The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:53 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
Choose Your Own Epic *Edited Recent Post* 

Currently Playing: Nothing?
MAJOR EDIT!! Because I do have school on weekdays, I will not be able to write anything from 6a.m. through 2:30p.m. Please be patient; even when I am home.

Not sure what an epic exactly is, but who really cares, right? Anyway, since I've been reading Homestuck for a few days now, it has inspired me to start up a CYOE; much like HS used to be until the fanbase exponentiated. Call me unoriginal for doing this, but this is, as said in an article I read, a 'reader-to-author' connection I'm establishing. When I end a section with anything other than a numbered list, it means you're free to come up with whatever you want.
===

Today is a very sunny day; a day like Summer.... but in Winter. It's an unusual occurance, but you don't mind. You live in a neighborhood secluded in a North Dekotan city. These Winters can be harsh and unforgiving; but this one has been a nice surprise. Normally you'd be inside, stalking people on fakebook, or lurking fourchin. But since today had an exceptionally exquisite turn of events, you decided to put your coat on and get some fresh air.

While walking outside you find a discarded note in the snow. It's got a pink bottom and orange top; an odd color variation in your terms. Since no one is around to claim it. you pick it up and... wait a minute, we need to give you a name first. If we didn't then the note would be to anonymous! And everyone knows that those situations end with ten chickens being handcuffed and a mouth full of ingots.
So, anonymous, what should your name be?

>Enter name

Last edited by TrappedTime on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 pm
SSF2 Developer

How about Myst? Myst Erious.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:31 am

Ah! Yes, you're name is Myst Erious. But Myst for short. (Some of your punk friends call you Misty just to annoy you). The note you picked up reads:

Quote:
Dear Myst,
If you're reading this, then you've come far in your life. And it's your time to go even farther. See those footprints in front of you? Follow those to the-

The rest is smudged and unreadable. You consider just forgetting about it and going back home to play Modernism Warcarnival 3. But then again, the note did have your specific name on it. Could this random person have something important to tell you? Or are you being trolled by one of your friends? If so, then how could they have known to smudge the rest of the note? And why such a random color scheme?!

Too many questions are flowing through your brain, and the sun is almost setting. You can vaguely hear your mother calling your name, reminding you that supper has been prepared. One decision; but a tough one. After a short contemplation, you decide to-

[1] Follow the footsteps; possibly leading you into your own death
[2] Go back home; never knowing if the mysterious man existed or not

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 am
BR Member

[2] Go back home; never knowing if the mysterious man existed or not

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Too many questions are flowing through your brain, and the sun is almost setting. You can vaguely hear your mother calling your name, reminding you that supper has been prepared. One decision; but a tough one. After a short contemplation, you decide to just shug your shoulders and walk it off; you need to eat afterall. And your stomach agrees, wambling like a monster.

Upon returning home, your mother wonders why you were out in the freezing cold. You explain to her that it was a beautiful day and that it shouldn't have been wasted. She proceeds to pour you a bowl of your favorite soup, chicken noodle with barsley. It's very good, and the hint of pepper makes you delighted to have such a wonderful mom. At home, you are protected by your parents and pet husky, enter pet dog name here.

After finishing a third bowl of that delicious soup, you walk past the trash can; throwing away the useless note. Seriously, why did the person think they could lure you into a dark alley? No one, under any circumstances, fools the might Myst.

>Be the mysterious man, one hour earlier.

You are now the mysterious man, who left the mysterious note, mysteriously to that one kid you don't even know. You're just a messenger after all. You're tall and skinny, but with a little muscle.

Right now you are hiding behind a random house, hoping for this kid to show up. You're not expecting him anytime soon, but before it happens. Underneath this house are 12 people tied up in chairs circling a round table. Walking behind them, in a clockwise fashion, is the Chief of the group. If the kid doesn't show up in one hour the chief will blow everyone up; including the messenger. But you don't know you're going to die, because you don't know the exact moment the bomb will be detonated.

If you try to leave the premise, as stated by the chief, "You'll be electrocuted with such a high voltage that your body will catch fire then explode. Understood?" Anxiety overwhelms you as the minutes go by. One at a time, almost in slow motion in fact. Unfortunately, with the sun setting, and the kid no where to be found, you know you're going to die.

