The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kewpo 

Location: That one house in that one city in that one county in that one state in that one country.
Currently Playing: Pokemon White
I wanted to try Role Playing for a while now. Let's do this.

Name: Kewpo
Species: Human--Mage
Hometown: Earth

Personality: Calm, laid back, doesn't like when people freak out about stupid little things, sort of cowardly, has a short temper. Smart, funny, also uses tons of sarcasm.
Characteristics: Skinny, average height, little to no muscular bulk. Brown hair, glasses.

-An excellent magic user, he can cast basic magic. He also discovered and mastered new magic that he stores as different shaped disks. These disks are stored in his Slot: a belt he invented to hold the disks along with the magic in them. He can summon magic easily through the Slot by simply grabbing a disk off the Slot, crushing it in hand to release the magic; and finally rendering the magic. Kewpo also can generate weapons stored in disks, and can summon and use them the same way he can with magic.

Favourite magic:
(I'm calling it simply "magic" because "spell" sounds too commonly used, and using just "magic" makes it seem more RPGish. Casts magic would sort of be the verbified version of it.)
Kewpo has a favourite magic for each of these elements:
Fire
Quick Heat: Makes the atoms in specific spots move so fast, that in a few seconds the small area explodes with heat and fire. This can be done rapidly, but the explosions takes a while.

Water
Water Column: Huge columns of water are launched out, drenching anything in it's path. It can be dangerous to use, as the giant columns are hard to bring down if it were necessary.

Air
Wind Hurl: A dense wind is hurled at an enemy with amazing force. The wind knocks back the enemy up to 15 feet. It can be also used in close combat to get the opponent further away.

Plant
Nature Dance: Sharp leafs, twigs, and other plant junk is summoned, and flows with the movements of Kewpo. A normal punch becomes a deadly slice of plants, a kick becomes a slamming branch.

Rock
Rock Rain: Rocks and pieces of earth are sent up using Air power, and dropped extra quickly with the help of extra Gravity power, pummeling anything underneath the barrage.

Electric
Shock Impulse: A shockwave is shot at an opponent at amazing speeds. It paralyzes any living creature for a bit, as well as giving them a pretty strong electrical shock.

Metal
(Metal magic is used to increase the capabilities of weapons)
Sharpen: Has various uses on metal weapons. It can make them lighter, heavier, sharper, shinier, etc.

Break
(Break magic is a special magic that enhances the user's capabilities. Break is an invisible substance that can only be made through Break magic. It is unknown what it is exactly, or where it came from. It is called "Break" because the user breaks away from their usual boundaries. Break magic takes up a lot of energy to use.)
Break-Guard: Creates a Break-material shield around the whole body for about 1 second. There is no known substance that can break the material.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm
Site Moderator

-What kinda name is "Kewpo"? Would've skipped it, but he's human on Earth.
-He's a young teen, he has a age. Don't put "???" Actually, skimming at the rest, his abilities seem a bit too many
-Discovered magic? Stored with what kind of discs? I assume they're special, considering they can store presumably non-magical objects such as weapons.

...Eh, not really feeling like talking about the rest, maybe someone else will do that.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Background?
Appearance?

It's hard to visualize a complete character without these important things.
I also agree with Runekn, a lot of that stuff kind of defies the idea of being human (outside of the magic, because it's RP)

And, does Break magic basically destroy matter as we know it, or does it follow physical laws and transfer the matter into a different form?

Sat May 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Location: That one house in that one city in that one county in that one state in that one country.
Dude, it's roleplaying. It doesn't need to make sense. It's like Pokemon and Yugioh. How the poop do creatures fit in these magical red and white balls/how do monsters come out of cards. These discs are flat, small symbol thingies that have a hole in the middle, so I called them disks.

What kind of name is Technomancer Greene?
Kewpo.
It's a name I've grown to love. It's a variation of "kupo", a saying Moogles would say in the Kingdom Hearts series to Sora. Who honestly judges names? A name is a name. I'm naming my kids names no parent ever named their kids. Cry and die about it. He's still human.

Is age really that important? If you write down an age, say 15, the next year he would be technically 16, but in like an anime or something he's still be 15. Ash Ketchum is like "20 years old". You just need to known he's a teen.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:09 pm
Site Admin

Well it depends, is there a relevant reason why he doesn't know his age? Was he orphaned? Amnesia?

Sat May 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Whimzer wrote:
Background?
Appearance?

It's hard to visualize a complete character without these important things.
I also agree with Runekn, a lot of that stuff kind of defies the idea of being human (outside of the magic, because it's RP)

And, does Break magic basically destroy matter as we know it, or does it follow physical laws and transfer the matter into a different form?

I plan on doing background story and stuff tommorow. Its like past midnight here, and it took me like 30 minutes to type that all up.

