The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
What Game Made You a Gamer? 

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Not what was your first game, what made you very interested in video games?
Mine was Sonic CD (mobile phone)
I had just gotten a tablet and I decided to get some games. I saw sonic CD. everybody I knew hated the Blue Blur so I spotted them by getting it. it was amazing. I immediately got SA2 and Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 and I became a gamer. I later got KOTOR as well. Sonic CD holds a special place in my heart to this day.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:01 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I dunno man, games have always been in my life. There wasn't really a "f*** yeah, video games" moment

I can remember when I was really young, my cousin let me borrow his gameboy sometimes. I think the first game he taught me to play was Kirby's Dream Land. I can remember him showing me to hit my head on the blocks. I must've been 4 or so

We also played Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Frogger 2 (PS1) and those all still hold special places in my heart

Good question

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:43 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Hmmmm. I don't really have a single game that made me suddenly interested in videogames, but I can name a couple that got me hooked on certain aspects of the medium

Halo 3 got me into gaming as a means of socializing and having fun with friends and family, something that's still quite precious to me. I still miss the good old days when I'd call my cousins over so we could duel each other with Energy Swords or have a sniper rifle-only round of Slayer and then complain that one player was screen watching the other. Great times

On the other hand, Super Smash Bros. Brawl got me interested in gaming as something to explore. Seeing all those characters together from different franchises made me want to discover where they came from and try out their own games to see their stories, and this led me to certain series such as Zelda and Mother that I still love today

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:29 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Pretty sure it was either the first game I beat by myself (Super Mario 64) or the first game I actually played overall (DX-Ball)

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:15 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
flash games

im a 2000's kid

out of ideas here '-'

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:37 am

MGN Username: POWEROFPRO
Currently Playing: nothing
Probably Minecraft.

Last edited by 2spooky4you on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:56 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
flash games

Definitely agree with you (although I already don't play so much)

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 am

my mom and dad and older brothers were all into video games before i was even born so there wasn't ever a time when they weren't part of my life

saying "i was born a gamer" is incredibly cringy, but

(chrono trigger was the first game with an actual important story to follow that i beat. it was what made me see video games as more than just fun toys. i guess you can count that)

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm

MGN Username: Unknown
Currently Playing: AoE II
I emulated Final Fantasy VI on my phone, which led me to try VII on the computer, and then I started downloading emulators and Roms like crazy.
The only console I have and ever had is a Wii, I wasn't that interested in videogames though.

Mains: Image :isaac: :blackmage: :bomberman: :luffy: :naruto: :tails: :pacman: :ichigo: :sandbag: :lloyd: :sora: :goku:

Last edited by Meteor85 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
My father was into old videogames for pc so i had several videogames for pc ever since i have any memories
The first two that i played and fell in love with where both the Toy Story 2 game and Star Wars Episode I Racer

Though i think the first game i ever got into because of the story was mostly Super Mario RPG
being a kid and seeing so many plot subversions for the first time made me laugh a lot, nowadays i think the game can be very flawed objectively but it still holds a good place in my heart

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:54 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
my parents bought an n64 when i was very very young and my first games were smash 64 and mario 64 and some others, the first game i think i ever truly 100% loved was kirby 64. i think it was the first game i beat, like actually beat on my own. i found all the crystal shards and beat 02 and it was a very defining moment for me. paper mario 64 was another one of the first games i beat.

i think cave story was a bigger defining moment for me, i first played it on my first laptop when i was like 12 because someone posted about it in some message board or forum i stumbled across, i downloaded it and played it a bit but it was in japanese and difficult for me at the time (again, i was like 12) so i never got very far or anything and i lost my laptop to insane amounts of malware and viruses shortly after (AGAIN, i was like 12...) so years later, i was subscribed to nintendo power and saw their mini review of cave story on wiiware and i went “oh s*** i remember this”, and i bought it and played through it. i had never before been so moved by a videogame’s story, it retroactively made me appreciate and love all of the games i had played before, and every game i played afterwards. it singlehandedly and exponentially increased my love of video games and i think helped shape me into the person i am today.

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Mario Kart DS

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 am
YIM WWW

three things:

pokemon, no specific story but I was a pokekid

melee, every summer going to see my extended family of 30 cousins and playing smash like crazy with them, always losing with mewtwo but having insane amounts of fun with our tournaments

the halo trilogy, playing them dozens of times all the way through with my dad at the age of like 6. he always muted the volume though so that I didn't hear any swears (although I don't think there were any in halo? haha)

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:01 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I also cant really say one specific game. My older brother and dad both played games so I played a lot as a kid. I wanna say the original Halo though. That was likely the first I played where I was aware enough to know what I was doing and beat it by myself. I'm sure I played Ocarina before it but probably used a guide. Pokemon Ruby was the first game that I got really into that blew me away with how much it kept surprising me. Of course looking back now it's nothing super amazing but I still remember being blown away when a cousin showed me how to catch the Regis, well after I thought I had explored everything.

AMA

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:55 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
madam im adam wrote:
the halo trilogy, playing them dozens of times all the way through with my dad at the age of like 6. he always muted the volume though so that I didn't hear any swears (although I don't think there were any in halo? haha)

IIRC the worst you get from the marines is "son of a b****". Don't think there's actually ever been an F-bomb, though there's plenty of "damn" (if you count that as a swear). Generally though Halo is pleasantly pretty devoid of cussing for a FPS yeah

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 am
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next