>Be Myst, thirty more minutes in the future

You return to being Myst; funny how this works, right? Resting in your warm and cozy bed, you stare at the ceiling, thinking up ideas for neat-o inventions. Every time something useful pops into your head, you immediately grab a pencil and some paper and wri-

BOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The house shakes and your thoughts are interrupted. The house shakes so badly, in fact, that you tumble right out of bed and onto the blue carpet. After the rumble fades into nothing, you check in to your parents' room. They've both been knocked unconscious from the earthquake, or whatever it was you felt. With curiosity getting the best of you, you grab your coat, put on your shoes, and venture outside again with a flashlight.

The show on your shoes melt for some odd reason, but you find out why soon. After not too far, you see in the distance fire and chaos around the corner of your street. You decide to pursue it, even if it's a stupid idea. The flashlight runs out of battery and shuts off unexpectedly. Fortunately, the small fires give off enough light. Not enough, however.

Not being cautious enough, you slip and fall into the crater. Your fall isn't too hard, considering you feel slimy crap all against the crater walls. After a bit of looking around to see what happened, you accidentally step on a small green device that lights up a straight beam. It's a circular disc with four buttons on the outer ring of it. The inner design resembles a crystal, or a diamond, maybe a pearl. It's too oddly shaped for you to decide at the moment.

Instead of standing around like an idiot, you-

[1] >Press button number ___
[2] Take the disc and try to climb out
[3] Leave the disc alone and try to climb out

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
[2] Take the disc and try to climb out

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Instead of standing around like an idiot, you take the disk and try to climb out. With wet clothes this climb isn't going to be pleasant. What is that stuff anyway? Slime? Boogers? Jello? You're not too sure, but right now you're too focused on getting out of this burning mess. It's a miracle you haven't been singed yet...

You manage to get out, shaking for some reason. It stops. You put the disk into your jacket pocket and walk away; right as neighbors start to walk towards the crater. Nothing to see here folks, just another explosion... you think to yourself.

Entering your house is a relief. With the lights on you can see a dark blue liquid all on your shoes and hands. You dare not taste it, who knows what kinds of germs have already gotten into that? Instead you take the jacket off; taking the disc out first of course. Your bring it to the laundry room and throw it into the washer. You decide it's time for a shower for yourself.

>Shower

In the shower you think of what that device is, and how in the world it survived an explosion, if that's what happened. Maybe it's alien technology, something you always ask for during the holidays. Maybe it's a new sciencey remote that controls time. Finally, scientists did something useful! Nah, that can't be it; that doesn't explain the explosion! Could it be from an alternate dimension? It's a possibility, and you think about what kind of universe would bring their gizmo to here, on earth.

>Finish shower

You're done showering and you get ready for bed. Oh wait, mom and dad! Remembering them was a good idea, definitely. You walk into the room, only to find two shadowed men take them from their slumber and dissipate before you get a good look at them. What's going on? Is it all because of the disc I found?

You return to the bathroom, the last place you left it. It's still there; but why? Shouldn't the black men have taken it from you, like they did with your parents? It's all so random and nonsensical. Maybe pressing one of the buttons won't be such a bad idea. Though, with them all being the same, you're not sure what button to press.

But time's wasting just trying to think this through, so you press-

[1] Button 1
[2] Button 2
[3] Button 3
[4] Button 4

I'm done for tonight guys/girls, I've got studying to do. Yes, you can still choose. Sorry for the short write this time, however. It's a mix of being tired and some other factors mixed in.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
[3] Button 3

AMA

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:29 pm

fine, since i see no one's participating I'll just do this myself...sorry for it being short, though; the next one will be longer.
But time's wasting just trying to think this through, so you press what you assume to be the third button from the left.

*BLOOP*

You've been transported to the world of Eerg, a planet surrounded by twenty tiny moons. It is blue from a far distance, but green up close. The planet itself is prefectly flat, except for tunnels and houses. How does that work?! It's very sunny, all day and night, and the locales have very dark skin. They look just like you, except they're bones are longer.
You're not sure what to do now. Should you try talking to them, press another button, run away?! Everything you knew about physics has flown away, on a 1st class seat in a jetplane. You're scared and hot and panicking. One of the locals notices you staring at them, soon everyone is. With your heart pounding the alarm you-

[1] Approach one of the locals
[2] Press another button
[3] Run away

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:00 pm
 [ 9 posts ]