The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
Naruto 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Naruto seems like a monster for people who can't tech and/or DI: dthrow -> turnaround dspec -> regrab after hit -> dthrow -> turnaround dspec -> grab after hit -> Rasengan is a 0-death, and even without Rasengan the 'combo' does 70%.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:44 am

MGN Username: scum
any good KO moves outside of a fully charged rasengan? i rely solely on bairs, up-airs, and fair gimps,

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:11 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
scumbag wrote:
any good KO moves outside of a fully charged rasengan? i rely solely on bairs, up-airs, and fair gimps,

I find down-tilt to be of some good use, especially since it's easy to space with the help of Naruto's crawl
pretty much all of his smash attacks are good at killing too, just depending on the situation presented.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:21 pm

MGN Username: the_arrogant_elitist
Currently Playing: SSF2, Melee
Ftilt scales surprisingly well, comes out quickly, lasts for a surprisingly long time, and has pretty good reach. Don't forget about it!

I have an infrequently updated YouTube channel.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:38 pm
BR Member

I've been trying to pick up Naruto. Anyone have any advice or criticism?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i6b7dqch30n91z7/NarutovCF.ssfrec

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, Minecraft, Sploder and Roblox
You can you make Naruto turn into Bijuu mode for final smash. Please

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:16 am

CraftingGalaxy2 wrote:
You can you make Naruto turn into Bijuu mode for final smash. Please

this is not the suggestions topic. you're still new here, so i dont think admins will give you a warning, but take a closer look at the forum folders to make sure you post your stuff where it belongs.

BOT: i believe naruto can be considered the most versatile of all charaters. why is it?

1 - he posesses a stunning clone mine that allows you to finish enemies, along with clone throw forward, clone summon in the air, clone summon from underground, and overpowered stunning rasenshuriken. these atributes make him easily one of if not the best defensive character in the game. its just so hard to come close to him when he uses his clones effectively.
2 - he has very good combo potential. his ground game is stellar with dash-attack, up-down-ftilt all being fast, powerfull and comboable, and is only at a disadvantage in air combat, where he lacks a bit of range. along with his combos come quite a handfull of finishers, almost all of which can be comboed into, a small portion of which has very high killpower, and among them is included a very powerfull and easy to land meteor smash. his combo game can be even further improved with offensive use of clones as traps, combo extenders, gap closers... finally, rasen-shuriken combos are perhaps the most deadly type of combo as of now. his grab range is crazy, and his throws are all superb except for upthrow. once he starts a combo, the enemy will NEVER leave before suffering some decent 30-40%, and thats if he manages to evade the combo.
3 - his innerent weaknesses are well balanced. the lack of a sword and thus his vulnerability to disjointed attacks is neutralized with his many projectiles, his lack of speed in clone summoning and inherent vulnerability to close range is countered by his very fast and effective jabs and tilts, and in the end the only kind of play that can actually make him have a hard time is a very fast and unforgiving rushdown where he cant react properly. and most of the characters who can do this are easy targets to his clones. also, characters with enough priority to destroy his clones can often be wrecked by his neutral game and attack speed; i would say perhaps the only real exception is wario.
4 - he has insane adaptability. he can very easily jump from defense to offense to defense again, his clones can earn him mindgames, and some players can effectively use midair clone summon with down-air followed by dodge to completely fool enemies while still being in cover. his clone summon can cover a huge area of play, can punish dodges and tech-chase, and even works as a kill move after 140%.

the only real drawbacks of using his is his recovery. and even taht is not really a bad one.

i dont know about you guys, but i personaly consider naruto to be top tier. what cant be denied is that he IS insanely good. at the moment the only characters that shut him off completely are ichigo, wario and perhaps zelda. all other characters dont seem to have an easy time against him.

any toughts?

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:01 pm
BR Member

Wait, how does wario shut out naruto?
Agreed about the versatility. I definitely see Naruto as high tier because he has the tools for every MU: great juggles on fast-fallers, good combos on heavyweights (which ties in with the one before), good zoning against characters who have problems getting in, great tech chasing for the puffballs, projectiles to deal with sword characters, and decent approaches against characters that beat him in neutral. He can be played like Sheik (grounded and tech-chase based), Samus (zoning and punishes), and like Sora (aggro). As I see it his main weakness is a bad recovery and meh edgeguarding, which leaves him susceptible to bad MU's against characters like BM or Sheik that can take advantage of that.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
how does falcon beat clonespam

seriously I feel like it's impossible without comboing into a KO after every hit I get

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:06 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You really can't beat him. Any character without a projectile or a way to bypass the clone lose in the match-up against Naruto. He's too strong in the area of zoning unfortunately. Trying to approach is too risk, but you have too, otherwise he gets to charge Rasenshuriken.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:14 pm
BR Member

This sucks for Falcon, as Zalo said. I just go hard rushdown. Try to jump over thrown clones, if they DJ then run under the dspec clones and get near him. Just run at him and try to never let him charge Rasengan. Against clone mines, jump. A useful trick to try every so often is inital dash SH and airdodge, which covers a ton of distance with CF and if you time the invincibility period will go through various obstacles and moves. Then, just get him offstage.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:45 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
I've tried the rushdown tactic, which seems to work well on people who aren't too good, but anyone who knows what they're doing will just spam clones from a safe distance, and I'll rarely get a hit in except for the occasional punish. I've won in the matchup against a half decent player before but my punish game has to be ridiculous as I said, which I can't reliably pull off. Guess I'll have to work on a secondary.

Any recommendations for characters that do well against naruto?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:46 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:
I've tried the rushdown tactic, which seems to work well on people who aren't too good, but anyone who knows what they're doing will just spam clones from a safe distance, and I'll rarely get a hit in except for the occasional punish. I've won in the matchup against a half decent player before but my punish game has to be ridiculous as I said, which I can't reliably pull off. Guess I'll have to work on a secondary.

Any recommendations for characters that do well against naruto?

In other words Naruto dominates the neutral game so Falcon has to have huge punishes in order to win.

Chibi-Robo. He will literally wipe the floor with Naruto (especially in the upcoming patch allowing clone mines to be destroyed). He can catch clones and throw them back, and he has longer range on all of his moves than Naruto.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 am
BR Member

A lot of characters with reflectors or good projectiles do well. I personally like the Fox MU: reflect the clones, combo him to death, and then bair his recovery easily. You have to watch out for juggles, but beyond that I consider it pretty solid for Fox.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:00 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
I'd say spam him back with Link, he can keep more projectiles at once than Naruto. And if he's just throwing stuff in a predictable manner you can just stay idle and your shield will do magic (not really reliable, but works sometimes).

Dunno if he does well but I also like Ness to go against him. Well spaced fairs can destroy any clone (and it won't stop your attack) and he has good manouverment with his DJC when there are platforms to aid in avoiding his projectiles.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next