ground like Lloyd's D-Special but with only a single hit (13%

Specials
NSpec (Zio(nga)(dyne)): Izanagi appears in front of Yu and fires lighting in a straight line. A charged projectile very similar to Robin's N-B in SM4SH. Starts as a single bolt of lightning that stuns enemies for a brief moment, but can be charged into a near full screen (not all at once, its progressive. think a fully charged Kamehameha) blast.
SSpec (Cross Slash): Yu slashes to the side, stunning the foe. If the hit lands, Izanagi will follow up with a downwards slash, knocking the foe either away or to the ground.
USpec (All Out Attack): Yu does a lunging slash (7%). If successful, he will knock them along the ground into a smoke cloud in which he gives them a multi hit beat down (akin to :blackmage: ) before ending with a final, heavy hit that launches both into the air. If failed, has very long ending lag and causes helplessness
DSpec (Tarukaja): strikes a pose and turns red, increasing damage by about 1.3x

Final Smash (Myriad Truths): Izanagi evolves into Izanagi-No-Okami, goes to the center of the field, and releases 3 waves of damage (think Tabuu's Off Waves, and dodged the same way), before returning to normal.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Currently Playing: Enter The Gungeon, on a Religious level
Waifu: George from Skullgir
Popeye: show

I'm back because I couldn't get enough of this character idea stuff. I now present to you Popeye. Buckle in.

I found a video of Popeye episodes so just follow the time stamps for the moves and such
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvM9myyWGRw

Size: Sora's Height
Idle: Taps foot with arms crossed

Alt Skins- 25:12, 41:36, 43:50, 57:07, 1:32:53
Taunt- 13:28
Entrance: https://media1.tenor.com/images/835205a ... id=5982865
Victory 1: Bluto and Popeye back to back
Victory 2: Classic "toot toot" from cob pipe
Victory 3: Popeye flies in from off screen and gets stuck in a wall
Stage: Sinbad Island (beginning)

Grabs and Throws;
Uthrow- 1:01:15
Dthrow- 1:43:32
Fthrow- 32:20
Bthrow- 2:24:00
Pummel- 14:39
Grab: Traps opponent in life saver at 15:00

Specials;
Up B- 51:5
Down B- Pull out the anchor seen at 15:00 and crashes down
B- 16:00
Side B- 33:06

Ground Attack- 32:13
Dash Attack- Fumbles a can of spinach

Tilts and Smashes;
Utilt- 1:49:38
Usmash- 29:15
Dtilt- Crouched punch
Dsmash- Throws arms out
Ftilt- 13:17
Fsmash- 25:46

Aerials;
Uair- 29:12
Dair- 32:29
Fair- Kick
Bair- Cattle Iron from 1:51:24
Nair- Spins ship wheel from 15:00

Last edited by DeadEyeRoberts on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I have a little moveset for Daisy

special side:football kick(Super Mario Strikers)

Daisy kicks a ball with such force that it ignites it in fire, in addition this attack can be charged for greater strength (the ball has two damages, a normal ball that causes fire damage, and one with a floral design that generates a flower that weakens slowly to the rival)

Special Down: Crystal Smash(Super Mario Strikers Charged)

Daisy gives a strong punch to the ground that causes the exit of some orange crystals which when striking away in low percentages to the close rivals

special top: flower shot (mario hoops 3 on 3)

Daisy gives a quick twist that generates a field of flowers that propels it upwards, it turns while some petals revolve around her, (this attack also can produce the effect of flower, that does damage for a short time)

special neutral: superball (super mario land)

Daisy launches a super ball which can launch thanks to a special item in mario land (unlike the Mario's fireball, this bounces on the floor and walls)

special neutral in air: tanooki tail (super mario bros 3-Mario Kart Cool

Daisy gives a little twist with a tail of tanoki (or kitsune, in reference to luigi) this raises it a little, (the tail tanooki is in honor of mario bros 3, and although daisy does not appear in this game, if it can have the tail in mario kart Cool

Final Smash: Mega Strike (mario strikers)

Daisy gives a great leap, followed by her hand with a very strong crystal, and then gives a punch to a ball which falls with a brutal power on stage, and enemies who do not k.o. I freeze them

neutral attack: daisy of fast fists, are stronger but not as fast as the slaps of peach

side attack: Daisy gives a kick faster than the peach, but is not so strong, this can be chained (give several hits at the same time)

attack below: Daisy gives a sancadilla with its skateroollers, of mario tennis

attack up: na upwards kick that is stronger than peach, but not so fast

dash attack: Daisy makes a rascaladillo with its skateroollers that is stronger than the peach and faster

