The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:16 am

[ 7 posts ] 
[6/19] Turbo Royale II 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Turbo Time!

Its time for the second official SSF2 Turbo Tournament. HYPE?!
SSF2 IRC chat: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.ne ... smashflash
Click here to signup: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ignfhNoTUr

"IMPORTANT" ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you reach Winners, Losers or Grand Finals, make sure to save your save your replays and save them as attachments. They will uploaded, and not doing so will result in replaying the set/missing matches. For short: Matches that have no replay in Winners, Losers or Grand Finals do not count.

STAGELIST:

Neutral:

* Battlefield

* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Pokémon Stadium 3

* Yoshi´s Story

* Smashville

Counterpicks:

* Tower of Salvation

* Dreamland

* Wario Ware Inc.

* Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Mirror Chamber

* Central Highway (Hazards ON)

* Dracula´s Castle

RULESET:

* Set format is 4 stocks, 8 minutes

* Turbo Mode is ON (Doh), all other special modes are OFF. Make sure to activate Turbo Mode each time you reset the game.

* Items and hazards are OFF. Only exceptions to this are Castle Siege, in which players can decide wether they turn then ON or OFF, and Central Highway, which always has hazards ON. If either of those or the stock format is incorrect, the match wont count and has to be replayed.

* Sets are Bo3, Winenrs, Losers and Grand FInals are Bo5.

* Set procedure: Both players double-blind pick their characters for Game 1. Players will then strike stages with the 1-2-1 system. After Game 1, the winner states if he switches characters before the loser and before stage striking. After that, the winner will strike 3 stages from the whole stagelist, with the loser now having the option to choose from the remaining stages. However, you cannot choose the stage you last won on during that set (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

* If the time runs out, the player with the most remaining stocks wins. If the number of stocks is even, the player with the lower % wins the game. If both stock count and damage is equal, a 1 stock 3 minute tie breaker will be played with the same characters on the same stage.

* Lag: If a game desynchs/is unplayable due to lag, a "lag breaker" is played with 1 stock, 3 minutes on the same stages and with the same characters. If the problem occurs multiple times, conatct a TOwho will then decide how to continue the set.

* Seeding is based on TSF´s Royale Court Rankings. The bracket is not final until one of the TOs says otherwise.

* Stalling is not allowed. This includes purposely running away from a fight, infinites past 150% (combos dont acoount into that), abusie of thethers or going under the stage more than once per stock.

* Latecomers: Players who check in, but fail to show up in the IRC within 10 minutes lose Game 1. 5 additional minutes results in a drop to losers. Another 10 minutes lead to his DQ from the complete tournament. If you know you might be late beforehand, contact either a TO or one of the other players.

* If a player uses a move that kills both the user and his opponent to end the game, the user of said move wins the gama regardless of the Results Screen if the user had equal or more stocks than his opponent before using said move.

* Gentleman´s Clause is in effect. Stage striking (or going to a banned stage) as well as certain other rules can be altered/ignored if both players agree to it. This does not include stock/time format or Special mode options as well as the switch of items.

* If you catch your opponent ignoring any of the rules above without Gentleman´s Clause being in effect for the regarding match, save the replay and contact a TO. He will then together with the other TOs (if present) decide how to proceed. Under normal circumstances, violating against the rules once results in a warning and a stock disadvantage for the next match. A second violation means the loss of the game, a third time means a set drop and is the final warning, and violating the rules fore times in one tourney results in a DQ from the tournament. Players who ignore the rules twice or three times repeatedly will be DQ from the current and the next tournament.

* Respect your opponents. No trolling/dicking on the IRC, ingame or in any other way.

* Most important of all, have fun!

BANNED FOR THE SAKE OF TURBO:

* :jigglypuff: may not use Rest out of a grab.

It is banned to chain any attack with a grab or a command grab more often than four times in a row with any character. Ignoring this results in a stock loss/match loss if done repeatedly. Its temptimg, but figure put cool combos, not two moves you chain into each pther indefinitly.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 am

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
Quote:
* Seeding is based on TSF´s Ryale Court Rankings. The bracket is not final until one of the TOs says otherwise.

Ryale = Royale ?

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 pm
BR Member

Yes.

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:42 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
YouTube Video:

Maybe you'll have to add some more things to the ban list (There might be more, I got bored before testing the rest of the chars).

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:18 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Built in Wobbling yo. That's what people wanna watch and have scored in the FCR~

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:20 pm
BR Member

Zhe "Banned for the Sake of Turbo" part has been updated.

@Rem If I ever can host a Teams Turbo Tourney with enough participants, youll see it there ;)

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:47 am
BR Member

Double post again (Im gonna get a record for these one day...)

Resuls are in. Tourney got rekt by Evo Melee stream and ppl bot caring for it "cuz TURBO I JANK SCRUB" and not listening to the rules I made to evn it out... Love this community. In the end, we had 2 particpants out of 6 (Im lloking at you Drarky, I wanted BM dittos in GF); LilMac and me. To save some time, Winners/losers side was decided via Coin Dlip again; Mac got winners.

RESULTS:

1st: TSF|SkaiPrower
2nd IGT|LilDick (What does that even stand for) (that is not a joke)

Welp... Mission Title Defense complete. WOuld be better if we had participants tho... Im just gonna blame it on evo :wee:

One last question tho: How comes that I make threads, ask basically everyone I see on IRC if they are interested to join and stuff, how comes everyone is surprised that theres a tourney if I say that theres a tourney like thirty minutes before?

Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:16 pm
 [ 7 posts ]