The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
Black Mage 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
The one good thing about Dsmash is it's lingering hitbox. It lasts super long. Still not a reason to use it though :pikachu:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:02 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Black Mage Tech: MLLC (Meteor Landing Lag Cancel)

This is a tech that can improve BM's poor movement options.

So lets start off with aerial Meteor, it comes out frame 3 and beats out most moves that aren't a straight disjoint. Now when you try doing short hop Meteors, you will notice that BM gets some lag while he is throwing out the move as he lands, completely stopping any aerial momentum you had at that point. This is due to the fact that you launched the Meteor close to the ground, enabling this lag that looks similar to a grounded Meteor.

This tech isn't possible off of a short hop, as you don't have enough height on your shorthop to release the Meteor before you hit the ground, causing the aforementioned lag.

Now start this off by doing an aerial Meteor, either from a full hop or while you are descending from the air. The trick of this tech is to release the Meteor with enough time for the 2nd Meteor hitbox to come out (This is the flaming Meteor for discretion). When BM normally throws out an aerial Meteor, he goes through a flip where he cant do anything, the endlag from aerial Meteor. You will need to release Meteor so that BM lands while in this state.

If you do this correctly, BM will land with no landing lag and can transfer his aerial speed into a dash immediately after landing. This is a great tool when BM is feeling pressured as he can immediately retreat out of it to reset the neutral game. BM can also get lots of small combos off of this that give him stage control. As he has the meteor pressuring his opponent, this can lead into a dashgrab, Haste, or if the opponent is hit by the Meteor, this can be excellent for following up on that hit, usually with a fair or RAR bair.

Hope this small tech can help your BM in new ways!

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 am

you should switch his down b and neutral b and stopra should be a counter where more dangerous attacks result in longer stop meteor can stay the same but it should be reversible like the falcon punch but black mage should stay the same and the only way to tell it was going backwards would be when the meteor starts falling :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: also his final smash should be avoidable thank you for listening and continually updating this game

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:56 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
you can already reverse the direction of DownB/Meteor.
Let us kill the Wild Encounter :3

Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 am

Geno wrote:
Discuss Black Mage specific gameplay here.

you should change his down b and neatrul b and make stop a counter and the level of stop depends on the strengh of the attack kinda like bayonettas witch time but they just freeze it should be pretty easy since marths counter makes the opponent freeze for around a second before he attacks. also his final smash is impossible to avoid plz make the waves come slower like taboo in brawl make the rings spaced enough so others can spot dodge :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: thanks for updating this game activley glad to see this project not end up like project m so sad. also tip for the forums have newest posts be on the first page i mean whos travelling to page 18 for a question

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:20 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sirscrap wrote:
thanks for updating this game activley glad to see this project not end up like project m so sad. also tip for the forums have newest posts be on the first page i mean whos travelling to page 18 for a question

It's really easy to reach the latest post, don't worry. The next time you come to a thread where you haven't read the last post (as indicated by an orange title instead of a grey one), look at the right-most column that says "Last Post". It will have the name of the person who last commented, and an arrow next to their name. Click that arrow, and you will be taken to the newest post in the thread. :)

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Currently Playing: ROBLOX, SSF2
Iv'e found a cool glitch with Black Mage, well i was using the Sans mod, but Sans is just a retextured Black Mage so it works with Black Mage, too. I was once at the side of the tallest part of the actual castle, not the platforms, and SMG4 (a.k.a Mario, Just more retarded) was at the other side, and i used :blackmage: 's dashing-punching attack thing and i went right through the wall to get him.
And when he stopped attacking *bang* i was at the opposite side of the castle tower! Cool though! :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
dashing-punching attack thing

Haste.
The move you're looking for is Haste. :gameandwatch:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Waifu: ... I have a few...
Iv'e found a cool glitch with Black Mage, well i was using the Sans mod, but Sans is just a retextured Black Mage so it works with Black Mage, too. I was once at the side of the tallest part of the actual castle, not the platforms, and SMG4 (a.k.a Mario, Just more retarded) was at the other side, and i used :blackmage: 's dashing-punching attack thing and i went right through the wall to get him.
And when he stopped attacking *bang* i was at the opposite side of the castle tower! Cool though! :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage: :blackmage:

Same thing with a lot of moves, Ichigo's sword goes straight through that castle tower... :ichigo:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:22 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Bedoop wrote:
dashing-punching attack thing

Haste.
The move you're looking for is Haste. :gameandwatch:

Dashing punching attack thing sounds funny to me LOL

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Hello Black mage mains! I have made a Discord server dedicated to the character Black mage! You can join to discuss this character, fight fellow Mages, and outsiders can come in to learn the Black Mage Matchup! If you wish to join, click this link: https://discord.gg/WB4Xv8y

Hope to see you there! :blackmage:

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:23 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
oooor. we can discuss Black Mage stuff here? Is this place ok? I wanna try a new place to chat. so lets chat here, just click this link http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=39262#p1326584

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:47 pm

I've never seen Black Mage pull out a sword. But when I was facing a CPU it pulled out a sword. Is this even possible?

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:21 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
EW126 wrote:
I've never seen Black Mage pull out a sword. But when I was facing a CPU it pulled out a sword. Is this even possible?

That's Black Mage's >100% ledge attack, and yes he pulls out a sword

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Corvid Crow wrote:
EW126 wrote:

That's Black Mage's >100% ledge attack, and yes he pulls out a sword

Thanks for telling me that

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:22 am
 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next