The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 am

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The Comprehensive SSF2 Advanced Technique Compendium 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ByeOrDie wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think what you refer to as DMCA's are commonly known (in the Smash community) as pivoting? I don't know if I'm reading it right: pivoting is using the 1 frame of standstill in the middle of a dash-dance to do a move.

Aww. I liked my name better. Well, rip the DMCA then. It's just a pivot.

Just wondering, is this pivoting:

If it's not, then I have no clue what I did :mrgreen:

No this is not pivoting. What you did was turnaround just as you went off the edge, went airborne, then double jumped into bair.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
Starkiller wrote:
No this is not pivoting. What you did was turnaround just as you went off the edge, went airborne, then double jumped into bair.

Ah, my recording software must have missed a frame then as I couldn't see the 1st frame of the mid-air jump effect. Thanks!

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 am

I think i found a cool revolutionary Technique

this is universal, which means it works for all characters

essentially it is a buffering technique in ssf2.

I call it "Z-Buffering" or "Grab-buffering"

If you press the grab button in the air you will obviously do an attack. but if you hold the grab button, you will continuously use the attack you were pressing the z button with. If you hold up+grab you will continuously up air so long as you are in the air. once you land you will obviously grab.

this also works out of hitstun. if you are in a combo, and you hold grab, you will immediately do an aerial after you get out of hitstun.

Thats about it.

up-z = up a ir
down-z = down air
z = neutral air
backward-z = bair air
forward-z = F O R W A R D A E R I A L

P.S.
Samus and Link cant do this technique because they will tether instead of aerial.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:48 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
NBNeilBN wrote:
bair air

back air air

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:41 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
NBNeilBN wrote:
I think i found a cool revolutionary Technique

this is universal, which means it works for all characters

essentially it is a buffering technique in ssf2.

I call it "Z-Buffering" or "Grab-buffering"

If you press the grab button in the air you will obviously do an attack. but if you hold the grab button, you will continuously use the attack you were pressing the z button with. If you hold up+grab you will continuously up air so long as you are in the air. once you land you will obviously grab.

this also works out of hitstun. if you are in a combo, and you hold grab, you will immediately do an aerial after you get out of hitstun.

Thats about it.

up-z = up a ir
down-z = down air
z = neutral air
backward-z = bair air
forward-z = F O R W A R D A E R I A L

P.S.
Samus and Link cant do this technique because they will tether instead of aerial.

rip mate we've known about this since the start of 9b :v

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:14 am

MGN Username: TyranitarLord
Waifu: Pepsi-Man
Backwards Taunt Cancel

Example(s):
https://gfycat.com/EqualGraveAkitainu

Characters that can perform:
All

Description:
Taunt cancel offstage backwards. This allows you to to do bair off the edge or do other moves off the edge at a different angle. Also looks swag if the taunt audio clip plays.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:44 am
SSF2 Developer

What even is going on in that gif you aren't even running and you get all this backwards momentum from your taunt lol

I need to TAS this and figure out what's going on

edit: this is p swag actually

edit2: ok so I think I got this figured out. I don't really know how it works, but in order to do this you must press the movement direction and taunt on the same frame. What I theorize is that first the game applies the movement because you enter walk, but because walk gets canceled by taunt and you are pressing taunt, it jumps to taunt and displays that. On a sequential level, this happens before the game realizes you need to change directions, which is why you stay in one direction. HOWEVER, I noticed that it you are running (autodash or dash button) then the game knows to switch your direction even if you otherwise keep the inputs the same. I have two gfys now haha, one with some frame perfect tails back taunts (no cancels, I just wanted to see what they look like over and over again), and the other one shows how the back taunt can halt your momentum when used in a tailsdash. This is a derived use tho, we already know that walking can stop your momentum. I think the other thing to mention is that the speed at which you move backwards is based on your character's walk speed, so tails moves very little in this but Fox moves a lot.

http://imgur.com/DrL6sAI

http://imgur.com/XewYgtx

Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 am
 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7