The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151  Next
Super Smash Bros. 

Sorry if i appear so suddently for bring some "bad news", but man, what Mewtwo2000 said it's a must read....sound very scary for brawl mods in general.

https://www.facebook.com/Mewtwo2000/posts/724185831014518?_rdr=p

Specially this:

Quote:
The truth is that it has not been a responsive action, but a preventive one. Certain event (which, again, doesn't involve a company contacting the PMDT) made the members fear a legal problem if the project kept on. At some point, it was determined that, even just the fact of releasing the announced patch, PM 3.61, could involve negative actions that nobody in the team could afford at all. A lawyer was contacted and it was confirmed that the possible threats the PMDT could face in an hypothetical legal sue were really terrible. As the PMDT was formed mostly by teenagers, people with little money or even in red numbers, and with a long life to run, it was determined that it was better for their safety to stop immediately just in case. It's been a hard decission that had to be made public as soon as possible. And even in this case, nobody guarantees that there will be no legal actions taken in the future because copyrighted content has been distributed already.

I thought the PMDT just finished because the proyect were too demanded for their time.......but if this is true, the case it's much worse. What suprised me the most is was the PMDT didn't know abou the "issue" until recently.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:14 am

look

it doesn't affect other mods at all

the project m team are going to make an original game because they can't get money from a mod

they're stopping Project M because they'd get into legal trouble if they were making a smash bros mod and a Not Smash Bros game at the same time

that's the legal issue they're having, not C&Ds or anything like that

stop scaremongering. people who make Brawl mods don't have anything to worry about if it's just a hobby for them

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:48 am

kb wrote:
they're stopping Project M because they'd get into legal trouble if they were making a smash bros mod and a Not Smash Bros game at the same time

You are wrong, stop assuming that Wavedash is involved with the shutdown of PM. Warchamp already stated that PMDT main staff is not involved with Wavedash and it has nothing to do with the situation.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Where did he mention wavedash? It says right in the post on their website that they're working as a team on new projects.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Faceless Void wrote:
Where did he mention wavedash? It says right in the post on their website that they're working as a team on new projects.

What even is Wavedash? Also why would they even call a project that?

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Dhragen wrote:
kb wrote:

You are wrong, stop assuming that Wavedash is involved with the shutdown of PM. Warchamp already stated that PMDT main staff is not involved with Wavedash and it has nothing to do with the situation.

did you miss the part where the PM team literally said they're working on new projects lmfao

who even mentioned "wavedash"?

i'm only saying they're going to make a Not Smash Bros game because what else would they make

either way, they're stopping PM because they're going legit. that's it. not going to affect other mods. stop it.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Faceless Void wrote:

Sorry, I thought that kb was reffering to the "conspiracy" that comes from reddit yesteday.

Which PM members replied that wasn't the case in the comments (in the PM reddit)

of course they will aim for new proyects. PM got a great life, and the PM staff someday had to stop developing it, sooner or later, by looking on how demaning for time the proyect was.

I trust the words of the PM staff, i don't think they are lying, but maybe they are hiding info for personal reasons, maybe not. Still, i don't feel Mewtwo2000 is making false info up, he isn't a random guy from reddit, considering his big involvement in brawl modding and some stuff with PM.

And the stuff he said could explain how some PM members reacted badly with the leaked builds.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
i'm sure the real question is
where in the world is the parasect character they promised us.
Alright, jokes aside I never really cared much about Project M so I can't really comment about the matter.
I'm not gonna give their team any money if they make a kickstarter, though

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
some of the development team is getting mad files are leaked because it's not "their files to share"
lol

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:40 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Who else would have shared them lol?

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:41 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Kuro Kagami wrote:
some of the development team is getting mad files are leaked because it's not "their files to share"
lol

Mind you, these are the same people that have literally said that "at this point, they are better at designing characters than Nintendo"

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
Which isn't true btw.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 pm

natedoesthings wrote:
Which isn't true btw.

do you mean that what they said is untrue, or that them saying it in the first place is untrue

because i've seen Dantarion say they can replace Sakurai's dev team

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: Who cares
Speaking of leaked files, has anyone who cares about PM downloaded that build with the extra characters and tested it? How are they?

Friend Code (3DS) : 1263-5540-1869

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Lyn is super fun, her arrow shenanigans are really enjoyable. can't wait to use her against friends. i downloaded some files which lets her alts be usable, she uses placeholder stock icons from Pichu. her counter doesn't work and her side-B is kinda pointless but as a whole she's really fun; her dash attack actually turns her around

Knux feels weird. honestly, the best comparison i can make is that it feels like you're controlling a round, circular rock. i just don't mean you just fall like a rock, it kind of feels.. slippery. it's weird to explain honestly. its feel is way different than something like Fox/Falco's fast fall speed.

Isaac is lol. he's definitely nowhere near finished, but he's more complete than i figured he would be

i haven't bothered trying Sami out since you have to do file shenanigans.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:23 am
YIM
 [ 2251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151  Next