The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PAC-MAN 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss PAC-MAN specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:39 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
i like this one

Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
I like how pacman's star ko sound is his death sound from the original game.

Something not in sm4sh

Tue May 30, 2017 9:24 am
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Well, lemme get my first impressions down:
  • The reduced effect of z-drops due to more difficult item catching makes the character much more reliant on setting traps and comboing with Fruit and aerials.
  • Catching your items seems to be more difficult, especially with the Galaxian, however, some of the fruits have been significantly improved, and there's a glitch with Galaxian (I'll report it later idk) which guarantees a ledgetrap into an FSmash.
  • Trampoline Hydrant can lead to some really interesting interactions happening, such as being hit into helplessness and other things. It's great, and hydrant is just great tbh. You can combo into it and use it either as a wall, ledgetrap extension and projectile. Excellent multipurpose tool imo.
  • Fruit is actually amazing. Melon's good, Galaxian is a great ledgetrap and juggling tool, Bell is a free kill confirm, and Key is super powerful. All of them fill specific niches and I'm definitely going to look into labbing Bonus Fruit like mad.
  • UTilt, FAir and UAir are incredible combo moves, NAir is just generally a great move, and BAir is super solid. Normals have definitely been improved, and his combo game is just amazing.
  • HE HAS A GRAB! It's still not amazing, but hey, at least it works.
Definitely solid character, probably high-mid tier.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed May 31, 2017 4:47 am

Fruits are really good- definitely harder to regrab/z drop but you can get 2 out at a time (very difficult to do for any reasonable length of time)

Hydrant isn't as fast as in Sm4sh, but makes up for it w. auto breaking if you get a trampoline under it at any point, still completely strong/busted.

Combo game's pretty good though- ONLY concern i really have is actually landing kill moves because traps or not, his actual kill power feels awful, AND his recovery feels very slow/somewhat exploitable by the right characters.

Pac-Man feels super fun/and solid- like he's not super high tier but he isn't that bad at all.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 pm

why do I feel like Pac-Man's utilt is just a faster slower uair? anyone else?

Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
If you press attack right as you throw a pac-fruit, you grab the it immediately. This works with everything except the bell.

Wed May 31, 2017 10:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
RagnorokX wrote:
If you press attack right as you throw a pac-fruit, you grab the it immediately. This works with everything except the bell.

You can do this with the bell, it's just harder.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 am

Still has a grab that you can take a bathroom break on

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:55 am

TSF.Strife wrote:
RagnorokX wrote:

You can do this with the bell, it's just harder.

Yeah, learned this later.

Also, this glitch I found may have some use: If you get hit hard enough while holding a pac-fruit, you drop the pac-fruit and it never despawns. It can however be picked up or hit. Some of them float midair, such as galaga, bell, and key, and their hitboxes are active all the time. Copied from the bug report page

Bell is probably the most usefull, as its stun hitbox is there, but an opponent can grab it themselves. Not sure if it immediately hits your opponent when the glitch procs, but its something interesting.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:09 pm

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
Ok, so... Red trampoline puts you into a helpless state with its big ol' hitbox, which reaches on all sides. Place that a short distance from the ledge, knock 'em into it, boom. Dead.

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:49 pm

But any worthwhile opponent wouldn't let you set it up to red, and may even punish you for using it initially. While it is tricky to set up, that is a viable kill option.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 pm

I few things I've found:
The bell doesn't scale with damage, I assume because it combos at kill percents from dash attack
There can be more than one fruit on screen at a time
Pac-Man bounces on the trampoline like normal when not in freefall
The fruits bounce off the trampoline

That last one is pretty big, and there's a lot you can do with that I haven't seen people talking about. They all go straight up when its not red, but Melon gains a ton of speed. Galaxian goes at different angles depending on when it hits it, and once it glitched in place. The melon, key, and orange don't go down on the red trampoline, but continue slightly lower. The key despawns instantly from this if the trampoline is on the ground.

There's also a sweetspot on the trampoline when doing it from the ground where you leave freefall and instantly bounce. Haven't done it consistently yet.

Edit: Side special also end in a really weird state; it looks like freefall, and the only way to leave it is to jump. It can still only be used once in the air without getting hit.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:30 pm

If you bounce off the wall with side special, you're not put in the weird state it normally puts you in, and its not basically unrecoverable without a jump like ssb4.

I've been trying to reverse engineer a supposed infinite a cpu did to me on the first day, but my replay got corrupted and the replay thinks the pac-man is a lloyd, so there goes that lead. Basically, you drop down from a platform, hit the first hid of down-air on your opponent, and then land back on the platform. Rinse, wash, repeat. I have two leads, one is an interesting bug where you can land on a platform oddly with down air(link to the replay here), and the second is a continuation of the first: I may have done it once, but it was in training mode. I think I inputted down-air on a specific frame after dropping from the platform that the first hit comes out, then when pac-man brings his legs up, his hurt-box is raised enough to instantly land on the platform, and it also has the landing oddly.

Also you can do the landing oddly thing(Which I think is caused from "landing" slightly below where the ground is) by placing a trampoline really close to the ground and then landing on it when its red.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Sounds like drop canceling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWEvT0Tyt7E

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:35 am
 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next