The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:30 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate M.U.G.E.N., DC VS MARVEL M.U.G.E.N., SSF2
When I saw Madara all terrified and wounded like that I felt kinda happy for some reason.
That means I'm a Madara-hater?

Have you ever wondered how does Superman flies? In that case, wonder no more:
YouTube Video:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:31 am

Aw man. I don't like Madara OR Gai. It's not often I want to see where a fight is gonna go for this reason...

Ah screw it. I've hated Gai since he was introduced, but at least he wasn't handled as obnoxiously as Madara has been.

You did it Sakurai. You made me root for Gai. Quite a feet.
...No I'm not going to stop calling Kishimoto Sakurai, it's stuck to me now

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Ziku wrote:
Aw man. I don't like Madara OR Gai. It's not often I want to see where a fight is gonna go for this reason...

Ah screw it. I've hated Gai since he was introduced, but at least he wasn't handled as obnoxiously as Madara has been.

You did it Sakurai. You made me root for Gai. Quite a feet.
...No I'm not going to stop calling Kishimoto Sakurai, it's stuck to me now

hahaha i actually didn't catch it that time until you called yourself out on it.

But aww come on I could understand not particularly liking Gai, but hating him? He's nothing but a good guy! *nice guy pose*

This fight was very reminiscent of Gaara vs Lee for obvious reasons. It actually kinda made me realize the art has decreased in quality, at least a little bit. I saw a post on reddit comparing the 2 fights that had the scans side by side, unfortunately I can't find the post right now.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:49 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Yeah, I have noticed that the manga isn't as detailed as it was before. But personally, it doesn't bothers me.
Besides, the first time I saw Lee vs Gaara was on the anime, I didn't started to read manga until a little before the Fourth Shinobi War, so I guess I can't compare the manga right now to what it was so long ago.

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 am

I just never liked Rock Lee at all and honestly always just thought of Gai as "taller Lee". The design, the way they spoke, the lack of cool ninjutsu, I just never liked either of them, and seeing they had some overbearing fans turned me into an overbearing hater.

But Gai at leasr has some more going for him than I usually give him credit for, given his rivalry with Kakashi and recent reveal his father was Mexican

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
As somebody who was crazy about Rock Lee's characterization (My trainwreck of an intro post on the old MG some large number of years ago) and still is, I was so hyped for this clash.

If Madara's going to be hurt, then for me, this is the next best way. And of course, the hype for the opening of the Eighth gate - Shimon cannot be contained.

But I want to see Madara be done in by one of the most simple Ninjutsu, used in a clever way. So either Bunshin or Transformation. It would be so satisfying seeing Madara be done in by something so simple.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Currently Playing: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate M.U.G.E.N., DC VS MARVEL M.U.G.E.N., SSF2
Okay, I don't know if this should go on the Naruto or One Piece topic, so I will post it in both.
Some time ago I posted that the most recent chapters of the Naruto manga were being digitally colored each week, I thought that it is cool that such an awesome manga was being colored for it's fanbase to enjoy. But today I realized that a few months ago the One Piece manga was being digitally colored as well.
It wasn't weird to me since I have heard and read good things about One Piece, and it is cool that it's fanbase is dedicating their time to do such an awesome thing just as Naruto's, what I found weird is:
The Naruto chapters that are being colored are the recent ones, chapters that would take 2-3 years to reach the Naruto Shippuden anime, so it is obvious that they colored them to give it a anime-ish feel that would normally take a long time to enjoy. While the One Piece manga is being colored since the very first chapter, chapters that were adapted to the anime over 10 years ago.
I know that One Piece has a huge fanbase just as Naruto's, but why would they do something that looks like such a waste like that?

YouTube Video:

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:42 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Heart of Steel wrote:
Okay, I don't know if this should go on the Naruto or One Piece topic, so I will post it in both.
Some time ago I posted that the most recent chapters of the Naruto manga were being digitally colored each week, I thought that it is cool that such an awesome manga was being colored for it's fanbase to enjoy. But today I realized that a few months ago the One Piece manga was being digitally colored as well.
It wasn't weird to me since I have heard and read good things about One Piece, and it is cool that it's fanbase is dedicating their time to do such an awesome thing just as Naruto's, what I found weird is:
The Naruto chapters that are being colored are the recent ones, chapters that would take 2-3 years to reach the Naruto Shippuden anime, so it is obvious that they colored them to give it a anime-ish feel that would normally take a long time to enjoy. While the One Piece manga is being colored since the very first chapter, chapters that were adapted to the anime over 10 years ago.
I know that One Piece has a huge fanbase just as Naruto's, but why would they do something that looks like such a waste like that?

