The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, Fire emblem awakening etc
Waifu: ZSS
Does anyone feel like the legend of Zelda the Wind Waker HD isn't really improving the graphics I kinda feel that way Wind Waker HD looks the same as the original in my opinion I am pretty disappointed. :(

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:22 am

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
The Zelda movie concept thing was alright, but I really don't like that Ganondorf model.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
NegativeMikeMan214 wrote:
Does anyone feel like the legend of Zelda the Wind Waker HD isn't really improving the graphics I kinda feel that way Wind Waker HD looks the same as the original in my opinion I am pretty disappointed. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZTIKMWsag
YouTube Video:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:29 am

Dr.Geno wrote:
NegativeMikeMan214 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZTIKMWsag
YouTube Video:

I can kinda see it now but still meh. It's okay maybe I take back a little bit of what I said earlier.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 am

I have honestly not yet seen the fulfilling purpose in remaking a game the way they're doing Wind Waker. Remaking Ocarinaof Time on the 3DS makes sense to me, given it's a whole different story going from console to handheld, and they crammed in Master Quest, which was great for every Zelda fan who couldn't get it eith a reserved Wind Waker or secondhand. But just remaking Wind Waker with prettier graphics seems like just a misuse of time and money.

I don't know why direct movie remakes work alright to me but video games don't, I've just never seen an appeal

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:15 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Ziku wrote:
I have honestly not yet seen the fulfilling purpose in remaking a game the way they're doing Wind Waker. Remaking Ocarinaof Time on the 3DS makes sense to me, given it's a whole different story going from console to handheld, and they crammed in Master Quest, which was great for every Zelda fan who couldn't get it eith a reserved Wind Waker or secondhand. But just remaking Wind Waker with prettier graphics seems like just a misuse of time and money

It's not a full on remake, it's an HD port with lots of graphical upgrades, a new harder difficulty (which may as well be your master quest), making sailing go faster if you wish (which was a huge reason a lot of people didn't like the game, so it's reaching out to them), changes to the triforce hunt part of the game that people didn't enjoy, new content like the bottle in the water, and other stuff i'm sure they havent revealed yet (and even if that's all, it's plenty).

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:20 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Ziku wrote:
I have honestly not yet seen the fulfilling purpose in remaking a game the way they're doing Wind Waker. Remaking Ocarinaof Time on the 3DS makes sense to me, given it's a whole different story going from console to handheld, and they crammed in Master Quest, which was great for every Zelda fan who couldn't get it eith a reserved Wind Waker or secondhand. But just remaking Wind Waker with prettier graphics seems like just a misuse of time and money.

I don't know why direct movie remakes work alright to me but video games don't, I've just never seen an appeal

all of what geno said and also think about it as this ocarina of time 3D was also a way for them to get newer gamers to play such a timeless classic. this is a way for those that weren't in the gamecube's time to play such a great game.

albeit majora's mask would have been cool but i can wait for that as long as i need too.

I AM APPLE

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:24 am

Dr.Geno wrote:
Ziku wrote:
I have honestly not yet seen the fulfilling purpose in remaking a game the way they're doing Wind Waker. Remaking Ocarinaof Time on the 3DS makes sense to me, given it's a whole different story going from console to handheld, and they crammed in Master Quest, which was great for every Zelda fan who couldn't get it eith a reserved Wind Waker or secondhand. But just remaking Wind Waker with prettier graphics seems like just a misuse of time and money

It's not a full on remake, it's an HD port with lots of graphical upgrades, a new harder difficulty (which may as well be your master quest), making sailing go faster if you wish (which was a huge reason a lot of people didn't like the game, so it's reaching out to them), changes to the triforce hunt part of the game that people didn't enjoy, new content like the bottle in the water, and other stuff i'm sure they havent revealed yet (and even if that's all, it's plenty).

There is a new harder difficulty in Wind Waker HD?

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
its also worth noting that the GameCube is Nintendo's worst elling home console ever. any quality GameCube game is worth rereleasing because its likely that very few people played it, as their parents might not have bought them a GameCube.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Porting/remaking/whatever Wind Waker actually makes more sense to me than it did to give OoT the HD treatment. OoT already had the original release, Master Quest, the Zelda Collectors Edition, and the eShop release, so it's not as if it was hard to get your hands on like WW is. I don't know much about how it works, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said at some point CG games won't ever be on the eShop due to size constraints. It seems to me that OoT3D was mostly made to sell 3DS's, while WWHD is actually adding stuff to the game and giving a new generation of gamers a game that, like Tid said, they really might not have gotten a chance to play before.

AMA

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 am

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Porting/remaking/whatever Wind Waker actually makes more sense to me than it did to give OoT the HD treatment. OoT already had the original release, Master Quest, the Zelda Collectors Edition, and the eShop release, so it's not as if it was hard to get your hands on like WW is. I don't know much about how it works, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo has said at some point CG games won't ever be on the eShop due to size constraints. It seems to me that OoT3D was mostly made to sell 3DS's, while WWHD is actually adding stuff to the game and giving a new generation of gamers a game that, like Tid said, they really might not have gotten a chance to play before.

Yeah I can understand why they are remaking it but they did not improve it from the original enough though. It looks almost the same as the gamecube version. Not really that big of a difference. This game is not taking the full power of the Wii U like other games. And there will probably be no extra content that was not included in the gamecube version other than the ones we have seen. But meh I will still get it though it might feel different and nintendo did say that it will feel like a new game. A new adventure!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
remember the game isn't out yet and something new may still happen

I AM APPLE

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:45 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Please cut dungeons please thanks

AMA

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:39 am

hi hey hello i'd just like to remind you that A Link Between Worlds is still being released

you can go play that instead of b**** about a remake

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
And I will because 2D Zelda > 3D Zelda

Fight me nerds

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 am
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 95  Next