Airborne neutral: Daisy hits with a spinning kick while in the air

aerial up: daisy takes his crown and hits up is of the same strength as the peach but faster

air back: unlike peach kick back

air below: daisy gives two strong kicks are more fierce than those of peach, but in smaller quantity

daisy grabs her foe with a pose ready to hit

lateral grip: he gives a little lansamiento to his opponent and hits him with his racket

grip up: he hits him with his hands in the form of volleyball reception, and raises him up

grip down: give a strong kick from top to bottom with your skates

smash up: after reloading it gives a jump and hits a dice of mario party, the number is random, but if it leaves 10, daisy is healed slightly

smash down: daisy recharges, and begins to spin like peach, this lasts less but is stronger and can generate the flower effect

smash side: daisy recharges a bat with which it can reflect certain objects, this can generate the flower effect[/spoiler]

I'm sorry it's so long, maybe I'm excited

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Currently Playing: Enter The Gungeon, on a Religious level
Waifu: George from Skullgir
Ace: show
Well you see. Now that you have Luffy :luffy: , naturally you HAVE to have his brother Ace and I've already came it with (Most) of the move-set and will now share it as follows.

ALSO: Most, if not ALL of these moves should have a fire effect. But not necessarily do fire DAMAGE
Any moves you dont know just watch this helpful handy video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ySC_7E44Wg

Neutral Attacks- Standard Ground: Just a basic punch, punch, rapid-fire format with flames because of obvious devil fruit reasons.
Dash Attack: Ace could do a 2 punch attack, much like Luigi's arm flailing from the Nintendo smash games, but 2 punches

Tilts- Up tilt: Uppercut
Down tilt: Leg Sweep (360 Degrees)
(Side) Forward tilt: Two punches very quickly

Smashes- Up smash: Charging animation is ace on his back and releasing makes him stand on his head and extend his feet upward
Down smash: Hibashira
(Side) Forward smash: Kyokaen (On a much smaller scale)

Aerials- Up aerial: Punches straight up
Down aerial: Crashes down feet first (While flaming) like a meteor
Forward aerial: Breathes a burst of fire, much like Orcane's Fair from Rivals of Aether
Back aerial: Does a backwards somersault (Starting with the head naturally)
Neutral aerial: Hidaruma (quickly)

Grabs and Throws- Grab: Dashes forward a bit and reaches out
Pummel: Head but
F throw: Creates a fire bat and hits them with it
B throw: Leap frogs opponent between legs (Should be easily combo'd into Bair)
U throw: Simple toss up-wards
D throw: Slams character on ground and slams them with both hands (Clamped)

Specials- Standard Special: Higan
Side Special: Kagero
Up Special: Engulfed in a Tornado of fire and smoke as depicted in the Anime that can be controlled
Down Special: Does a Kaio-ken type charge and the "kaio-ken" form could be Ace covered in fire like with it coming out of his fingertips and hair and body as depicted in the anime as well. (Specifically the Smoke and Ace fight)

Entrance animation: A wanted poster with ace on it could blow in front of where the sprite would spawn (Kinda like the commercial transitions from, surprise, the anime)
Victory Scene (Little animation after you win)- Entei
(If you guys had losers in the background it'd be Ace on his knees like his death scene)

Last edited by DeadEyeRoberts on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:50 pm

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
Use a box guys: show
like this!

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Petey Piranha: show
Series: Mario
First Appearance: Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)
Description: A large, mutated Piranha Plant, Petey Piranha has been a recurring boss in the Mario series since his debut in Super Mario Sunshine, and has even made a few playable appearances in spin-offs, often being cast as the series' typical "wildcard" character. Though he looks like a Piranha Plant, he differs starkly from a normal one. For one, unlike his pipe-dwelling cousins, he has legs that allow him to walk. He additionally has two, leaf-like arms that double as wings. He also has a unique ability of sorts to upchuck goop. He also possesses phenomenal physical strength that rivals or even surpasses that of Bowser's.

Basic Playstyle: As he is typically categorized in spin-off games he has a playable appearance in, Petey Piranha is a large, heavyweight character much like Bowser and Donkey Kong. Unlike either of them however, his leaf-like arms provide him four midair jumps that he can use to his advantage. This, coupled with actually being heavier than Bowser, makes him extremely difficult to KO unless you know how to edgeguard well. However, unlike other heavyweights, Petey's attacks are rather short-ranged and for the most part don't deal a lot of damage. His air game is good compared to others in his weight class however, and his smash attacks can be potential KO moves if landed correctly. Furthermore, his special attacks make him an excellent character for stage control if used correctly.

