The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:59 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 151  Next
Super Smash Bros. 

Waifu: zero suit wario
am i the only one that finds his trident from ALttP more fitting than his TP sword

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Shiver-Star wrote:
am i the only one that finds his trident from ALttP more fitting than his TP sword

Yes. The only one in the world.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:48 pm

I always found tridents a bit more menacing than swords though
Eh, I can live with that

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I really like what they did with Lucas in Project M, but I feel Lucario's changes were seriously unnecessary. I know he's a fighting type, but turning him into Ryu takes the piss.
Project M annoys me because some development is flat out lazy (Falco), others just straight up stupid (DeDeDe's recovery losing it's armour, making it even easier to edgeguard), and very clear that they have character biases for Fox and Falco.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Yoshi'sWoolyWorld wrote:
I really like what they did with Lucas in Project M, but I feel Lucario's changes were seriously unnecessary. I know he's a fighting type, but turning him into Ryu takes the piss.
Project M annoys me because some development is flat out lazy (Falco), others just straight up stupid (DeDeDe's recovery losing it's armour, making it even easier to edgeguard), and very clear that they have character biases for Fox and Falco.

Honestly i always mained lucas since i first got brawl, and he did not in any smash incarnation ever needed to be like project m, i understand removing zap jump and stuff, and changing looks of one attack to another element doesn't bother me much, but he didn't need his still to this day strongest up and down smash attacks of any character to get stronger, and Pk Freeze was a perfectly fine special, he didn't need offense up, as his smash attacks were already great kill moves, they could of easily make lucas higher tier without these absurd changes as well, look at sm4sh 4, i'm glad project m was only a mod and nothing more, it;s a understatement to say it's a bit extreme.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah, I wish I had the skill to mod the game myself and fix everything that P:M screwed up about Falco, Lucas, and Lucario.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
did you forget the part where you have to charge Lucas' smash attacks and if you don't they aren't NEARLY as strong as their Brawl/SSB4 versions?

it's still dumb but don't just act like they made it stronger because lol!

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:52 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Kuro Kagami wrote:
did you forget the part where you have to charge Lucas' smash attacks and if you don't they aren't NEARLY as strong as their Brawl/SSB4 versions?

Wasn't he like A tier or something, but yeah they made it more dependant of a special, when pk freeze was perfectly fine, why did they make his fire freeze anyways, last i check he never learned it in mother 3, no reason to reskin fire. And it does seem to do more shield damage then in sm4sh with offense up from what i seen, so yeah imo it's a buff, i don't think it was nerfed enough to make it much weaker.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Yeah I hated that. I disliked how they changed Sonic so much and he just feels so weird to me. I liked how they reverted Falco back to being more of a clone of Fox while they overly changed other characters.

Then you have certain characters they need to be played attuned to how the mechanics are in PM instead of how you want to play the character, an example for me is Diddy and how they really made him need the techs of Melee to be used efficiently.

One thing that is unforgivable to me is that they reverted the ledges back to how they were in Melee and Smash 64. Characters can't grab the ledge behind them unless they're one of the few whose up specials allow it. After years of this plaguing Smash, it finally got fixed in Brawl, but they revert it back to how it was? To me this is one of the biggest middle fingers PM can do.

I am sorry if you like this reversion, but this was just s*** to me.

@Mage
Lucas was low tier in Brawl. Their was never an official list for PM and we might never get one due to the constant changes being made to the game.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Falco just feels plain old lazy in Project M, I always found his Brawl moveset more unique, despite being made up

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Hmmmm

YouTube Video:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:22 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
You also can't really call PM Ganon his own character, because they only gave him a new neutral and side special, up tilt and forward air. He's still basically a clone of Falcon.

I like Offense Up because it's a little more reliable than PK Freeze. I just like how it creates a risk-reward element to Lucas that Ness doesn't have.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:35 am

mage wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:

when pk freeze was perfectly fine, why did they make his fire freeze anyways, last i check he never learned it in mother 3, no reason to reskin fire.

to make him seem more different from Ness. Lucas never learned PK Fire in Mother 3 either.
i don't get the reason you're complaining about such a switch. i can get disliking aesthetic changes back to weird Melee ones (like when they changed Peach's side B to explode again when the hearts were much more fitting, thankfully they fixed this) but Lucas had no Melee version and they did it to make him deviate from Ness.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:44 am
YIM
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Kuro Kagami wrote:
(like when they changed Peach's side B to explode again when the hearts were much more fitting, thankfully they fixed this)
Disagree

The assplosion made Peach a lot more fun in my eyes

I realize I am far from P:M's target audience

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:32 am

Term wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
(like when they changed Peach's side B to explode again when the hearts were much more fitting, thankfully they fixed this)
Disagree

The assplosion made Peach a lot more fun in my eyes

I realize I am far from P:M's target audience

i just like that it fits with the character more
it's a lot funnier as an explosion definitely but it seems kinda random like half of PM's design choices whoops did i say that out loud

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:53 pm
YIM
 [ 2251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 151  Next