The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Game of Thrones 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Major characters die in every finale. Drogo, Maester Luwin, Jojen, Shae, Tywin. Brienne joining Stannis is also a possibility though. Could be that she has to choose between her vows and either give up killing Stannis or give up saving Sansa.

AMA

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:38 pm
Site Moderator

So that felt really rushed.
It just started out and immediately everything is falling apart seconds between one another for Stannis. "The men are gone." "Your wife killed herself." "The Boltons are charging." "I am Brienne of Tarth." I'm pretty sure he isn't dead though. They made a big deal out of Brienne wanting to kill Stannis earlier so why would they just cut away from it? She probably hit the tree. Maybe she interpreted "do you duty" as needing him to save Sansa? Maybe she'll turn him over to the Boltons and try to exchange them.

Sending Sam to Oldtown is something I thought they'd cut and they left it in, so that's nice.

Arya's execution of Meryn Trant was awesome and her plot was the best part of the episode.

Everything that happened in Mereen and with Dany was all setup and is pretty negligible. I'm pretty sure Daario's actor dropped his accent when he said "you missed a good scrap." Just something funny I noticed.
Book spoilers: Nice to see Varys again even if him being in Mereen means they're cutting him killing Kevan and Pycelle, or they could just be pushing it back.

The Reek Redemption pretty much came out of nowhere, even if it was nice to see it happen. Pretty funny that all the preseason hype around Sansa was her "becoming a player" when all she did was repeat her S2 plot and deliver a few one-liners.

Dorne/Jaime storyline remains the worst thing the show has ever done. That poison sure had the best dramatic timing. I love you dad! *dead*

Thought the Walk of Shame was really well done. "All hail the royal tits!" Funny how obvious it is that the new kingsguard is UnGregor. He has grey/purple skin around his eyes and he's making cheap zombie movie sounds constantly lmao. It's like Qyburn didn't even try to hide it. I wonder if they'll bring that up or if everyone will be too afraid to talk about it.

For the Watch was alright. Alister Thorne being a part of it really doesn't make sense. They give him all this development that maybe he's not such a f*** after all and he sort of respects Jon enough to be at least an ally. Nope, stabbed. Why did he just not let them into Castle Black last episode? Now he has thousands of wildlings that just lost the one guy fighting for them and are sure gonna be pissed off. The Benjen fakeout was so funny though, D&D are just f*** with the book readers' hype now.

Well, we're now 99% caught up with the books. They could still include stuff that they've cut, I guess (including what I wrote above). For the Watch was the last thing that happens in the most recent book. The common theory for what comes next is Melisandre revives Jon, which seems likely given she rode back to Castle Black this episode and she's also run into Thoros, who told her about reviving Beric. Ending the episode with Jon's death makes no sense from a producion standpoint. Some is going to spot Kit Harrington on set and the whole cliffhanger is ruined. If Jon were really dead, Sam is in Oldtown, Stannis is dead/captured, there are no more major characters in the North that care about the White Walkers. Just ignoring them after Hardhome would be retarded.

AMA

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:55 am

MGN Username: TheSilentHero
Currently Playing: Pokémon Omega Ruby; Pokémon Shuffle
I'm really sad now after an ending like that. I really hope he gets revived, like you said, although we'll have to wait until next year to find out...
I'm really annoyed by the fact that it is unclear whether Stannis and Myrcella are still alive. It looks like Myrcella will die because of the poison, but maybe Bronn got some antidote from that Sand Snake girl (I don't know her name).

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
That episode was so rushed. The entire season built up to the battle between Stannis and the Boltons, and we didn't even see it happen. Jon Snow dying like that was really stupid imo, a waste of a character, and he died in a way that added nothing. it wasn't epic, and Jon had so much potential. I wasn't even shocked. Theon's change in heart was really sudden.....the worst finale imo. Still a decent episode.

Now the silicon valley finale, that was top notch.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Last edited by Ness_Success on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:48 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Probably gonna want to put spoiler tags on that.
Jon won't stay dead. Kit Harrington has already been spotted with cast in Belfast lol.

AMA

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:58 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
theory: melisandre deserted Stannis when she realized he was not the real prince of the prophecy to find Jon, who she's showed interest in since they got to the watch. She brings him back some how?

See quotes like

"Kill the boy and let the man be born"-Maester Aemon

and

"Don't worry about Jon. He always comes back." -Sam Tarly

who knows :p

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:30 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5