The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:06 pm

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
A note to this community 

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Steven wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
we could satisfy the fans who want Beta to be more like 9b, along with the thousands of silent fans who form the modding community. Legitimizing mods would allow the devs to say "Hey, here's the direction we're taking Beta. If you don't like it, here are countless alternatives for you to take." All it would take is an open mind and a channel or two in Official.

This essentially tears the community to pieces though. Although I think I understand where you're coming from the eventual thing this will spawn that instead of players adapting to an excisting metagame they will just, in extremes, modify their own metagame. Kind of like how Project M caused a split in the Brawl community.

For that to happen, we would need a single really good modpack that 9b fans adopt, but I see your point. Legitimizing mods and encouraging balance packs would indeed harm the community. Still though, a statement of some sort crushing the futile hopes of 9b fans needs to happen.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:14 pm

MGN Username: Access
Waifu: Chef Boyardee
Alright here's the s*** I promised in the OP and never got to put in:
- replays(not all of them, just since my comp's last system reset, which is still quite a bit):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwc6n4gi6bewt ... s.zip?dl=0

Also I feel like no one is going to pay attention to the new user/alt s*** lmao. Everybody says there's an issue of not including new users, but I could probably log back into discord at the moment and literally see 3 people being accused of being alts right now. Stop all that s*** if you guys want to actually progress.
If you guys want to actually stop this (competitive) community from slowly going down in activity and userbase, then you should probably take care of the new userbase.

Luke wrote:
hahaha arent you the psychopath that faked his own death and did all that other s***

dude you of all people dont really have the right to criticize anyone, much less this community

tson and cleod and the other people running ssf2 and the forums are doing a fantastic job. in any large online community there's gonna be cliques and upset. its just facts. get over it imo

You might actually wanna read my post next time lmao, idk where I mentioned the devs in a bad light, but then again I don't seem to be a 7k posts forum expert like you so what do I know.

That's all. Pce.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Luke wrote:
hahaha arent you the psychopath that faked his own death and did all that other s***

dude you of all people dont really have the right to criticize anyone, much less this community

tson and cleod and the other people running ssf2 and the forums are doing a fantastic job. in any large online community there's gonna be cliques and upset. its just facts. get over it imo

Lmao when the site mod is the one being a toxic f***

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:15 pm

MonteSSBM wrote:
Alright here's the s*** I promised in the OP and never got to put in:
- replays(not all of them, just since my comp's last system reset, which is still quite a bit):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwc6n4gi6bewt ... s.zip?dl=0

Also I feel like no one is going to pay attention to the new user/alt s*** lmao. Everybody says there's an issue of not including new users, but I could probably log back into discord at the moment and literally see 3 people being accused of being alts right now. Stop all that s*** if you guys want to actually progress.
If you guys want to actually stop this (competitive) community from slowly going down in activity and userbase, then you should probably take care of the new userbase.

Luke wrote:

You might actually wanna read my post next time lmao, idk where I mentioned the devs in a bad light, but then again I don't seem to be a 7k posts forum expert like you so what do I know.

That's all. Pce.

I think the best way for us to deal with the alting is to not accuse anyone of being an alt until there is 100% absolute proof to where it is an alt without a shadow of doubt. People are too quick to call someone an alt and even if someone is most likely an alt we should only play the "you're an alt" card when it is absolutely certain that it is one. Imo best way to deal with this is that if someone were to blatantly accuse someone of alting in a tourney and it turned out to be a false accusation that person who makes the accusation does not recieve any FCR points. This would make it so that people wont be too hasty when calling someone an alt.

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:29 pm

MGN Username: Prolific
Waifu: J
Also facts on the fake humble s*** part, I agree 100% with you. It's hilarious how so many top-players do it too.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:26 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Let me start by saying perhaps the sentiment here is lost when the person posting this literally made a modpack to "undo the 'bad decisions' the developers have done"

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
To summarize Monte's point, long time members are getting overhyped and giving up on SSF2 when they realize their expectations will never be met. First, it's important to identify what exactly they expect.

