The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:25 pm

[ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
SSF2 Beta Stage Legality Discussion 

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Well, it has come to my attention that Smashville has a glitch that causes its soft platform to move further and further left as time goes on. An example was shown by the user Gree on the bug thread: https://gfycat.com/InfatuatedHopefulCooter

I've tested this to see if there was any validity and yes there is. While it is indeed very slow, and it may be patched out next patch, this stage should be considered banned until it is fixed. Worst case scenario is that enough time passes and the bug is very much so present. Furthermore, the soft platform goes more toward the left than it does the right in the beginning of a match regardless, which may cause some problems down the road.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

I've also had lots of problems with Smashville's ledges as Marth. Not sure it's a bug though or just a consequence of the new physics.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 pm

bunq wrote:
I've also had lots of problems with Smashville's ledges as Marth. Not sure it's a bug though or just a consequence of the new physics.

Really? Would you mind showing me an example? Or describing how it goes?

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 pm

When I upB into the slope below the ledge, I slide up a bit and Marth's head pokes up above the platform. Nine times out of ten, I can regrab, but sometimes I sd.
I've also been hit by Pit's sideB under the slope and been clipped onto the stage.
Video (might not be finished uploading): https://youtu.be/Q24bbjHR5uo

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
watch the smashville platform in a game that's 8 minutes long and decide from there, because watching that gif is giving me a terrible idea of how long it takes

i might do it myself in like an hour

furthest distance:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm
YIM

The glitch is still clearly unintentional, though until it's fixed, I'd still stay with it being banned. Even on an 8 minute match, it'd cause players to mostly attempt to KO on the left side more prominently.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

tfw you want smashville banned because a platform kinda goes to the left but you want heuco meundo to be a counterpick

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:40 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Banning Smashville lmao what
I mean this game might as well be called SSF2Ville but thats going too far

The discrepancies between the left/right movement of the platform are always the same, arent they? So the platform always moves the same in every match, right? Im heavily assuming thats the case, which would mean it is incredibly easy to notice the platform being a bit far out on the left side and adjusting your gameplay to it. It it randomly went X amount of distance to the left side every single time it moves back and forth that would be different, but still not enough to warrant a ban. Playing most of the match at one side of the stage isnt automatically a bad thing, you know?

Going back to Yoshis Island SSF2 (the merry go-round), yeah that should be banned. Any stage where Chibi can camp out Sonic for almost 8 minutes straight is hella dumb in my book. Still wanna see it in doubles though :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Yeah, the platform displacement really isn't that bad, it's just looks dumb. But it only gets wildy out of place when a match goes on for more than 6+ minutes. Banning such neutral like Smashville for something so minimal is silly.

The ledge-jank applies to more than just Smashville; happens to me a lot of FD, Castle Seige, and Dreamland. And it happens to more characters than just Marth. There's seems to be some weird thing right now with wall-riding recoveries. From what it I can tell, either hand-sizes or ledges' grab-boxes were tweaked from v0.9b; combined with the fact many Up-Specials don't/can't travel up sloped wall when they should, we get a lot of situations where characters are just a pixel under the ledge (or literally right on top of it), but don't end up grabbing it. It feels like getting Melee-BattleField'd on several stages now. It doesn't make these stages banned worthy, but it's something we'll have to play with for now.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 am

Why not just put Smashville as a temporary counterpick until the glitch is fixed? Seems like it would benefit certain characters who would like a platform close to the blast zone, but not ban worthy.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 am

it only gets that close 8 minutes in

if your strat is "camp them out until the 8 minute mark and jank them out with a back throw" go ahead but making it a counterpick? please lmao

most games will be over before it's noticeable at all.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:02 am
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
it only gets that close 8 minutes in

if your strat is "camp them out until the 8 minute mark and jank them out with a back throw" go ahead but making it a counterpick? please lmao

most games will be over before it's noticeable at all.

I think what may be more of an issue for this discussion is the fact that even from the beginning of the match, you can kill earlier on the left side of that platform than the right side, which could create some marginal situations that prove contentious. It can also allow people to recover that normally wouldn't (or not recover/die off the side because they were on the right side).

The situations are far and few between, but no TO wants to be in the position that someone lost in finals because the platform was never programmed to be on center and not drift over time. It's the fact that it COULD be an issue and it isn't working as INTENDED that draws a question of match integrity at a high level. That's why it may be best to just not deal with it (not necessarily the only solution out there until it's fixed).

For the average player (i.e. most of us) this is meaningless and we can play it in tournament all we like (given it's agreed upon), but at highest level play it can be a factor worth discussing.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am

there isn't going to be high level play by the time this gets patched

besides, the difference is incredibly minimal. i mean, yeah, you *could* kill slightly further on that side but you could also die because the ledges aren't very easy to grab (which doesn't seem intentional? not sure).

the honest response here is get good

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 am
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
there isn't going to be high level play by the time this gets patched

besides, the difference is incredibly minimal. i mean, yeah, you *could* kill slightly further on that side but you could also die because the ledges aren't very easy to grab (which doesn't seem intentional? not sure).

the honest response here is get good

That's why I mentioned that for most of us this is a non-issue, just staging the point that others could come from in terms of tournament integrity (as a matter of principle).

But yes, this isn't much of an issue anyways because it's a patch away from disappearing :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

I don't see how this is an actual problem- Smashville is the same even w. the platform going longer, wouldn't change MU's that a character wants SV that much anyway.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 pm
 [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next