Break is sort of hard to explain. I imagine it as like this purple material. It's like this purple energy that's super hard. things just bounce off it.
**EDIT: Perfect example: barrier and aura effects from the Megaman Battle Network series. Youtube it.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Kiki wrote:
Well it depends, is there a relevant reason why he doesn't know his age? Was he orphaned? Amnesia?

:hmph: I'll figure out the detail soon.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Kewpo wrote:
Dude, it's roleplaying. It doesn't need to make sense. It's like Pokemon and Yugioh. How the poop do creatures fit in these magical red and white balls/how do monsters come out of cards. These discs are flat, small symbol thingies that have a hole in the middle, so I called them disks.

What kind of name is Technomancer Greene?
Kewpo.
It's a name I've grown to love. It's a variation of "kupo", a saying Moogles would say in the Kingdom Hearts series to Sora. Who honestly judges names? A name is a name. I'm naming my kids names no parent ever named their kids. Cry and die about it. He's still human.

Is age really that important? If you write down an age, say 15, the next year he would be technically 16, but in like an anime or something he's still be 15. Ash Ketchum is like "20 years old". You just need to known he's a teen.

RPing isn't a game nor a goddamn baby anime.

RPing is serious s*** and most dedicated RPs aren't random s*** thrown around as if there are no physical laws or simple details in the universe.

You can make up s*** however you like as long as you have a plausible explanation with some kind of base.

You're just like the Fantasy Sci Fi faggots who say classic/traditional Sci Fi is crap because it's too realistic and too deeply based in physics and biochemistry and Sci Fi should be whatever you want it to be.
That's how steaming piles of s*** like Dune are created, and I will not have the sanctity of my RP section infected that the "who gives a s***" virus.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:14 pm

I can put s!@#$* in front of words, too.
Can you explain magic? No. How about everything that can't be explained is magic. Neither of the stuff (magic, the shazz on the first post) is real, so why except one and not the other?
By the way, deeply offended by "baby anime".
Maybe I'm just a more open person who doesn't want to RP with all the limitations of life mixed in. Maybe some people use RPing to get away from the restrictions of physics and all that crap.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Most of what's in life translates into RP.

If it goes against natural laws, it's defined as Godmodding.

And furthermore, you can easily base things on physical laws.
For example:

Magic can be defined as an extension of a strong chi or life energy of a person, where it becomes concentrated enough to take a tangible form. It exists as a type of matter and follows the law of conservation of energy. Even if the fire dissipates after being cast, the energy from the aura doesn't vanish, but is absorbed by other forms of life and is recycled into their aura or chi.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:32 pm
Site Moderator

Perhaps magic is bending the surroundings in a slightly realistic way (for instance, using the heat around you to create a fireball). Perhaps it's using a element that can be converted into something else (Mana). Perhaps it's calling the gods to aid in whatever you ask. Or we could just cut the middle man and say it's one bending reality to their whims (just hope that Reality doesn't notice). Really it depends on the setting; One of the important aspects in most RPs.

And not sure what you're going on, Technomancer refers to my Profession, and Greene is well, a actual name.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Whimmy, I realize you're trying, but please show some patience. After all, you will never have many subjects if you drive them away before they can join under your banner!

Kewpo, to be horribly blunt, you do not deserve our help-or even the time necessary to read through your sheet-- if you are going to be as defensive as you are now. The first step in learning any art, mayhap writing especially so, is accepting somebody's perspective on your work- it is little but impractical to try and improve with the close-mindedness you seem to be holding so dearly. I ask you to put hostility aside and give us a chance, and in return we will offer our experience and perception, though I can only guarantee we mean well- how we express it is up to the individuals in question.

If you understand and are willing to accept our aide, even if it is harshly put, begin building off of what my two cohorts have observed. And if I might provide a bit of advice, -build- off of it- do not seek to fill in the blanks on an individual basis. It is much more convenient for us-and less stressing for you-- if a question asked is promptly answered in the biography, not a separate post in the same thread.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:28 am

Whimzer didn't exactly sound like he was giving tips or whatever, but other than that yeah sure I'm up for aide.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Technomancer Greene wrote:
Perhaps magic is bending the surroundings in a slightly realistic way (for instance, using the heat around you to create a fireball). Perhaps it's using a element that can be converted into something else (Mana). Perhaps it's calling the gods to aid in whatever you ask. Or we could just cut the middle man and say it's one bending reality to their whims (just hope that Reality doesn't notice). Really it depends on the setting; One of the important aspects in most RPs.

And not sure what you're going on, Technomancer refers to my Profession, and Greene is well, a actual name.

I was joking about the name part.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Kewpo wrote:
Whimzer didn't exactly sound like he was giving tips or whatever, but other than that yeah sure I'm up for aide.

Asking for a description of appearance and a bio isn't giving tips?
Telling you that most serious RPers have a base of rules isn't giving tips?

Sun May 22, 2011 10:03 pm
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next