Probably for the same reason that the colored JoJo chapters were released by Araki's assistants, even though 3/8 have been adapted to anime.

It's another way of viewing the original source. Color in the same medium, like American comics.

I remember reading in an old Naruto volume or something that either Kishi or Toriyama wished they could go full-color all the time like American comics. This seems like part of that goal being realized. Maybe it's the same for One Piece and JoJo.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
If you ask me, it doesn't matters since when a manga is being colored, the fact alone that it's fanbase is doing it is amazing in my opinion.

Anyway, on-topic, I hope you are in the mood of learning the shinobi origins, because looks like this mini-Arc will take it's time. First chapter was amazing though.
Finally we will learn the real origins of the shinobi world from it's best source.
How much money would you bet that Princess Kaguya IS actually an alien?

ImageImage

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:15 am

So just to be clear on something here: Naruto has always been a series where hard work conquors superior breering. This has always been a plot point. Another is that there is no such thing as destiny, as evidenced by a huge point of tension being Sasuke's tension over whether or not to continue his rampage of revenge when he could just walk away. So, you aren't born for greatness, and there is no destiny...
Kinda dropped the ball on that one when you decided Naruto was uber Sage's son reincarnated! So now YES he was born to accomplish all this and it IS his destiny to do so. Ech.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 am

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Ziku wrote:
So just to be clear on something here: Naruto has always been a series where hard work conquors superior breering. This has always been a plot point. Another is that there is no such thing as destiny, as evidenced by a huge point of tension being Sasuke's tension over whether or not to continue his rampage of revenge when he could just walk away. So, you aren't born for greatness, and there is no destiny...
Kinda dropped the ball on that one when you decided Naruto was uber Sage's son reincarnated! So now YES he was born to accomplish all this and it IS his destiny to do so. Ech.

Well we already knew that Naruto was born for great things. He's the child of prophecy remember? I wouldn't necessarily relate Sasuke's internal conflict with destiny. A stronger point would be Neji's fight against Naruto in the chuunin exams, Neji argued the entire time that Naruto was not destined for great things, Naruto proves him wrong by defeating him.

And even if he is Ashura reincarnate, that doesn't take away or discredit what Naruto has done to get to where he is today. He's still the same Naruto, remember when he was crying on a swing a couple of years ago? He worked his way up from the bottom. Nothing can change that.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:14 pm
YIM WWW

Rikudo wrote:
If you ask me, it doesn't matters since when a manga is being colored, the fact alone that it's fanbase is doing it is amazing in my opinion.

Anyway, on-topic, I hope you are in the mood of learning the shinobi origins, because looks like this mini-Arc will take it's time. First chapter was amazing though.
Finally we will learn the real origins of the shinobi world from it's best source.

Aliens in Naruto? If that actually happens the next thing we would see could be a sun-powered alien with a red cape and an "S" on his chest.
Who would be trained in the ninja arts to be come Supernin, The Shinobi of Steel. lol

YouTube Video:

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Heart of Steel wrote:
Rikudo wrote:

Aliens in Naruto? If that actually happens the next thing we would see could be a sun-powered alien with a red cape and an "S" on his chest.
Who would be trained in the ninja arts to be come Supernin, The Shinobi of Steel. lol

Did somebody say, fanfic fuel?
Wow even by my standards that's s***
The S is on the back, where all symbols are

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Omg were did you got that pic?

ImageImage

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Rikudo wrote:
Omg were did you got that pic?

Just found a Sasuke sprite and half assed him into Superman.
Hell, I'm totally for Superman showing up here soon and fighting Madara. Completely insane, but I'm game for it. I could call out the winner right now if I could decide for sure if chakra is magic or not.
I mean, traditionally it isn't, but in Naruto, given human beings were alive BEFORE chakra, that means it isn't just natural energy like Ki in Dragon Ball... So... It MIGHT be magic.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:50 pm
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 146  Next