"The next patch is gonna be so great. *Insert meta changing glitch here* will be patched, characters are gonna be balanced, the top tiers won't be cheap as f*** anymore, my main will be more fun to play, there'll be more combos, it'll be less campy, man, it's just gonna be amazing."

It's relatively common knowledge that SSF2's balancing is taking a direction similar to that of Smash 4, but many are still in denial. Grabs have become much more important to the meta, camping is such a vital part of the meta that I've been bashed and called a trash player for being bad at it, and "free combos" (or as I and several others of my perspective view it, "combo freedom") are being restricted to create a much smarter meta as a whole. I disagree with these balancing philosophies, but the fact of the matter is that's where SSF2 is going.

Ugh.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
It's relatively common knowledge that SSF2's balancing is taking a direction similar to that of Smash 4

No it's f*** not. Stop s***.

This is just a PC way to continue to rose-colored-glasses 9b. The 9b sympathizers are on a f*** crusade (pun intended). Realize what it is that you're in favor of besides stopping the evolution of this game into something palatable and competitive.

9b had:
- No reason to shield. Shields were useless because nothing had landlag. If you tried to shield you'd notice that they lowkey were overpowered if any of the moves had landlag.
- No need for any kind of neutral, meta was dash nair.
- No kind of punish game because startup/landlag/endlag were not balanced in any way.
- Freeform combos, sure... at the expense of everything in the game being unpunishable.
- No landing lag on anything.
- Autocanceled aerials had less landlag than just jumping and landing.
- P2, P3, and P4 had shields that were frame 4. P1 was frame 3.
- Unlimited buffering.... for moves buffered ONLY WITH A DIFFERENT BUTTON. You could not buffer a nair out of a nair, or a fair out of a nair, or a usmash out of a dair, unless you used Z for one of the attacks. This means buffering specials out of specials is impossible. How does that make any sense? It doesn't.
- Worse netcode.
- Memory leaking over time.
- No 1P modes.
- Less characters, less stages.
- OK balancing, but a pretty radical power delta when you get to low tiers and top tiers.
- Port, too.

The next patch of Beta, and overall Beta has:
- A recalculated shield formula so you have to be wise about shielding.
- A need for actual neutral (this may alienate some 9b players that were actually trash at the game but were carried by the lack of need for neutral)
- A need for an actual punish game (again, alienating 9b players bad habits because now you can't just throw stuff out)
- Freeform combos, slightly limited by aerials actually having landlag. (boo hoo)
- Actual landing lag, but still low enough to allow for the freeform combos mentioned before. Including recoveries, to make gimps more viable.
- Autocanceled aerials have landing lag again.
- P1, P2, P3, P4 all have identical shields and they're frame 2 not frame 3.
- Limited-time buffering - which, mind you, matches the official titles - that does not discriminate based off of the button used to execute.
- Better netcode.
- No more memory leaking over time.
- Actual single player content.
- More content overall from a stages/characters perspective.
- Much better balancing overall, including the Tails blunder look at the rest of the cast; everyone is viable. Tails is fixed next patch too.
- Oh, did I mention Port is gone?

Listen close because I'm tired of repeating myself.
We are not going to revert anything back to 9b. It is not happening.
Just because we don't want our game to be buttscooting and nairplaning across the stage spamming lagless aerials and then buttscooting back, rinse repeat until you get a hit in, doesn't mean our game is inherently bad. You need to address your bad habits. The development team is not going to adjust the game to cover your bad habits. We will, however, adapt and expand the game over time. If you can come up with a good case of constructive feedback for a design decision we can talk about it. I have always been open to talking things out. But I am not fond of people giving unconstructive feedback, and I am not fond of people saying 9b was better. It wasn't.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
The devs need to manually crush all hope of long time fans relating to the direction SSF2 is taking.
I'm talking a public statement, be it a forum post, an announcement in Official, or some other outlet, the devs need to explicitly state changes in the balancing philosophy since 9b, tell people that this is where SSF2 is going, and tell people that SSF2 will never be as punish-game centric as 9b. I think if this happens, people will finally just face facts and try to adapt to Beta's meta.

