The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:25 pm

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Seaworthy 
Site Moderator

I'll probably join in, just gotta' make a character.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39 am

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
usuk wrote:
Skills: Jonathan is generally skilled with working wood, and easily befriends others.

Kinky... I'm gonna put a character together and join as well.

Last edited by Wizzquizz on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:39 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
I'm afraid the bio might be too short. Also Deciton, I stole your medical bag idea from Cybernetica.

Name: Frederick Moonsdale 
Appearance: Frederick is of average height and weight. He also has brown curly hair that is well kept, and a mustache and beard combo that he usually flaunts around. Despite his choice of study, he isn't weak and has a decent build. His deep and dark brown eyes can best be described as sharp and focused. Frederick can be usually seen in informal attire and hates to be in stiff, formal and frankly uncomfortable clothing. 
Personality: Similarly to his preferred choice of clothing, Frederick is generally laid back and open, though this completely shifts when he's at work and is focused and quiet. He'll also ignore people and get caught up in his work, which is the complete opposite of what he normally is. When he's not working, studying or anything of the like he can be described as jovial. Though he is never quick to trust, he'll try his best to get along with the other person or people. Frederick is also very passionate about his profession and what he believes in. 
Profession: Doctor
Weapon(s): Not wanting to mix up his surgical knives or anything else similar and using them as weapons, Frederick uses a separate pocket knife for close combat use instead and a small pistol that he rarely uses. 
Potopian Tool(s):None. 
Biography: Growing up in the Kingdom of Farzanth, Frederick followed in his mother's footsteps and started at a young age taking interest in the medical field, while his brother opted to follow a more different path and break away from family tradition. Living a normal and regular life Frederick and his brother had more time to develop their skills, showing genuine interest in their choice of profession. Though his brother migrated to The Fa'Jali Military Academy. 
Skills: Vast knowledge of medical terms and treatments, able to recognize various diseases, infections and illnesses on the spot. Well spoken, has quick hands and is very precise. Works well under pressure. Knows a lot about plants and natural herbs. 
Misc. Item(s): A medical bag that contains a collect of diverse medical supplies that reside in a backpack like sac. Commonly used items include, a pair of surgical knives, tweezers, multiple plants and natural herbs, bandages, matches, a flask of whiskey, painkillers, and needle and thread. There are also other supplies there too, those are just the more regularly used items. 

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 am

No problem, but believe it or not, strike matches where actually invented over a hundred years after the colonial era, that's why in Cecil's profile she has "a couple nifty little sticks that, when struck against a rough surface, burst into flame, these however are nearly priceless and are not renewable by Cecil herself". I don't know the actual amount of technology develpment so matches could be a thing.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 am
Site Admin

The nations have been granted further information to add racial distinction. Courtesy of LG. ^.^

I should really get to writing my profile >.>

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 am

holy f*** three whole rps being handled by people who aren't sperglords

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
chalk me down for this one because I have nothing else to do with my life besides games and my guitar at the moment

i'll read the stuff and write something up this week

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
I'm interested. This is going to motivate me to actually work on Cybernetica again. Tomorrow shall be my write s*** day.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Whimzer wrote:
chalk me down for this one because I have nothing else to do with my life besides games and my guitar at the moment

same here maybe ill find some way to keep posting when i get booted out of my house in two days woop woop

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:40 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Whimzer wrote:

same here maybe ill find some way to keep posting when i get booted out of my house in two days woop woop

;~; LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARY!

Name: Amelia
Appearance: Amelia's stature is average and her build quite slim. Her skin is fair, and her body looks as if it had not done much physical labour. Her eyes are a rich forest green and piercing. Her cheeks are a dull shade of pink, as if she is just about to blush, though the rest of the features on her face are sharp, giving her gentle features an edge. Her hair is long and a deep dark red, kept in a long flowing ponytail that goes down her back, held in place by a "cheap" bangle. Her clothes are simple, a black tunic with a red sash slung over her hips and baggy beige breeches stuffed into brown leather boots.
Personality: Amelia is cordial and polite, her manners seeming to stick out among sailors. She seems a bit stiff when dealing with people one on one, as if she has a shield raised in front of her, though she is charismatic, charming, and diplomatic when addressing crowds. While she often upholds a lady-like demeanour, when in the presence of her dear friend the Captain, (or alcohol), she can be quite rowdy and swashbuckling.
Profession: Sailor?
Weapon(s): Rapier, a number of throwing knives.
Biography: Amelia is quite an enigma. The sole person who knows of her true identity appears to be the captain, as they are reputed to have known each other for many years. The story she often tells of her life is that she's the daughter of a sailor and a barmaid. Of course, her origins have been contested, but she adamantly defends it, and will get quite defensive if people suggest otherwise.
Skills: Amelia has an almost a ridiculous knack for aiming, being able to throw darts, and shoot arrows without much of a thought and hitting her targets in precise locations. She has a penchant for always having gold on hand, and an incredible eye for determining whether items are real or fake. Oddly, she seems to have an incredibly high tolerance for alcohol.
Misc. Item(s): A locket of which she is very protective, and a flask at her waist.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Kiki wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:
Whimzer wrote:

;~; LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARY!