Ground Attacks
Jab: A spinning jab with his leaf-like hand, followed by another jab. The third attack has him spin the other way, knocking opponents away.
Ftilt: A side kick.
Fsmash: A lunge forward, chomping. Has a very brief hitbox just as he chomps that, if hit, can deal major damage.
Utilt: Faces upward and bites.
Usmash: Jumps upward and bites. Like his fsmash, it has a brief, yet powerful hitbox.
Dtilt: A clap close to the ground.
Dsmash: A headbutt, which while powerful has a lot of endlag. Based off of his headbutt attack in Super Mario Sunshine.
Dash: Dives forward, chomping opponents. Somewhat based on his Piranha Catch technique from Mario Super Sluggers.

Aerial Attacks
Nair: A somersault. Acts as a sex kick.
Fair: A downwards headbutt, which has a chance of meteor smashing opponents if timed correctly. Comparable to Donkey Kong's fair.
Bair: A backwards kick.
Uair: A chomp upwards, like his utilt.
Dair: Dives straight downward towards the ground headfirst, meteor smashing opponents he hits, albeit he won't stop until he hits the ground. Comparable to Wario's former dair.

Grabs
Grab: Bites forward, grabs an opponent with his mouth.
Pummel: Chomps on the opponent.
Fthrow: Spits the opponent forward.
Bthrow: Spits the opponent backward.
Uthrow: Spits the opponent upward.
Dthrow: Spits the opponent at the ground.

Others
Ledge: Swings his leaf-like hand around as he gets up.
100% Ledge: Spins around with both leaf-like hands as he gets up.
Floor: Spins around as he gets up.

Special Moves

Neutral Special - Goop: Similar to Wario's Chomp, Petey Piranha opens his mouth. The mouth can be held open by holding the special button. This doesn't really have an effect otherwise, though if a projectile is fired into his mouth, he will eat it. After five projectiles have been eaten (sometimes less if one of them is as powerful as Samus' fully-charged Charge Beam), he will begin glowing brown for a few seconds. In this state and only in this state, he is able to spit goop around the stage by pressing the special button. Each glob of goop damages opponents as it travels through the air, though will gradually damage them while on the ground. Goobies will begin appearing on the stage if enough goop is spit out, who will jump at opponents, popping on them for further damage. In some cases, a Polluted Piranha may also appear, who will spit goop projectiles at opponents. Once Petey stops flashing brown, he cannot spit goop anymore.

Side Special - Tweester: Petey Piranha spins around and causes a Tweester to appear, much like his battle in Super Mario Sunshine. It will travel forward a short distance and capture opponents, taking them back to Petey. This can be used to effectively capture them in a dsmash or fsmash, sometimes securing a KO.

Up Special - Piranha Spin: Petey Piranha spins around enough to propel himself upward. He can move left and right freely in this state, damaging opponents he makes contact with. After awhile, he will slow down and enter a helpless state.

Down Special - Piranha Sprout: Based on an attack in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time where Petey Piranha would spit a Piranha Pest to attack Mario, Luigi, and their baby counterparts, Petey spits a Piranha Sprout from Yoshi's Story. It will walk around the stage, attacking nearby opponents it sees. However, it can be defeated in a few simple attacks. If left alone though, it will bury itself into the ground and either grow into a Piranha Plant, Fire Piranha Plant, or Ice Piranha Plant. Piranha Plants would chomp at nearby enemies, dealing damage, while Fire Piranha Plants and Ice Piranha Plants would spit fire and ice projectiles respectively. Like the Piranha Sprouts, they can be defeated with a few attacks. Up to two Piranha Sprouts can be on-stage at once.

Final Smash - Goopy Inferno: Petey Piranha roars and begins spitting goop everywhere. This eventually covers the entire stage in goop, making it a more extreme version of his neutral special. Goobies and Polluted Piranhas will still grow out of the goop, and it has the same effects. After awhile, it will eventually dry up.

I did my best to make this moveset different from the one he has in Crusade. Thoughts?

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 am

pokerninja2 wrote:
Petey Piranha: show
Series: Mario
First Appearance: Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)
Description: A large, mutated Piranha Plant, Petey Piranha has been a recurring boss in the Mario series since his debut in Super Mario Sunshine, and has even made a few playable appearances in spin-offs, often being cast as the series' typical "wildcard" character. Though he looks like a Piranha Plant, he differs starkly from a normal one. For one, unlike his pipe-dwelling cousins, he has legs that allow him to walk. He additionally has two, leaf-like arms that double as wings. He also has a unique ability of sorts to upchuck goop. He also possesses phenomenal physical strength that rivals or even surpasses that of Bowser's.

Basic Playstyle: As he is typically categorized in spin-off games he has a playable appearance in, Petey Piranha is a large, heavyweight character much like Bowser and Donkey Kong. Unlike either of them however, his leaf-like arms provide him four midair jumps that he can use to his advantage. This, coupled with actually being heavier than Bowser, makes him extremely difficult to KO unless you know how to edgeguard well. However, unlike other heavyweights, Petey's attacks are rather short-ranged and for the most part don't deal a lot of damage. His air game is good compared to others in his weight class however, and his smash attacks can be potential KO moves if landed correctly. Furthermore, his special attacks make him an excellent character for stage control if used correctly.