Was my Mac video not a good enough public statement? I can make another one if you think I need to.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
I would also like to bring up a controversial topic: mods.

Mods are a way to shape the game into something more enjoyable for a specific group of people, whatever the group of people the mod appeals to may be. Mods can shape the game into something that goes against the direction that the devs plan to take it, whether a mod replaces all of the characters in the game with Sonic characters or rebalances the cast to play more like 9b. And don't pretend modding SSF2 isn't popular for even a second. There are YouTube channels with thousands of subscribers that get thousands of views per video dedicated to SSF2 mods. It's a whole other part of the community.

I think it would be a good idea to legitimize mods.

I understand the dev team's current position on mods loud and clear: it doesn't belong in official outlets and you would prefer that people not do it at all, but if mods were legitimized, we could satisfy the fans who want Beta to be more like 9b, along with the thousands of silent fans who form the modding community. Legitimizing mods would allow the devs to say "Hey, here's the direction we're taking Beta. If you don't like it, here are countless alternatives for you to take." All it would take is an open mind and a channel or two in Official.

No.

You don't realize the kind of damage that mods/mod packs bring.

Scenario 1: If a mod pack actually were to be good enough to get massively popular, whatever players that play the mod pack are players taken away from the core game.

Scenario 2: The more documented the games' internals are, due to it being a Flash game, the more likely it is that someone can take our engine and put their own characters in and then sell it, profiting off of our hard work. There is no way for us to stop them because this game cannot be copywritten as it is a fangame.

Scenario 3: Sites like kbhgames use your guides to know how to edit the game's internals to be able to rip the security off of the game and host it on their own site behind paywalls/forced ads/shady redirect ads/etc. profiting off of our hard work and putting users computers at risk.

Scenario 4: Someone releases a mod and it actually exploits vulnerabilities in Flash Player and wreaks havoc on your computer, damaging our reputation because the executable that ran the malicious code is actually our game. We could be flagged by antiviruses or sued unless we try to patch vulnerabilities in the game ourselves. Which we cannot do.

Scenario 5: Whatever mods are created fall under the legal jurisdiction as a derivative work of the title as well, so if some company sees you're making a mod of our game that the owner of the IP doesn't like, especially if some of their IP is already in the core game, they can't just take the mod down they have to do C&D for both or else they aren't considered to be protecting their IP.

I can go on. Obviously as a lot of the developers have come from an official title modding background we see/know that mods can be fun, but the game has to be designed with security in mind if we're going to officially support that, and some files have to be able to be off limits. We don't have the means to do that 10 years into this project, I don't think, but as we said ages ago we're always looking into new things to add to SSF2 and that could be one of them if it ends up being possible.

In the meantime, you can do whatever you want with your copy of SSF2 but our fight against the crooks that use your tools for bad things will catch you in the crossfire. That's just how it is.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MonteSSBM wrote:
This community heavily discourages new members.

Tson wrote:
I tried to merge ssf2u and mgofficial so our veterans were with the new players so they could be treated better and moderated over better and it was blockaded by their mods even though the community voted 70% in favor.

Alright, hear it out from our perspective:

After I jokingly brought up that Rivals of Aether is better than SSF2 and justified my argument with something relating to Sword Drills in a lighthearted joke discussion with Refurin, the user Foxx started unironically saying that Rivals of Aether was better than SSF2. He pointed out the things that RoA does really well, along with the things that RoA does better than SSF2. This, unfortunately, led to him s*** on SSF2 quite a bit in a direct discussion with a developer, which is undeniably disrespectful. He continued doing this, angering Ref quite a bit, until Bedoop finally banned him.

I bring up this anecdote because it shows off an aspect of Official that I think deters a lot of fans: people can get banned for s*** on the game.

