The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
RP Ideas? 
Site Admin

So I've never DM'd before so I thought I might as well try, which led to these ideas.

Idea # 1: Reign of the Empress (tentative name)

Story:
The coronation of Princess Alisha was the dawn of a new era for all humankind throughout the world. Inventions flourished and sprung up everywhere: steam engines, automated catapults, rifles, and airships were just a few of some of these creations. One would assume that the goal of the Empress was to advance the world for the betterment of its people, but the truth was that she hoped to extinguish all that was part of the old world, most importantly magic. The first thing she did as Empress was replace all her sages and mages with Alchemists and Inventers, sealing the sages away deep within her castle dungeons. She conducted mass slaughters of any creature that was magical or not human. Kingdoms of Elves, Centaurs, and Dwarves were destroyed, left only as mounds of rubble. Mystical creatures of various kinds were captured, Dragons climbed to the highest peaks in the mountains, merpeople to the lowest depths of the sea. Those who escaped were forced to flee to the tundra in the far North or deep within the Mirror Forest to escape the Empress’ wrath. There is however a glimmer of hope. Deep within the Mirror Forest and all the hidden safety groves, the word “rebellion” has grown from a whisper to a threat. Now has come the time for war.

How it’d work:

So basically if I was making this into an RP it would be more of an RPG because there would be a clear winner or loser. The sides would basically be (Magic vs. Science) vs Dark Magic (will be explained if made). Depending on the actions of either side it will determine the outcome of the war and the outcome of the world as a whole.

Idea # 2: The Hunt

Story:
Ever since the day you were born you lived in a secret American government facility. The agents there were cold and emotionless; you were a test subject to them, and nothing more. All of this was because you were genetically enhanced before you were born, endowing you with superhuman abilities, however you are not alone, there are many others with their own powers, living the same confined life. One night you are awakened by Margie an agent who was kind to everyone, she hurriedly takes you out of the prison that you call your room and you are led to a secret door which opens up to a dark woods. Others are waiting for you, some you have met in the facility others who you have not, though it is clear that all are endowed. She shuts the door quietly, her last words “Go and live a life of your own choosing” Shortly after the door is closed there is a thump on the door followed by another, then a gunshot. Run.

How it’d work:

Well since there isn’t any superhuman RPs out there anymore I thought I’d write up a story and see if you take it. This RP has no predetermined goal, there are various things that one could do in this RP. You could be part of the shady government agency, hunting down the test subjects. If you are one of the test subjects you could become some sort of vigilante, or crime fighting hero. You could try to destroy the main government research base or just attempt to live a normal life. You don’t even have to be superhuman you could be a plain civilian who just wants to help these people in anyway. I’ll try to accommodate this for you.

So....which one should I use, or should I not bother at all?

*Note* They will not be in the ProRP section if created.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:37 pm
Site Moderator

Both look neat, though Science seems too evil in a way.

For the second, is it possible for the superhumans to end up being agents themselves?

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:14 pm
Site Admin

well technically, Science is the "evil" side.

oh and yes there will be rogue superhuman RPers hopefully.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:49 pm
Site Moderator

Aww, could there be some sort of rogue tech-users? Or Magitek? (unless you're going with "technobane" with the magic)

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 pm

I'd join.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The first one sounds focused and exciting, while the second one sounds open and thought-provoking...
Either way, they're both good ideas.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:55 pm
YIM WWW

Second idea got me thinking of C.A.T. (Chinese manga) for some strange reason.

I actually like that idea, though can't it seem godmold-ish to have superhuman powers, even if every player has them? Actions would be far too easy at certain moments.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:58 pm
Site Admin

Whimskull wrote:
Second idea got me thinking of C.A.T. (Chinese manga) for some strange reason.

I actually like that idea, though can't it seem godmold-ish to have superhuman powers, even if every player has them? Actions would be far too easy at certain moments.

Well basically its the typical superhero RP powerwise. Some people have super strength, some have flight, all those different kinesis's. One will also have to remember that by using his or her power in broad daylight, it will alert the government as to where they are, freak out the civilians etc. Ex: Somebody with pyrokinesis is put out by a group of firefighters because they believe that person is in danger.

Green Mage wrote:
Aww, could there be some sort of rogue tech-users? Or Magitek? (unless you're going with "technobane" with the magic)

Well...there will be certain humans on the side of magic who may have magical capability as well as mechanical knowledge. Magitek could be developed throughout the RP but it won't be there at the beginning, since the Empress wants to completely obliterate all magic. It would also be rather primitive magitek since its a new idea to the world.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
MOAR SUPERHUMANS PLOX!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:26 pm

I think Thai maybe right.

We get all kinds of Magic-related RPs...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:34 pm
Site Admin

So should I make the first or the second one?

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:23 pm
Site Moderator

Ze Second.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

I really like the second idea.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 pm
Site Admin

Well everyone seems to be leaning towards the second one....so I'll make a topic with all the needed things.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm
Site Moderator

...Soon?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 am
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next