The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:34 am

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Twilight Saga: New Moon 

Currently Playing: The Game
[NU] wrote:
@Blue, so what if bella is all those things? Thats her character. You want her to be a perfect goody two shoes? That would just be boring. I don't think thats a valid reason to say f*** Twilight.

Why would you want a character to be a complete idiot with nothing going for them? That would have worked if Bella was written to be hated but she's the goddamned main character here!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:24 am

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Thaiberium wrote:
[NU] wrote:
@Blue, so what if bella is all those things? Thats her character. You want her to be a perfect goody two shoes? That would just be boring. I don't think thats a valid reason to say f#%$& Twilight.

Why would you want a character to be a complete idiot with nothing going for them? That would have worked if Bella was written to be hated but she's the goddamned main character here!

Shes not an idiot at all. Obviously Blue was exaggerating. What do you mean nothing going for her??? Are you serious? And main characters are always different. It doesnt matter what we want. (well obviously the fans matter, but to an extent)

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: The Game
Okay then. Give me a redeeming feature.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:41 am

Waifu: I'm married
Bella was supposed to be a goody two-shoes. After all, Bella was intended to be a mirror image of Stephanie Myers (only a hundred pounds or so lighter). She just can't write worth s*** and therefore can't create believable characters.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Thaiberium wrote:

He can't. She's not even hot and that's sayin' something. A pasty white chick from Washington? I think a vampire could've done better. Really, as you said, it wouldn't be so bad to hate her if she wasn't the damn main character. We don't like her because she's selfish and stupid. All she had to tell that werewolf guy was "It's not gonna happen." and he would've stopped trying to get with her. Yet she insists on ignorance and leads him on, just like a good little slut. Another example of her stupidity is when she asks him to stop being a werewolf. Seriously? Is she so f*** dense? That's like telling her to get over her addiction to emotionless freaks on nature. It ain't gonna happen.

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Bella was supposed to be a goody two-shoes. After all, Bella was intended to be a mirror image of Stephanie Myers (only a hundred pounds or so lighter). She just can't write worth s*** and therefore can't create believable characters.

Oh, she's believable, alright. I believe that she's the one of the worst women I've ever seen portrayed onscreen. Her character is sexist, dull, and one-sided.

I won't even mention the plot holes that the movie throws at us, though. I don't have that kind of bravery. Ugh... thinking about it makes me wanna binge drink. And I despise flat soda...

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 am

Shes not a slut? It is possible to fall in love with two people ya know? She does have strong feelings for Jacob but her feelings for Edward are dominant.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:20 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

He can't. She's not even hot and that's sayin' something. A pasty white chick from Washington? I think a vampire could've done better. Really, as you said, it wouldn't be so bad to hate her if she wasn't the damn main character. We don't like her because she's selfish and stupid. All she had to tell that werewolf guy was "It's not gonna happen." and he would've stopped trying to get with her. Yet she insists on ignorance and leads him on, just like a good little slut. Another example of her stupidity is when she asks him to stop being a werewolf. Seriously? Is she so f*** dense? That's like telling her to get over her addiction to emotionless freaks on nature. It ain't gonna happen.

Kittenpuncher wrote:

Oh, she's believable, alright. I believe that she's the one of the worst women I've ever seen portrayed onscreen. Her character is sexist, dull, and one-sided.

I won't even mention the plot holes that the movie throws at us, though. I don't have that kind of bravery. Ugh... thinking about it makes me wanna binge drink. And I despise flat soda...

Bella has no redeeming qualities. She's a whiny little tramp.

And all that other stuff I won't bother to reiterate.

[NU] wrote:
Shes not a slut? It is possible to fall in love with two people ya know? She does have strong feelings for Jacob but her feelings for Edward are dominant.

That just screams whore to me. Your criteria must be different.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 am

TheTripleEntendre wrote:
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

He can't. She's not even hot and that's sayin' something. A pasty white chick from Washington? I think a vampire could've done better. Really, as you said, it wouldn't be so bad to hate her if she wasn't the damn main character. We don't like her because she's selfish and stupid. All she had to tell that werewolf guy was "It's not gonna happen." and he would've stopped trying to get with her. Yet she insists on ignorance and leads him on, just like a good little slut. Another example of her stupidity is when she asks him to stop being a werewolf. Seriously? Is she so f#%$& dense? That's like telling her to get over her addiction to emotionless freaks on nature. It ain't gonna happen.

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Bella was supposed to be a goody two-shoes. After all, Bella was intended to be a mirror image of Stephanie Myers (only a hundred pounds or so lighter). She just can't write worth s#%$& and therefore can't create believable characters.

[NU] wrote:

Your Mileage May Vary.

I fail to see how that makes her a whore. I mean at most shes a tease. But a whore? Not so much.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:38 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

A tease? She led the guy on so much that he was willing to pick up after her and risk his own life, only to be shot down and forgotten. Slut. I cannot argue that enough, as my point has been proven twice over.

Jin wrote:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:41 am

[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

He can't. She's not even hot and that's sayin' something. A pasty white chick from Washington? I think a vampire could've done better. Really, as you said, it wouldn't be so bad to hate her if she wasn't the damn main character. We don't like her because she's selfish and stupid. All she had to tell that werewolf guy was "It's not gonna happen." and he would've stopped trying to get with her. Yet she insists on ignorance and leads him on, just like a good little slut. Another example of her stupidity is when she asks him to stop being a werewolf. Seriously? Is she so f#%$& dense? That's like telling her to get over her addiction to emotionless freaks on nature. It ain't gonna happen.

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Bella was supposed to be a goody two-shoes. After all, Bella was intended to be a mirror image of Stephanie Myers (only a hundred pounds or so lighter). She just can't write worth s#%$& and therefore can't create believable characters.

[NU] wrote:

Your Mileage May Vary.

I fail to see how that makes her a whore. I mean at most shes a tease. But a whore? Not so much.

Bella is worse than a damn tease.

Just look at what she does! How she acts!

She's a slut! Get over it.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:46 am

TheTripleEntendre wrote:
[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

Kittenpuncher wrote:

[NU] wrote:

Your Mileage May Vary.

Get over it?....

Ok I refuse to argue with you. Atleast Blue & Thai are fun to debate with. You just jumped into the argument with no facts to support your opinion. Saying stuff like "just look at what she does" and "look at how she acts" does not make a good arguement. Please leave this topic.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:02 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

I kind of agree, there. Although, you hafta admit, he chose to support a winning side. Ke ke ke...

Jin wrote:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 am

Blue Mage wrote:
I kind of agree, there. Although, you hafta admit, he chose to support a winning side. Ke ke ke...

haha I suppose >_>. He was just sucking up (indirectly) imo.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:08 am
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

Kittenpuncher wrote:

[NU] wrote:

Your Mileage May Vary.

Get over it?....

Ok I refuse to argue with you. Atleast Blue & Thai are fun to debate with. You just jumped into the argument with no facts to support your opinion. Saying stuff like "just look at what she does" and "look at how she acts" does not make a good arguement. Please leave this topic.

I'm too lazy to state the obvious on this On-screen Keyboard.

So sue me.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 pm

TheTripleEntendre wrote:
[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
[NU] wrote:
TheTripleEntendre wrote:
Blue Mage wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

Kittenpuncher wrote:

[NU] wrote:

Your Mileage May Vary.

Get over it?....

I'm too lazy to state the obvious on this On-screen Keyboard.

So sue me.

Its clearly not "the obvious". If it was then there wouldnt be a debate now would there?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next