In order for a merge between SSF2U and Official to ever happen and work, the devs would need to turn the other cheek at people s*** in their game or just flat out ignore them, rather than banning or punishing them. Until then, a merge between SSF2U will not happen because it would put too much power into the hands of those known to abuse it on those who disagree with or disrespect them. It's also probably part of the reason why the TO Union brought up a proposal to block Official tournies.

People get banned for trolling. Foxx was trolling. He is known to do so. We don't tolerate months of foolishness like SSF2U does, we ban cancer.

Refurin told Foxx to stop, repedately and he continued for a literal hour. MG Discord has to be friendly and welcoming to newcomers and promote discussion, when someone is trolling it disrupts what the Discord stands for, and obviously there will be repercussions.

Also. You said it yourself.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MonteSSBM wrote:
There is no need to assume new good players are alts, logically speaking- they maybe/probably are alts. But the more you guys go out of your way to assume guilty until innocent instead of the other way around, the more time you lose good faith in the community, start more awful drama(which I did in my time, I'm not above this) and propagate the type of behavior that makes new people inclined not to join or just not to stick around.

There are plenty of people who were accused of being alts at first but ended up actually being new users. These users had their community experience partially ruined do to this, and we're lucky to even still have them. (i.e. RiVer, who actually left, Vash, Ace2020, Rik.O iirc, Apex_ , 7upX, etc)

Yeah... At this point we're all guilty of this. I'm going to try and get a rule passed in SSF2U that bans "crying alt". Hopefully others will follow suit.

Follow suit? MG Official launched with this rule. But you insinuate that SSF2U is part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Weird.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

tson wrote:
Let me start by saying perhaps the sentiment here is lost when the person posting this literally made a modpack to "undo the 'bad decisions' the developers have done"

Actually, I repeatedly worded it as "decisions I disagree with" and I gave up on it to give Beta another chance, because the community's falling apart and I wanna do my part to help it not fall apart.

tson wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
To summarize Monte's point, long time members are getting overhyped and giving up on SSF2 when they realize their expectations will never be met. First, it's important to identify what exactly they expect.

"The next patch is gonna be so great. *Insert meta changing glitch here* will be patched, characters are gonna be balanced, the top tiers won't be cheap as f*** anymore, my main will be more fun to play, there'll be more combos, it'll be less campy, man, it's just gonna be amazing."

It's relatively common knowledge that SSF2's balancing is taking a direction similar to that of Smash 4, but many are still in denial. Grabs have become much more important to the meta, camping is such a vital part of the meta that I've been bashed and called a trash player for being bad at it, and "free combos" (or as I and several others of my perspective view it, "combo freedom") are being restricted to create a much smarter meta as a whole. I disagree with these balancing philosophies, but the fact of the matter is that's where SSF2 is going.

Ugh.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
It's relatively common knowledge that SSF2's balancing is taking a direction similar to that of Smash 4

No it's f*** not. Stop s***.

This is just a PC way to continue to rose-colored-glasses 9b. The 9b sympathizers are on a f*** crusade (pun intended). Realize what it is that you're in favor of besides stopping the evolution of this game into something palatable and competitive.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Hell, I specifically stated that it would lead to an overall smarter meta. Still though, the emphasis on shield and grab's overall power in the neutral is reminiscent of that of Smash 4. Saying it's a "PC way to continue to rose-colored-glasses 9b" is like saying that Sm4sh requires less techskill than Melee is a PC way to rose-colored-glasses Melee. Some see a techskill barrier as a good thing, others (such as myself) do not.

tson wrote:
9b had:
- No reason to shield. Shields were useless because nothing had landlag. If you tried to shield you'd notice that they lowkey were overpowered if any of the moves had landlag.
- No need for any kind of neutral, meta was dash nair.
- No kind of punish game because startup/landlag/endlag were not balanced in any way.
- Freeform combos, sure... at the expense of everything in the game being unpunishable.
- No landing lag on anything.
- Autocanceled aerials had less landlag than just jumping and landing.
- P2, P3, and P4 had shields that were frame 4. P1 was frame 3.
- Unlimited buffering.... for moves buffered ONLY WITH A DIFFERENT BUTTON. You could not buffer a nair out of a nair, or a fair out of a nair, or a usmash out of a dair, unless you used Z for one of the attacks. This means buffering specials out of specials is impossible. How does that make any sense? It doesn't.
- Worse netcode.
- Memory leaking over time.
- No 1P modes.
- Less characters, less stages.
- OK balancing, but a pretty radical power delta when you get to low tiers and top tiers.
- Port, too.