Ground Attacks
Jab: A spinning jab with his leaf-like hand, followed by another jab. The third attack has him spin the other way, knocking opponents away.
Ftilt: A side kick.
Fsmash: A lunge forward, chomping. Has a very brief hitbox just as he chomps that, if hit, can deal major damage.
Utilt: Faces upward and bites.
Usmash: Jumps upward and bites. Like his fsmash, it has a brief, yet powerful hitbox.
Dtilt: A clap close to the ground.
Dsmash: A headbutt, which while powerful has a lot of endlag. Based off of his headbutt attack in Super Mario Sunshine.
Dash: Dives forward, chomping opponents. Somewhat based on his Piranha Catch technique from Mario Super Sluggers.

Aerial Attacks
Nair: A somersault. Acts as a sex kick.
Fair: A downwards headbutt, which has a chance of meteor smashing opponents if timed correctly. Comparable to Donkey Kong's fair.
Bair: A backwards kick.
Uair: A chomp upwards, like his utilt.
Dair: Dives straight downward towards the ground headfirst, meteor smashing opponents he hits, albeit he won't stop until he hits the ground. Comparable to Wario's former dair.

Grabs
Grab: Bites forward, grabs an opponent with his mouth.
Pummel: Chomps on the opponent.
Fthrow: Spits the opponent forward.
Bthrow: Spits the opponent backward.
Uthrow: Spits the opponent upward.
Dthrow: Spits the opponent at the ground.

Others
Ledge: Swings his leaf-like hand around as he gets up.
100% Ledge: Spins around with both leaf-like hands as he gets up.
Floor: Spins around as he gets up.

Special Moves

Neutral Special - Goop: Similar to Wario's Chomp, Petey Piranha opens his mouth. The mouth can be held open by holding the special button. This doesn't really have an effect otherwise, though if a projectile is fired into his mouth, he will eat it. After five projectiles have been eaten (sometimes less if one of them is as powerful as Samus' fully-charged Charge Beam), he will begin glowing brown for a few seconds. In this state and only in this state, he is able to spit goop around the stage by pressing the special button. Each glob of goop damages opponents as it travels through the air, though will gradually damage them while on the ground. Goobies will begin appearing on the stage if enough goop is spit out, who will jump at opponents, popping on them for further damage. In some cases, a Polluted Piranha may also appear, who will spit goop projectiles at opponents. Once Petey stops flashing brown, he cannot spit goop anymore.

Side Special - Tweester: Petey Piranha spins around and causes a Tweester to appear, much like his battle in Super Mario Sunshine. It will travel forward a short distance and capture opponents, taking them back to Petey. This can be used to effectively capture them in a dsmash or fsmash, sometimes securing a KO.

Up Special - Piranha Spin: Petey Piranha spins around enough to propel himself upward. He can move left and right freely in this state, damaging opponents he makes contact with. After awhile, he will slow down and enter a helpless state.

Down Special - Piranha Sprout: Based on an attack in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time where Petey Piranha would spit a Piranha Pest to attack Mario, Luigi, and their baby counterparts, Petey spits a Piranha Sprout from Yoshi's Story. It will walk around the stage, attacking nearby opponents it sees. However, it can be defeated in a few simple attacks. If left alone though, it will bury itself into the ground and either grow into a Piranha Plant, Fire Piranha Plant, or Ice Piranha Plant. Piranha Plants would chomp at nearby enemies, dealing damage, while Fire Piranha Plants and Ice Piranha Plants would spit fire and ice projectiles respectively. Like the Piranha Sprouts, they can be defeated with a few attacks. Up to two Piranha Sprouts can be on-stage at once.

Final Smash - Goopy Inferno: Petey Piranha roars and begins spitting goop everywhere. This eventually covers the entire stage in goop, making it a more extreme version of his neutral special. Goobies and Polluted Piranhas will still grow out of the goop, and it has the same effects. After awhile, it will eventually dry up.

I did my best to make this moveset different from the one he has in Crusade. Thoughts?

This moveset is pretty neat,but i have some notes:

I think that Neutral B should just work like it does in Crusade. His current Neutral B is useless against non-projectile users.
I love that Down B,but i'd get rid of the Fire/Ice Piranha Plants. They just make the move seem to overboard.
Why does Petey use so many kicks? His legs are tiny.
Also,this is just a suggestion. I've always seen Petey's headbutt from SMS as his FSmash and, considering that this is a Smash game, maybe he could swing the cages he had in SSE for his DSmash?

Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:29 pm
 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next