The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 am

[ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
Best Players to Learn From For Each Character 

TacThree wrote:
probably gonna be the thing that ends up making me disappear lol

wait wait you can't leave man

you know this game is too fun for that ;-;

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:19 pm
BR Member

Just wait until I can get wifi access Im straight up gonna take that Kirby title back smh

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:11 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Can't wait bud, I miss you.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
I would like to nominate myself as a best Jiggs main alongside Chaunch. I have been inactive because my laptop broke and I had to get a new one. However, in the past I made some contributions (I believe) to the Jigglypuff meta and was the only true main for a long time. I've only recently returned as of this post (like 5 days of playing now) but I personally feel like I'm qualified for best Jiggs. If merit is what you want, there are many that would've vouched for my skill a while ago (I'm "unrusted" now and haven't been so good recently but I have been getting better again).

One thing for all Jigg mains (hopefully this'll show off what I have done and can do for the Jiggly meta): Try to accustom yourself to dash cancel dash (turbo dash) as Jiggly is faster with turbo dashing improving her ground speed and pressure and it also allows one to dash dance anytime during the dash. Very useful for tech chases that could lead to Jab reset>Rest or a dash>dash dance grab> into whatever the situation calls for.

Edit: Sorry if this is a bit arrogant.

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I would totally Nominate myself as best Ichigo, and challenge Spidr, but I have zero confidence atm.
Same thing with Black Mage.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:16 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
/!\ Get ready for sh*t lord of quotes /!\
How do I feel right now?
Well
Phoenix Wright wrote:
This isn't a "Hall of Fame" thing either, it's not about getting your name on here as much as possible. Do not aspire to have your name on this list as a ranking.

Mr.Z wrote:
I feel like some of you guys are just asking to be listed because you want to.

give me attention plox: show
SoldierSunday wrote:
also my marth should be on the list lol

Zalozis wrote:
And I'm pretty sure I take best Kirby. I'm the only Kirby who can actually compete against the other Top-6 mains.

ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I would totally Nominate myself as best Ichigo, and challenge Spidr, but I have zero confidence atm.
Same thing with Black Mage.

TzOG C wrote:
I would like to nominate myself as a best Jiggs main alongside Chaunch. I have been inactive because my laptop broke and I had to get a new one. However, in the past I made some contributions (I believe) to the Jigglypuff meta and was the only true main for a long time. I've only recently returned as of this post (like 5 days of playing now) but I personally feel like I'm qualified for best Jiggs.

TzOG C wrote:
Edit: Sorry if this is a bit arrogant.

-----------

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Feel free to "call out" players on this list, [...] Ask for proof and stuff, go to the Salty Suite thread or something

1)
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Many people in the community use me as a baseline for who is good or not. So basically all you have to do is figure out if they are better than me and you're done.
It's totally a thing, ask Gosick.

lmao #lowstandards

2)Tz > I can say you're a ok Jiggs but clearly not the best. I've seen people playing her way better than you do (Sekanor , Samthekneegro , DescendedSun and even Kylos).
3) SA2600 > If you think beating Free-Spidr :wee: would make you #1 Ichigo :wee:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:56 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
haha, what a god, go on lulu.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Gosick wrote:
I believe me and sorab have a Bo3/5 or something on his yt channel, it's a bit old, but it shows a lot of what peach can do.

We should prob do another serious series sometime.

EDIT - found it, not exactly happy with how I played in this vid, regardless, here you go: [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QatV9lKvg1s ]

EDIT 2 - sorab has a good taste in music, js

Yo, it has been while, we should play again sometime. And lol thanks, its just lots of game remixes

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 am

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
I'd still vouch for SS considering that he has good fundamentals and is consistent with playing well. He plays SSF2 often and when he streams he'll also answers questions, so in terms of "learning from someone" he's probably the best on the list.

Zalozis has a solid Kirby and I think it'd be good if other Kirby players followed his example.

TzOGC is the first Jigglypuff main I've run into on SSF2, "last year" he had a rough time using Jiggs. But I haven't played him in a "long" time and therefore I can't say anything on the matter.

ps. Keep in mind that this list is there for people to learn from. For instance, I would probably self nominate my Yoshi. He has experience in various matchups with good players, can pull off some cool combos, and I get hard reads. Other than I'm one of the few people who actually uses Yoshi frequently. (I know UltraButterMario mains Yoshi)

That being said I don't want to be on the list because I lose much more often with Yoshi than I'd like. I feel if people watched him they'll learn a few good things, but more bad things. Would I consider myself one of the top Yoshis out there? Probably. Do I want people to follow my example? No, at least not yet.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:44 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Yeah. Attention should be paid to metagame development rather than tournament results.

Things like hard reads are cool and lead to wins, but they don't really show people how to play a character. Some people have really instructive matches, but don't have the skills needed to win tournaments. Those people should be highlighted above people with really good fundamentals who could do well with any character and don't really have a lot of experience with one character's metagame.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:48 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
We have to keep in mind too that not every person has the same exact playstyle as well. I'm very impatient for example with who I play as and I tend to Leroy Jenkins my way into winning/losing. Honestly I don't feel as if people get more out of winning then they do losing. I never play to win granted, because i get mechanical and predictable when I do, and instead I do whatever looks cool or is fun. Losing lets you figure out your flaws and fix them or work around them. All winning does is get you a fat head.

So no let's not count people out for having a s*** k/d ratio or ELO. Winning is determined on so many factors that it isn't even funny, and even then there's still some luck involved. We'd want good overall fundamentals on how the character is/can be used and the people who exhibit the best of that, not how many matches you've won with said character. You can lose 100 times to me in a row and I'd still be able to see you're a fundamentally better player than I am. Just keep that in mind.

And for the love of god stop nominating yourselves please guys it's like liking your own status on Facebook and I know you don't do that crap oh my gosh just no.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:54 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Guys i shoud be on al of the list cause im da best

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:10 pm

MGN Username: DescendedSun
Currently Playing: SSF2
I'm thinking about maining Sheik soon. So, I'm gonna be taking that spot soon. :nod:

Youtube

Latest video!
CPU Battles!
YouTube Video:

Support my songs! Soundcloud

MG: Descended_sun - YT:Powerofzarak/DescendedSun - MGN: Descendedsun

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Descended_Sun wrote:
I'm thinking about maining Sheik soon. So, I'm gonna be taking that spot soon. :nod:

I still think you are missing the point of this thread XD

Anyways, you can't main Sheik unless you play her a significant amount, so much that you'd have to drop another main (realistically).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:49 pm

MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
I love how I beat all those marths in marth dittos yet i'm not on the marth list.

Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:25 pm
 [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next