The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm

[ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
Mega Man 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I agree with assassin, beat call is way to easy for me to gimp. It's like the MM is saying: "Hi there Remi, I'm off stage. Please come kill me."

I couldn't tell you what should be done about it that's fair, it's just that atm it's way too easy to take advantage of it.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:13 pm

How about giving the move super armor status until he lets go of Beat, or Beat gets destroyed in the process of recovering (which involves hitting above him with a strong hit first.)

May be a poor idea but I'm against his gimpable nature.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 pm

That's a little iffy. Perhaps taking damage for touching beat? but you can hit megaman? Otherwise he should be able to recast beat if he's hit. The latter seems to be the most appropriate approach.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 am

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I would like the Mega Buster to be the same it was pre-nerf while you're hanging onto Beat. That way you can't get gimped as easily along with actually requiring some form of skill to prevent it from happening. I think you can only get like 2 or 3 shots off anyways before you drop.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:36 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
why isn't it just like Snake's PM upB, but with more range due to the lack of C4 jumping?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
It would be better than Snake's recovery then, because MM has far better landing options then Snake. Snake's main weakness is that he can't get down, so giving him C4 and Cypher is essentially enough rope to hang yourself. I would support keeping the range the way it is, but giving him the up special back after he gets hit, with possibly removing the Buster shots.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 am
BR Member

Id like to see him keep the death sentence, but allow him to drop down without attacking (by pressing down) and giving the bird a hitbox, and maybe restoring it's pre nerf megabuster.

Not everyone needs amazing recovery, but I do think he still needs some help right now.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
I think it should take 1 of three routes:
1. Up-B can be re-used.
2. Prenerf Buster, Beat hitbox, and cancelable with down button.
3 it can sweetspot the ledge and be cancelled with down.

It's really annoying to get hit just beyond the ledge and die at 10% because your recovery is too good.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
But the one hit death sentence IS THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH MM's RECOVERY, not the fact that mega buster lost it's stun, and is therefor useless on beat call, nor that he can't instantly drop. Cause tbh I, myself being one of the better MM player, never really used the move when it did have hit stun since it was never really viable and to drop I just d-air. Mega Buster on Beat Call never really did anything to protect the player, as it was easy for opponents to get around and even if the insignificant little pellet did manage to hit them, they'd just easily attack you again cause pellet=fireball in hit stun except it goes straight.

As for the nature of Beat Call itself, WITHOUT the flaw, it's a pretty balanced move and his recovery game in essence is fundamentally the same as Yoshi's. As both have a great move for horizontal gain and has a rising move that allows you to attack at anytime. To add to that, MM's recovery game wouldn't even be the best in the game and would not beat out the majority of the casts by leaps and bounds. But with the flaw, MM players like myself, are being killed by moves like Mario's fireball, s-tilt from BM, one time I got killed because I was nicked by Pika's u-spec, and the list goes on.

Below is a list of Pros and Cons for the move Beat Call WITHOUT the flaw involve. The ranking for each individual pro and con will be ranked from 1-5.

Pros rankings: 1-Its alright not too helpful, 2-A nice touch, 3-Decent, 4- Pretty freakin good, 5- Superb, A1, Just2elite

Cons rankings: 1. Not too harmful, 2. A disadvantage but nothing too major, 3. That's considerably bad, 4. unbelievably bad, 5- Jesus Christ this is terrible, a real tragedy

Beat Call
Pros: Decent high gained by the move(horizontal gain isn't to bad either)-3, Doesn't leave you helpless after move is do (without flaw)-4, Maneuverability-4. Total = 11

Cons: Slow-2, Even though control is good can be predictable-3, If attacked(by MM) out of can't go any higher-3, leaves MM vulnerable-3. Total = 11
*One hit death sentence-5 Total = 16

As you can see Beat call (without the flaw) has and even amount of pros and cons, but that one major flaws significantly tips the scale.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:21 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
all characters should have a weakness.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:41 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
[TSON] wrote:
all characters should have a weakness.

Soak in the Words of Wisdom everybody.

