The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 pm

[ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
The Awakening: Exodus 
Site Admin

Accepted, do you have a preference for your current location?

You have the option of inside New Moscow, inside the Kremlin, on "The Track", nearby New Moscow, etc.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I guess I'll start in the Kremlin.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Posting to show interest and to remind myself to maybe take a crack at a profile for this later.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Hmm interesting. Seems dead though.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:41 am

Waifu: I'm married
it wouldn't be dead if everyone wasn't dicking around in each post

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:31 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Also if someone was willing to take the wheel for a bit until...October/late September-ish...>.>

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:52 pm
Site Admin

Curse you KP. Curse you.

Anyways, I reallllly didn't want to throw more on my plate, but I feel like I killed it while it was too young, there's a pretty significant surprise in this world that I wanted to work up to and since no one was willing to take over I decided to kick start this once again. Also KP's posting in the topic brought it, and all I had planned for it back in my head...and once I have ideas I need to spit them out or I'll go crazy...

I think I'm going to run this as a sort of not everyday thing but more of a twice/three times a week update, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, as those days are most convenient for me. If I suddenly have a whole bunch of time or if there's some great plot development I may decide to suddenly post that day to keep things going while people are in the mood. Remember folks...you don't need me to run EVERY RP ASPECT. Feel free to whip up your NPCs to keep the world running without me, or interact with the other characters. I may come up with a bestiary later to further help with the whole world development. Feel free to travel where ever you want, check the 3rd post to see what part leads to where.

Previously on The Awakening

The Centennial Anniversary of New Moscow, the acclaimed gem of the world, brings together people from various walks of life and far away lands to celebrate. However, the festivities would be short lived as Dr. Maksim Von Aristo, a brilliant scientist and Mental supremacist urged his fellow Mental comrades to rise up and quench those without mental abilities. This led to an eruption of mass hysteria and chaos as friend turned against friend, father against son, mental against non-mental and their mental sympathizers. Those who could escape the city before its doors shut escaped into the surrounding wilderness, while others took shelter in the Kremlin Ruins.

Those who remained within the cold confines of the once great city, lay in constant threat of being attacked by gangs looting and raiding the abandoned homes. This, however, is one of their lesser problems, the bright lights of the city have attracted beetles, mutated through years of radiation exposure to giant sizes rivalling small cars from the era prior to the Night of White. Instinctively they began to attack anyone and anything that was not edible to the monstrous creatures, attacking humans and standing buildings.

In the heart of the decrepit Kremlin Ruins, Ivan Gaf and Hadrian carefully observe Trisha Lei and Frank Chase. They are both unaware of the presence of the two men though they both know they aren't alone in the ruins. Meanwhile Patrick Atkins, the young technopath, wanders aimlessly throughout the ancient ruins unsure of where to go. Bartholomew C., another traveller who happened upon the sanctuary that is the Krelmin leaned against an ancient pillar in relief having left the chaos of New Moscow. Unfortunately for him, the pillar tumbled and crashed to the ground loudly, catching the attention of the fore mentioned parties who contemplate whether it would be a good idea to investigate the loud disturbance within the normally silent ruins.

Meanwhile in the outskirts of New Moscow on a path heading into the dense forest to the East, Pitre and the child Anya walk towards what could possibly be a nearby town. The scent of food, and the promise of warmth is enticing, but Pitre remains hesitant. As the young child walks into the clearing she realizes that they have not happened upon a town but have in fact encountered a band of bandits. They immediately approach the frightened girl, intrigued.

Back inside New Moscow, there seemed to be no end to the chaos. Nikolai, the technopath, managed to drill a hole through the earth underneath the wall and they all cheered at their accomplishment, however their excitement would be short lived. Outside the house, they heard a girl scream to which Josef immediately ran out of the house screaming "Olivia!". Little Nikolai followed after his brother in his rush and Granny chased after the child but was too late, as two other screams were heard. Three women stood triumphantly over the bodies of Olivia, Josef and Nikolai who were apparently dead. Arthur Fedor attempted to walk outside the house but Granny turned to his direction and he found that he could no longer move. What happened next he would never be able to understand, at least not for a while, giant stones and various abandoned crates levitated and began to orbit around Granny. It was clear the old woman was exerting herself immensely, but using all her strength she attacked the women with the stones and crates. One of the girls began to float off the ground, and then the other, and then the last and they were spun violently and flung to the wall of New Moscow with a crack. They crumpled to the ground, dead. The house began to creak, and looking back at Arthur once more, Granny smiled a toothless grin and collapsed. It was then that the entire house collapsed upon Arthur.

Elias Habanero, and Tanya Wu who had discovered that the source of the illusions was from a mad man whom they came to know as India Soulonas through the use of Elias' abilities. They all heard the great crack as the house began to collapse on Arthur and rushed over in time to see the old woman collapse, (not witnessing her telekinetic feat), and the house fall on Arthur who immediately protected himself, as well as the hole, that young Nikolai had drilled, by creating a force field around himself. Together Elias and Tanya began to dig Arthur from the rubble, while India watched, distancing himself as usual, though unusually much more aware of the danger of his present situation within New Moscow and its chaos. Eventually digging Arthur out from the rubble, they all introduced themselves to each other, once again India remained distanct and Elias introduced the man to Arthur himself. Arthur then told them about the hole and the four of them climbed through the hole and escaped from New Moscow. They found themselves on a great plain to which three paths went in different directions. They then contemplated which path to take, one that led to great rolling hills in the distance, one that led to a dense forest, or one that led to great sweeping mountains.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so the aim of this for now is to travel, hence the exodus. Feel free to cross paths with each other. Feel free to be hostile to each other. Want to hunt down Dr. what's his face? Go ahead. Also as an fyi. I've bolded all the major cities in the known world in the 3rd post, they're not as "grand" as New Moscow was but they're still large. So yeah...

New joiners, you're all outside of New Moscow.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:12 pm
Site Moderator

Still in, just let do a couple things first.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim
I'm interested in this. In love with the premise & seems like a suitable introduction to RPing on this forum.
I'll work on a profile when I'm not occupied.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Seeing as how I'm the one who bugged you into doing this, it would be pretty stupid for me to not be in.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Mandolin
will do once I get back from washington

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Still in, however I may have to drop out later due to Senior year schooling commitments

Children - Geno

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Double confirmation and all that. I'm most definitely in.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:58 am

Still in! Even though I haven't posted yet. Yeah.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Not even an act of God, read flood, will keep from this. In like a knife in the back.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:52 am
 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next