-It was stupidly aggro and I, along with many others, enjoy stupidly aggro. Was it stupid? Yes. Do we still like it? Yes.
-Shield frame data difference was stupid, but it didn't affect the meta anywhere near the extent to which Transcendency and Port have in Beta.
-Buffering was hella janky, but at least you could buffer jumps consistently, and good movement is arguably leagues more important in a video game that the inconveniences caused by 9b's buffering system.
-Memory leaking exists in Beta .3.2 as well, rendering the more fun 1P modes (cruel smash, classic mode) useless.
-Port affects .3.2 more than it did 9b, as 9b had a clanking system that, despite not working as intended, still at least did something.

tson wrote:
The next patch of Beta, and overall Beta has:
- A recalculated shield formula so you have to be wise about shielding.
- A need for actual neutral (this may alienate some 9b players that were actually trash at the game but were carried by the lack of need for neutral)
- A need for an actual punish game (again, alienating 9b players bad habits because now you can't just throw stuff out)
- Freeform combos, slightly limited by aerials actually having landlag. (boo hoo)
- Actual landing lag, but still low enough to allow for the freeform combos mentioned before. Including recoveries, to make gimps more viable.
- Autocanceled aerials have landing lag again.
- P1, P2, P3, P4 all have identical shields and they're frame 2 not frame 3.
- Limited-time buffering - which, mind you, matches the official titles - that does not discriminate based off of the button used to execute.
- Better netcode.
- No more memory leaking over time.
- Actual single player content.
- More content overall from a stages/characters perspective.
- Much better balancing overall, including the Tails blunder look at the rest of the cast; everyone is viable. Tails is fixed next patch too.
- Oh, did I mention Port is gone?

Listen close because I'm tired of repeating myself.
We are not going to revert anything back to 9b. It is not happening.
Just because we don't want our game to be buttscooting and nairplaning across the stage spamming lagless aerials and then buttscooting back, rinse repeat until you get a hit in, doesn't mean our game is inherently bad. You need to address your bad habits. The development team is not going to adjust the game to cover your bad habits. We will, however, adapt and expand the game over time. If you can come up with a good case of constructive feedback for a design decision we can talk about it. I have always been open to talking things out. But I am not fond of people giving unconstructive feedback, and I am not fond of people saying 9b was better. It wasn't.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
The devs need to manually crush all hope of long time fans relating to the direction SSF2 is taking.
I'm talking a public statement, be it a forum post, an announcement in Official, or some other outlet, the devs need to explicitly state changes in the balancing philosophy since 9b, tell people that this is where SSF2 is going, and tell people that SSF2 will never be as punish-game centric as 9b. I think if this happens, people will finally just face facts and try to adapt to Beta's meta.

Was my Mac video not a good enough public statement? I can make another one if you think I need to.

Actually, this post you made is a perfect public statement. If you could put this bit in Official, it'd be even better.

tson wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
I would also like to bring up a controversial topic: mods.

Mods are a way to shape the game into something more enjoyable for a specific group of people, whatever the group of people the mod appeals to may be. Mods can shape the game into something that goes against the direction that the devs plan to take it, whether a mod replaces all of the characters in the game with Sonic characters or rebalances the cast to play more like 9b. And don't pretend modding SSF2 isn't popular for even a second. There are YouTube channels with thousands of subscribers that get thousands of views per video dedicated to SSF2 mods. It's a whole other part of the community.