Personally, I like the idea of Mega Man being a one-hit death.
At least his recovery's weaknesses is more pronounced than most.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:35 pm

It's fine for a character to have a weakness, I just wonder if this one is a bit overbearing.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Mega Man getting his U-spec back after being hit by a single move (more than one hit restores it, so multihit moves suck against it) would give him the best recovery in the game (thanks to his weight and fallspeed). As a character that can hit pretty hard, he doesn't need it. The only thing U-spec needs is hitstun during the Mega Buster shots. Mega Man just needs rapid fire for weak Mega Buster shots and he'll be more balanced (this would give incentive to use other weapons, as it would still be good, but not too good). As of now he's pretty weak, but those two things would make a difference.

On an unrelated note; if Snake gets into SSF2, I hope that his U-spec gets the same treatment.

RemPrower wrote:
It's fine for a character to have a weakness, I just wonder if this one is a bit overbearing.

It's not. If Mega Man didn't have this weakness, he would be similar to DK last patch. As in, he can live for a long time and has tons of kill options (not as much as DK, but still). That type of character isn't balanced in Smash.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Last edited by Zapperrix on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:08 pm

That thought did indeed cross my mind.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
@ Tson: Well that's one hell of a weakness.

Alright, alright, so let's analyze this "weakness" that MM has. As all of us know the ssf2 team works hard to make sure every character in the game is very well balanced and are also unique, which they do an excellent job of. Even though somethings may slip through the cracks, some extreme cases being Naruto's Rasengan Shuriken and Super armor on DK's Primate punch, but these cases are seldom and limited to a few, which is some more good stuff on behave of the ssf2 team. And so to make sure every character is well rounded they counter balance out the pros with some cons and the end result of a characters balance usually favors the pros.

For example, Fox has some insane falling speed that can often led to his death off stage and leaves him subjected to "special" combos just for him(not to mention his recovery isn't the best either), but, in turn, his fast falling speed allows him to preform stunning combos and an unbelievable pressure game, which at the end of the offers more towards the character than in takes while still balancing him out as a character. Or DK who is the biggest, walking target in the game, making it easy for him to be hit and comboed, but, in turn, he has some of the best reach in the game accompanied by some decent speed and power as well that can overwhelm opponents, making him balanced as well. These are both cases their flaws counter balance their strengths to make a fairly good character who is just not too OP and once a user of that character reaches a certain level of skillz, they'll no longer too much of a hindrance to their ability to preform. The same thing should apply to the "one hit death sentence" MM has on his recovery, but the problem with that is that it shifts the scale too much towards the side of faults and can be of great drawback to even best of MM players.

When I thought about MM's "weakness", I began to wonder what strengths it could this possibly counter balance, since it's such a heavy vice put on the character, especially compared to others. It can't be a counter balance towards MM's KO power as, while it is pretty good, it can be somewhat awkward and difficult to land, while a considerable amount of other character can achieve the same KO power without being as awkward or difficult to land as MM's. It can't be his projectile game since it's already pretty balanced, although it could go through some minor tweaks, and doesn't warrant such heavy penalties. I'll admit that MM can be pretty hard to kill OUTSIDE his "weakness" but I wouldn't think that it would call for such counteractions to be taken, as you can theoretically and in actuality be killed by it as low as 5%. The only possible aspect left that could even possibly warrant such penalties is his recovery game and while many people will say that "It'll become the best in the game.", I have you disagree as it is fundamentally the same as Yoshi's recovery game and it can be argued that Yoshi's better because more action can be taken against edgeguarding from Yoshi's than MM's. Plus there are other character with good recovery games to match or possibly surpass MM's, like Goku, Tails, Ness, Zelda, etc. And to add to that Beat call is fairly slow and predictable while also leaving MM somewhat vulnerable as Mega Buster never did give too much protection to begin with and if MM, isn't close enough to the stage, is forced to take the hit or die trying to defend himself. I'd think this would be enough to compensate with how good his recovery is, but does if you feel it doesn't, do you really believe that it warrants a "weakness" as cheap and abuseable as the "one hit death sentence".

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:47 pm
 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next