The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Transcendent means that nothing cancels it and it cancels nothing, like Bomberman's Bombs or Fox's lasers. It's useful for beating very high-priority moves, but it means you can't outprioritize anything and clank, only if you outrange.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
I think Chibi's Down B and Side B is broken sometimes.
Wait, anyone try Side-B for edgeguarding?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
SmasherOfLegend wrote:

What?

Also not really?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:19 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
SmasherOfLegend wrote:

Neither of them are broken (I don't even know how DownB would be broken of all things)

SideB is garb edgeguarding option, BAir and DAir are far better options, NAir too.

The only broken aspect about Chibi is his cuteness

ImageImageImageImage

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:27 pm

i think the new dair is too,much when i play chibi on random is very easy to kill with the one whe have now. you can kill early with the new up b and the plug of justicie(up air)

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:10 pm

yamnow wrote:
i think the new dair is too,much when i play chibi on random is very easy to kill with the one whe have now. you can kill early with the new up b and the plug of justicie(up air)

Ummm they said they nerfed the knockback and added range to compensate.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:12 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Plug of justice... My poor twizzers :( Am I the only one who still wants to keep them and make new Uair replace Nair instead?

To go back on Toothbrush for a sec, why does it feel so gimmicky outside of recovering? Offstage its great (Toothbrush stalls are super underused imo, very helpful mixup), but thazs it. Its slow, it doesnt do s*** on hit or on shield, the range got nerfed from what Ive heard (afaik it outranged Falchion in vanilla 0.9b? Dunno) and it just feels... lacking. Im not sure what Id do with it to be honest. Faster travel speed (grounded only)? Weak popup hit with high hitstun?

Speaking of lacking, Id love to see a KB Growth reduction on Fair. That move doesnt kill anyway, but its also meh for combos past mid percents (or I just suck, take your pick).

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:40 am
BR Member

bump and double post... dang

Shoutouts to Turnabout for recording and editing!

YouTube Video:

#f***

Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:39 am

TSF|Cookies wrote:
bump and double post... dang

Shoutouts to Turnabout for recording and editing!

[ https://youtu.be/9dGB-R2b3-U ]

#f***

Is that Fox even trying to escape because I am sure that's not true at all.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:01 pm
BR Member

That was my nonexistant P2 for recording purposes. According to Training Mode, Chibi can regrab Fox regardless of DI if he reacts accordingly until percents where he can finish with a Bair/Uair reliably, or at worst can setup an edgeguard with BThrow/FThrow.

Note: All of the below was tested in Training Mode using the combo counter and the settings "Idle" (no DI), "Evade" (DI behind) or "Human" (DI front with extra inputs)

• If Fox inputs no DI, then Chibi can just regrab (as seen in the vid above) up until ~140%.

• If Fox DIs behind Chibi, Chibi has to reposition himself by walking a few steps in the opposite direction, then regrab up until ~140%. (I suppose a pivot grab might work as well, but this way is MUCH easier to be consistent with for me personally)

• If Fox DIs tries to DI away to the front of Chibi, then Chibi can also just regrab up until ~170%, and maybe even longer if he walks a few steps to follow Fox.

It should be noted that using UThrow up until Fox has reached 37% will cause him to fly up without any fancy extras (assuming the UThrow is fresh). At 38% and anything higher Fox will start to enter hitstun with his spinning animation, which forces Chibi to regrab significantly faster from that point onwards (assuming that UThrow is fresh again). Using pummels to tack on more damage is also quite useful, as it slightly unstales UThrow (for a bit more reaction time cuz more KB), and to have more control over mentioned 38% threshold.

Granted, this could all be a error of the Training Mode counter and me being stupid enough to fall for this, but I believe that this chaingrab is real and can be successfully pulled off from 0-Death is practised properly.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:56 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Is Idle no DI? I thought in most games CPU's DI'd even on Idle.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Hmmm

Not D.I.ing at all will always allow a regrab.

So you didn't use the jump or D.I. up to really check?

The term you are looking for is either tumble or reeling(which normally happens in the 50% damage).

I think I have tested up throw and down throw on high and fast fallers with no chain grab results so it might just be you.

I would imagine when Fox hits the floor, he can go into a tech situation or can just perform an attack to get minimal landing lag and be able to spot dodge or roll.

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:12 pm
BR Member

Lord doughnut wrote:
Hmmm

After a bit of testing the Jump setting as you suggested it appears that Fox will always be able to jump out of the CG at lower percents (before he enters tumble state to be exact). After he goes into tumble it should be possible to regrab Fox with a (near) frame perfect grab. Grabs dont restore Double Jumps in this game, do they? If not, I could see Fox being in major trouble if Chibi catches him without a DJ for whatever reason, or Fox simply doesnt know the properties of the CG (which isnt that unlikely, I mean, who studies the Chibi MU anyway :pikachu: ).

The term you are looking for is either tumble or reeling(which normally happens in the 50% damage).

Thanks.

I think I have tested up throw and down throw on high and fast fallers with no chain grab results so it might just be you.

Propably just me then. Funnily enough, I got DThrow to CG :captainfalcon: rougly up until 45% (no DI only sadly), but the timing for that is SUPER strict.

I would imagine when Fox hits the floor, he can go into a tech situation or can just perform an attack to get minimal landing lag and be able to spot dodge or roll. Actually Chibi can regrab Fox before he touches the floor (usually the hardest to do at 0%) and before hitstun ends. Granted, having only two hands might have thrown my timing off a bit there when trying to buffer an attack for Fox.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:16 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Nerds. (I am not sorry)

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 am

TSF|Cookies wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
Hmmm

After a bit of testing the Jump setting as you suggested it appears that Fox will always be able to jump out of the CG at lower percents (before he enters tumble state to be exact). After he goes into tumble it should be possible to regrab Fox with a (near) frame perfect grab. Grabs dont restore Double Jumps in this game, do they? If not, I could see Fox being in major trouble if Chibi catches him without a DJ for whatever reason, or Fox simply doesnt know the properties of the CG (which isnt that unlikely, I mean, who studies the Chibi MU anyway :pikachu: ).

Thanks.

Propably just me then. Funnily enough, I got DThrow to CG :captainfalcon: rougly up until 45% (no DI only sadly), but the timing for that is SUPER strict.

I would imagine when Fox hits the floor, he can go into a tech situation or can just perform an attack to get minimal landing lag and be able to spot dodge or roll. Actually Chibi can regrab Fox before he touches the floor (usually the hardest to do at 0%) and before hitstun ends. Granted, having only two hands might have thrown my timing off a bit there when trying to buffer an attack for Fox.

Actually, I think Fox can throw out any attack anyway to stop chibi, like nair or even bair.

Also I think he can just use reflector to stall him since it comes out at like frame 1 or 2.

Also, I don't think Fox will allow something like this at all unless you do a mind game on him.

Also like I said their is a chance he can throw out an attack to get minimal landing lag, like nair has the lowest lag of his aerials, so he can act faster. A tech chase situation might give him trouble, but we will see later.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:12 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next