I think it would be a good idea to legitimize mods.

I understand the dev team's current position on mods loud and clear: it doesn't belong in official outlets and you would prefer that people not do it at all, but if mods were legitimized, we could satisfy the fans who want Beta to be more like 9b, along with the thousands of silent fans who form the modding community. Legitimizing mods would allow the devs to say "Hey, here's the direction we're taking Beta. If you don't like it, here are countless alternatives for you to take." All it would take is an open mind and a channel or two in Official.

No.

You don't realize the kind of damage that mods/mod packs bring.

Scenario 1: If a mod pack actually were to be good enough to get massively popular, whatever players that play the mod pack are players taken away from the core game.

Scenario 2: The more documented the games' internals are, due to it being a Flash game, the more likely it is that someone can take our engine and put their own characters in and then sell it, profiting off of our hard work. There is no way for us to stop them because this game cannot be copywritten as it is a fangame.

Scenario 3: Sites like kbhgames use your guides to know how to edit the game's internals to be able to rip the security off of the game and host it on their own site behind paywalls/forced ads/shady redirect ads/etc. profiting off of our hard work and putting users computers at risk.

Scenario 4: Someone releases a mod and it actually exploits vulnerabilities in Flash Player and wreaks havoc on your computer, damaging our reputation because the executable that ran the malicious code is actually our game. We could be flagged by antiviruses or sued unless we try to patch vulnerabilities in the game ourselves. Which we cannot do.

Scenario 5: Whatever mods are created fall under the legal jurisdiction as a derivative work of the title as well, so if some company sees you're making a mod of our game that the owner of the IP doesn't like, especially if some of their IP is already in the core game, they can't just take the mod down they have to do C&D for both or else they aren't considered to be protecting their IP.

Wow. Never thought of it that way. You're right, I legitimately didn't realize the damage mods/modpacks bring. Thanks for explaining that to me. I'll keep that in mind from here on out.

tson wrote:
I can go on. Obviously as a lot of the developers have come from an official title modding background we see/know that mods can be fun, but the game has to be designed with security in mind if we're going to officially support that, and some files have to be able to be off limits. We don't have the means to do that 10 years into this project, I don't think, but as we said ages ago we're always looking into new things to add to SSF2 and that could be one of them if it ends up being possible.

In the meantime, you can do whatever you want with your copy of SSF2 but our fight against the crooks that use your tools for bad things will catch you in the crossfire. That's just how it is.

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MonteSSBM wrote:
This community heavily discourages new members.

Tson wrote:
I tried to merge ssf2u and mgofficial so our veterans were with the new players so they could be treated better and moderated over better and it was blockaded by their mods even though the community voted 70% in favor.

Alright, hear it out from our perspective:

After I jokingly brought up that Rivals of Aether is better than SSF2 and justified my argument with something relating to Sword Drills in a lighthearted joke discussion with Refurin, the user Foxx started unironically saying that Rivals of Aether was better than SSF2. He pointed out the things that RoA does really well, along with the things that RoA does better than SSF2. This, unfortunately, led to him s*** on SSF2 quite a bit in a direct discussion with a developer, which is undeniably disrespectful. He continued doing this, angering Ref quite a bit, until Bedoop finally banned him.

I bring up this anecdote because it shows off an aspect of Official that I think deters a lot of fans: people can get banned for s*** on the game.

In order for a merge between SSF2U and Official to ever happen and work, the devs would need to turn the other cheek at people s*** on their game or just flat out ignore them, rather than banning or punishing them. Until then, a merge between SSF2U will not happen because it would put too much power into the hands of those known to abuse it on those who disagree with or disrespect them. It's also probably part of the reason why the TO Union brought up a proposal to block Official tournies.

People get banned for trolling. Foxx was trolling. He is known to do so. We don't tolerate months of foolishness like SSF2U does, we ban cancer.

Refurin told Foxx to stop, repedately and he continued for a literal hour. MG Discord has to be friendly and welcoming to newcomers and promote discussion, when someone is trolling it disrupts what the Discord stands for, and obviously there will be repercussions.

