The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:43 am

[ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Whats your Religion? 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
I dunno, I liked God's way of doing things in the Old Testament.

Destroying a couple of cities and turning everyone who looked back into a pillar of salt.

Making a perfect garden and then putting temptation in the complete center of it.

Or killing the guy that lead the Jews before he had a chance to set foot in their new land.

I think me and that God would've been best buddies.

I also find it interesting the way some of it has been proven by science to have actually occurred, such as Noah's flood.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 am

Waifu: You!
Hakker wrote:
I dunno, I liked God's way of doing things in the Old Testament.

Destroying a couple of cities and turning everyone who looked back into a pillar of salt.

Making a perfect garden and then putting temptation in the complete center of it.

Or killing the guy that lead the Jews before he had a chance to set foot in their new land.

I think me and that God would've been best buddies.

I also find it interesting the way some of it has been proven by science to have actually occurred, such as Noah's flood.

Yea but, Hakker, you can't turn me into a pillar of salt.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 am

The An Hero of Time wrote:
Amen?
Eh, Old Testament was ok, but alot of it was stupid crap.
Like, David has sex with his best friend's wife, then sends his best friend off to die in a war, then takes his wife.
Great Christian role models.

Atleast he came back to God and admitted he had done wrong. We can all take example from that, whether we believe in God or not.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Hakker wrote:

They worked out that the water Jesus supposedly walked on was frozen over at the time of said event.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:01 am

Waifu: You!
Kyaputen Tid wrote:
Hakker wrote:

They worked out that the water Jesus supposedly walked on was frozen over at the time of said event.

In...Judea?
Ok, dude.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:42 am

Kyaputen Tid wrote:
Hakker wrote:

In...Judea?
Ok, dude.

Not trying to flame but, not possible. Jesus was walking to them during a storm. The water would have been moving all over the place. Then Peter tried walking out to him, and was succesful for a little bit, but then he took his eyes off of Jesus, and saw the raging winds and sea. Then he started to sink. How could he sink through ice thick enough to be walked on? How could the seas be raging if the water was frozen? How could the disciples even be sailing with the frozen water? They were using a little sailboat, not a big oil tanker.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 am

The Fredrick Stealer wrote:
Kyaputen Tid wrote:
Hakker wrote:

In...Judea?
Ok, dude.

Not trying to flame but, not possible. Jesus was walking to them during a storm. The water would have been moving all over the place. Then Peter tried walking out to him, and was succesful for a little bit, but then he took his eyes off of Jesus, and saw the raging winds and sea. Then he started to sink. How could he sink through ice thick enough to be walked on? How could the seas be raging if the water was frozen? How could the disciples even be sailing with the frozen water? They were using a little sailboat, not a big oil tanker.

Well anyhoo none of us were there to experience it nor was there any video or pictures of it so we can't really argue...

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:15 am
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Yea, either way dont argue it.

This thread is about admitting what your religious affiliation is, or lack thereof.

Not for debate on the subject.

For that i advise a new topic, but im not sure if the admins would let it stay up.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Methodist Christian. I really didn't believe in God until a couple weeks ago when I went on a mission trip.. It made me see a lot of things, and how His plan always works out in the end. Honestly, on Thursday, I just sat at the worship and cried.

Now I'm real heavy into it. If someone wants to talk to me about Christianity, of course I'll talk, but I'm not gonna try and force my religion on others. I still try and carry out God's work every day, though.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:03 pm

SeaLegend wrote:
Methodist Christian. I really didn't believe in God until a couple weeks ago when I went on a mission trip.. It made me see a lot of things, and how His plan always works out in the end. Honestly, on Thursday, I just sat at the worship and cried.

Now I'm real heavy into it. If someone wants to talk to me about Christianity, of course I'll talk, but I'm not gonna try and force my religion on others. I still try and carry out God's work every day, though.

THIS IS WHAT THIS TOPIC IS FOR!

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:23 pm

...Forced Catholic...

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm

<[^Deux^]> wrote:
As for me, I'm Mormon.
I'm sure you all know what that is.

I feel really good that one other posted in the topic :wee: 'cause I'm mormon, too

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm

i dont see people's problems with mormon's. my religous ed teacher had a good theory, he told us "whoever is in charge up there doesnt care what religion you are, but how you lead your life."

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:56 pm

angeldemonica wrote:
i dont see people's problems with mormon's. my religous ed teacher had a good theory, he told us "whoever is in charge up there doesnt care what religion you are, but how you lead your life."

I can believe what I believe and you can believe what you believe, it may be different, but that doesn't matter, we all have similarities in beliefs and we all are friends that is all the matters

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:15 pm

exactly.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:19 pm
 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next