The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:37 pm

[ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
MarkS Stage Sprites 
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: Killatores
Amazing that Water temple!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Currently Playing: probably melee
Oh my that water temple is gorgeous! For future though it might be better to look at without the character sprites in it, or at least post the original beside it.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 pm

MGN Username: MarkS

Right, here are my stages so far without the character sprites.
Currently I'm working on a Dodongo's cavern and a Bongo Bongo stage, both from Ocarina of Time. I'd like to do a Majora's Mask stage too, what with the recent news about the 3ds version, but I don't know what to do exactly, except maybe Stone Tower Temple or inside the moon.

Also, off topic, I'd like to change my name on the forums to MarkS, because that's what I use online. How do I change my username?

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:14 pm

MGN Username: TheRealHeroOfWinds
markd.self wrote:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Currently I'm working on a Dodongo's cavern and a Bongo Bongo stage, both from Ocarina of Time. I'd like to do a Majora's Mask stage too, what with the recent news about the 3ds version, but I don't know what to do exactly, except maybe Stone Tower Temple or inside the moon.

Also, off topic, I'd like to change my name on the forums to MarkS, because that's what I use online. How do I change my username?

Change your username: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2546

For a Majora's Mask stage I would try to make Ikana Valley or Deku Scrub Playground.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 pm

To do something other than stages I decided to update my Glover sprite sheet. It was not looking great, and after practicing on other things I thought I'd go back to it, add more frames, change to colours and shading, work a bit on the moveset.

Anyway the base sprite was done by someone called AJ Nitro.

Just thought I'd post it, see what criticism you can give it. Obviously I've mostly done stages, characters are quite different.

Shoot, forgot to ask. I used to use GIMP to animate and it worked perfectly, but since then I've started using windows 8, and now it doesn't work at all. I add (replace) to each frame but when I view it in playback it doesn't work. Also I can't save and export them like I used to and then view the animation in windows viewer, it sucks!
So. what program is similar to GIMP but would work on windows 8?

Last edited by MarkS on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:46 pm

MGN Username: TheRealHeroOfWinds
Hey this should help you: Welcome to Paint.NET

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 pm

MarkS wrote:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

7.8/10 "Too much water"
-IGN

jk They're awesome!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Cool thanks. I installed paint.net, but then I managed to get gimp working again so I'm back to using that. Paint.net seems pretty good though.

Anyway I was just wondering, how do I post a GIF onto here? For example, I animated Glover's run, and I want to show it here, what do I need to do? Imgur?

Here is something very early in development, just to give an idea what I'm working on.

Also, Ikana valley is a great idea, I'll look into it.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:48 am
I think the same process your using works, unless I'm wrong on what you're doing;
And looking good!

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Attempt 1.

Hmm it worked. Ok, I thought imgur was just for pictures, didn't know it could do gifs as well.

It seems to shrink the image though. If you right click on it and press 'View Image' you can see it better.

Anyway it's just the run animation for now, but I'll gradually post the other animations I have for him/it.

Last edited by MarkS on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:35 pm

MarkS wrote:
Attempt 1.

[ Image ]

Hmm it worked. Ok, I thought imgur was just for pictures, didn't know it could do gifs as well.

It seems to shrink the image though. If you right click on it and press 'View Image' you can see it better.

Anyway it's just the run animation for now, but I'll gradually post the other animations I have for him/it.

That's a perfect animation!

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 pm
Very smooth, I like it.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Image (down smash)

Image (forward smash)

Image (up smash)

Image Image (neutral special)

Just more examples of the sprite sheet update.

Oh the attacks in theory would have flash effects added later. The tip of the finger is the FSmash and USmash should have like a blue flash or something, and the NSpec should have a trail of smoke like from a pistol.

Last edited by MarkS on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:17 pm
MarkS wrote:
[ Image ] (down smash)

[ Image ] (forward smash)

[ Image ] (up smash)

[ Image ] [ Image ] (neutral special)

Just more examples of the sprite sheet update.

I'm not familiar with this Glover game,and I'm interested; how would each move work?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm

It was a game for the N64, and I think it was released on the Play Station later on but I'm not sure.
Basically it was this wizard that exploded and lost his gloves. To restore everything you had to guide a ball through each level and avoid falling and enemies.
It was one of my favourite games and I've always wanted Glover in smash bros.

His specials involve his rubber ball, and the rest either from what he could do in the game, like the down smash there, some are sort of made up or inspired by Glover 2, which was never released.

Anyway I'll keep updating the sheet and posting the animations, but it could take a while.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:32 pm
 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next