Also. You said it yourself.

He still got banned for his opinions and my point still stands. I'm all for a merge if nobody gets banned for their opinions in the future.

tson wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
MonteSSBM wrote:
There is no need to assume new good players are alts, logically speaking- they maybe/probably are alts. But the more you guys go out of your way to assume guilty until innocent instead of the other way around, the more time you lose good faith in the community, start more awful drama(which I did in my time, I'm not above this) and propagate the type of behavior that makes new people inclined not to join or just not to stick around.

There are plenty of people who were accused of being alts at first but ended up actually being new users. These users had their community experience partially ruined do to this, and we're lucky to even still have them. (i.e. RiVer, who actually left, Vash, Ace2020, Rik.O iirc, Apex_ , 7upX, etc)

Yeah... At this point we're all guilty of this. I'm going to try and get a rule passed in SSF2U that bans "crying alt". Hopefully others will follow suit.

Follow suit? MG Official launched with this rule. But you insinuate that SSF2U is part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Weird.

No duh Official came up with this rule. That's why I thought of even making a rule in SSF2U to try to fix it.. Hell, at the moment, SSF2U is more than just part of the problem. It's the center of the problem. That's why I think making a rule against crying alt in SSF2U is such a good idea. The community, at the moment, is pretty split (people either respect SSF2U or they respect Official. There's very little in between). If it becomes a rule in SSF2U, people on the "f*** Official" side of the community will hopefully stop.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Foxx always showed up to stir drama whilst being an ignorant c*** in general. This was nearly a daily thing. Probably was a daily thing.
They've also been kicked and temporarily banned for such behavior in the past. He's purely toxic. Please do not say we banned him for his opinion because that is certainly not the case.

And again, like you said,

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:19 pm

sevenz wrote:
Foxx always showed up to stir drama whilst being an ignorant c*** in general. This was nearly a daily thing. Probably was a daily thing.
They've also been kicked and temporarily banned for such behavior in the past. He's purely toxic. Please do not say we banned him for his opinion because that is certainly not the case.

And again, like you said,
[ Image ]

Rule 15 exists and was strictly enforced during the time of its creation. For those of you who don't know, rule 15 says "9b cancer is better left in Flash Nation." This was back when Flash Nation was alive.
Y'all still have, in the past, silenced or attempted to silence people for their opinions.
My point still stands.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Repeating yourself doesn't make yourself right tho. Again, you recognized that he was trolling and posted the message "he's actively trying to get banned at this point". If we banned people for their opinions would you not have been banned for your joke about ROA? Would he not have been banned an hour sooner instead of refurin actually talking to him the entire time trying to coax actual feedback from him? He knew what he was doing and so do you. Don't paint him as a martyr. That's s*** and you know it.

9b cancer is disruptive and elitist, it's yet another way to discredit "beta kiddies" aka new players. You can discuss 9b still, and you still can give constructive feedback (check the character chats for tons of examples of people doing that).

Our goal is and will always be to make an environment that welcomes newcomers and encourages constructive discussion. 9b cancer is cancer, and unlike ssf2u and fn we draw the line where the line needs to be drawn.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Luke wrote:

LUKE WITH THE 2015 MAC THROW LMAO

Nah but deadass b lmao you cant sit there and act like the community is all fine and dandy now after after all the s*** thats been going on for the past 3 years after it. I'm glad to see that everyone is actually against you in this aspect, bc if this was 2015, your dick would've been ridden to the 6.
We arent the same as we used to be, there ARE problems, and for you to dismiss that shows that youve been out of the loop for a good a** 2 years. 99.9% of the community has gave up or forgotten what monte has done in aspects, and he has even given back to the community as he was still banned. So please kindly,

go somewhere else my n**** lmao

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 am

didn't see this till now but damn, u p much just defined the community right there. mad respect and hope we still keep in touch my guy, ill be pushing fox for u mom

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:34 pm
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2