The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 pm

[ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
The Omnivident 

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Hey, can I use a famous Alchemist? I want to use Nicholas Flamel. Can I?

Last edited by Nixter on Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2012 5:50 pm
Site Admin

A famous alchemist for what? An ancestor?

Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Kiki wrote:
A famous alchemist for what? An ancestor?

Y'know, alchemists found out how to be immortal, Nicholas Flamel.Well he took him in as an apprentice and sent him off to the academy.

Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Name: Carter Gram Nickname: Carty
Year: 1st
Appearance: Slender male, brown hair, green eyes, long legs, short torso
Personality: Carter is a very curious boy. He likes playing with elements, he likes solving problems, although he may be curious, he knows his boundaries. He only adventures into what he knows atleast alittle bit about. He wants to find new things, yet he knows that if he touches that black glowing stone, he's mostly going to kill himself. He hates when others are belittled and will defend others. He likes thinking of solutions to problems people would otherwise not find. He takes pride in his work, and is not very humble. He likes it when things go his way, and will get whiny and upset if they don't.
Biography: Carter used to go to White paw elementry, a small school that had a low budget cut, even though things were tough in the school, bad kids who bullied others, Carter hated to see them get hurt, so one day he tried to stand up for them, he got punched straight to the head, sending him to the floor, the kids laughed, and then Carter saw a loose flier on the ground, something in his head told him to grab it, he took ahold of it, it became from a loose peice of paper to a stone slab, he rushed to the bully and slammed it straight to his chest, the kids were astonished, some even fled the scene. A teacher arrived soon after, and halled Carter to the office, as he was being taken to the office, a man came around the hall, he seemed very unsanitary, he stared at Carter, and sterly said, "Did you use your crystal?" Carter, who had no idea what he was talking about replied, "Um... Who are you?" Carter wondered why the teacher wasn't saying anything, or why the bell hasn't rang yet, then he noticed that time stopped. The man said again, "Did you use your crystal?" Carter replied, "No! I don't know what crystal you are talkign about! Can you explain all of this? I made paper turn into stone! How did I do that? How did you stop time?" The man sighed, "You don't know what you're doing, are you? Very well. I am Nicholas Flammel, I'm an alchemist. And you. You need to learn some things, come with me, I can teach you things you never would conjure up." It turns out, he's part of the academy, so that's how he joined.
Skills: Carter is a good public speaker, as he stands up for the little ones. He is very likeble, and he will make friends with those who are kind hearted. He's also a quick thinker, able to switch up a plan on the spot.
Weapon(s):
Roommate:

Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm
Site Admin

Ok going to make a few edits to your bio and be sure to read it after I post it.

Sat May 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Ok.

Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Can he also make it turn into scissors?

Sat May 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm glad someone caught on to that.

Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 pm
Site Admin

k edits made to keep things more secretive to the public, and make more sense since an immortal being would probably be filthy rich because they've had centuries to accumulate wealth...>.> Also. He is going to make for an interesting NPC.

Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm
Site Admin

Also as an fyi, I'm going to be choosey with the arte you pick because I don't want too many of certain types of artes so...get em while they're hot.

Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
You can kill off my character in the awakening. I'll possibly write something up later tonight or tomorrow.

Sat May 19, 2012 7:29 pm
Site Admin

Oh sure, I won't be moving it for a while until I sit down and figure out what I want to happen with most of them. The only general idea I have for any characters involves Anya and Pitre.

Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm

K, here goes.

Name: Logan Douglas

Year: 2nd

Appearance: Logan has his father's ruddy complexion emerald eyes. He takes care to always keep his short red hair in a perpetual state of dishevelment. He stands at an average height and boasts a slightly stocky build. He is absolutely infatuated with the color green and applies it wherever he can, which his unfortunate fashion choices typically reflect.

Personality: Logan always tries to stay chipper, even to a fault. If any kind of negative feelings surface, he keeps it under lock and key until he reaches his breaking point. This makes it very difficult for others to read his emotional state, unless done supernaturally.

He is very extraverted and relishes time spent getting to know others. He has grown quite adept at reading people and is a good judge of character. People often grow weary of his tales of his ancestors, however. He has a penchant for hyperbole, often stretching the truth somewhat out of proportion.

Logan has an affinity for music, particularly that of the celtic variety. He also speaks with a very subtle Scottish accent.

Biography: Logan was raised by an affluent couple, Phillip and Roxanne Douglas, for most of his life. His father had moved to America from Scotland at a young age. There, he met Logan's biological mother, though she walked out on Philip shortly after their son's birth. The man is very tight-lipped about the event. After raising his son alone for six years, Mr. Douglas was remarried to Roxanne, who Logan came to know as his mother.

As a child, Logan's father often spun tales of his great ancestor Allan McWilliam, who fought alongside Andrew Moray during the Wars for Scottish Independence. McWilliam became something of a role model for the boy, who would often play elaborate games of pretend in his honor. He mingled with the neighborhood children fairly often, running around and play-fighting for hours at a time.

In his elementary school days, Logan became something of a subject of gossip among the faculty. Sure, he got into the occasional hi-jinx, but that wasn't particularly uncommon for a boy of his age. What was really off-putting to them was his his inane behavior. In the earlier years, he was absolutely unremarkable as far as anyone else was concerned.

Before long, Logan developed an interest in the musical arts. He immediately opted for the most stereotypically Scottish instrument available, but settled for fiddle in the absence of any classes that taught bagpipes.

Logan's behavioral quirks didn't begin to surface until his later elementary years. Sometimes he would act as if there were someone there that nobody else could see. At first they thought it was just an imaginary friend or some such, but as time went on, it became apparent that this was not the case. On more than one occasion, the boy went completely ballistic and wound up on the floor in fetal position.

Logan's parents were greatly concerned, trying everything in their power to fix the boy's problem. They took him to multiple doctors, psychologists, and on one regrettable occasion, even an exorcist (He died mysteriously shortly afterward). By some sort of divine providence, the concerned couple stumbled upon the knowledge of a school known as Arclight Academy. They were skeptical at first, but it was a prestigious place, and it described the details of Logan's condition to a T.

After a few months enrolled in the school, Logan had learned to cope with his ability to see the goings on in the spirit realm. That was when disaster struck. Many of the students were killed in a tragic bus accident, nearly causing Logan's parents to pull him out of the academy. The boy would have none of it, however, and insisted that he stay, even though he lost a few good friends in the accident. As always, he tried to keep his chin up in the following weeks, hiding his pain as best he could. Even with his greatest efforts, it still shone through every now and again, often in the form of tears. Time has done some to mend the wounds, but Logan is still deeply affected by the traumatic event.

Arte: Artes Antiquarum- 3rd branch

Limits: For the time being, Logan can only call on support from Allan McWilliam, who fought in the Wars for Scottish Independence under Andrew Moray. He is granted chain mail, a dirk, and a targe shield, which he can sustain for roughly three minutes. (If this is an impractical skill level, let me know.)

Skills: Outstanding people skills, fostered through years of mingling with ye common folk. Handy with a fiddle.

Sat May 19, 2012 8:12 pm
Site Admin

Aww cute! I really enjoy reading bios.

And you hampered him a wee bit more than I would've, so I'll adjust that so the duration is a bit longer. <3

Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Choosing an Arte is much harder than I expected... Give me another hour or so and I'll have something.

Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm
 [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next