Hello, I'm Deciton_Reven, and I approve this message.

Besides going to the library is what I do.
Jin wrote:
I'm interested. This is going to motivate me to actually work on Cybernetica again. Tomorrow shall be my write s*** day.

Hey, sorry about not posting in there, it just kinda seemed we all should run into the building, but running into an exploding ammo or gun factory or warehouse isn't normally something you'd do if you wanted to live... so I didn't really know what to do. Again sorry.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Deciton, usuk, and Infinity's characters have all been accepted.

Infinity, Deciton is right. Matches as we know them did not exist until well after the colonial period. I have removed them from your character's profile. An object similar to a match would be very rare and incredibly valuable. If for some reason you simply must have them, you'd better have a really good explanation for how and why. Otherwise, you're fine.

Kiki, your character is rejected because it sucks. Try again, and make it less sucky this time.
Also, stop using your mod sorcery to make me post things. It's creepy.

One last thing. If any of you plan on using guns, keep in mind that all firearms in the colonial era are muzzle loaded. Anything that can fire more than one consecutive shot would be a miracle of engineering. In other words, don't do it.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 pm
Site Admin

*z-snap* Don't you know who I am?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Alright here's my OC. I know some things she has seem random but they can be useful.
Name: Isabelle “Bella” Winters
Appearance: Bella is a taller girl with blonde flowing locks that go to shoulder length. Bella’s head is adorned with a brown captain’s hat. Her green eyes also make her seem like she’s up to something. She has a fair skin color that stands out against her dark clothing. She has a white shirt covered by a black captain’s coat on. Her legs are hidden beneath a pair of brown trousers secured by a belt. She also wears so jewelry on her wrist, usually a pearl bracelet. Bella has a necklace hidden under her shirt that is a symbol of Kahrek.
Personality: Isabelle is a nicer person, until angered. She also has strict rules. She deeply despises traitors often killing them on the spot. She tends to hold herself to a more regal posture.
Profession: First Mate
Weapon(s): Bella carries around a knife in her boot. A one shot flint pistol strapped to her thigh. Her most useful weapon is her long elegant Rapier.
Biography: Born on Urtune Isabelle quickly wanted to leave with the constant sailors that came and left on a daily basis. She spent most of her childhood playing around the docks and disrupting the peace. Isabelle voiced her opinion to her mother. Her mother then responded, telling the young child she it wasn’t safe. Bella then began training in sword fighting. She soon became a natural. By a young age she joined a ship and set off.
She spent the next couple of years working aboard the ship, cleaning and other forms of grunt work. Then one day it happened…Pirates. They ransacked the ship, taking the child as a captive. Luckily form Bella the captain saw potential in the lass. She began to train and work and learn as the pirates did. She assisted in several attacks and raids. She worked her way up to first mate.
She began to love the pirate lifestyle. Then the ship was attacked. The crew managed to defeat the opposing force, but at great cost. The pirate’s captain was lost, giving Isabelle the position. Isabelle began her rule with an iron fist. Her crew quickly became upset with her marooning her on a small island.
After several days a ship came to Bella’s rescue. She was then taken and thrown into jail. After serving her time she was released seeking one thing, a way to slaughter all of her old crew. She began searching ending up on Hetreah seeking the position as first mate.
Skills: Great as fighting in close quarters. Very quick witted. Has a knack for evading capture.
Misc. Item(s): She carries around a telescope, often attached to her belt. She also has a compass tied to her belt. She also carries around a small flask, often filled with rum. She also carries a pocket full of ammo and random pieces of scarp that could be fired if needed. She also has a small bag of sand tied to her belt.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Name: Gal Gebara
Appearance: Gal could be described as "almost gone" physically. Years of abuse and weathering hazardous sea conditions have not done him any favors. He stands at around 5'10'' and moves his fragile body slowly and carefully. His skin is fair, albeit covered with wrinkles and blemishes from age and wear. His hair is white and whatever is left is very thin with his thick beard and mustache being the only exception. He wears a beaten up, frayed and bloodied naval uniform complete with epaulets and naval decorations (which he stole) as well as a bicorne worn fore to aft. He also carries his small cat, Bleu-Nial, around with him, which either rests in his hands or hangs on his shoulder.
Personality: Rowdier in his younger days, Gal has mellowed out as he has grown older, especially after retiring. However, he is a cranky, often very blunt man with very little manners or care for formalities. Though he is no longer a pirate and does not dress the part, he still acts as if he was one.
Profession: Navigator
Weapon(s): None
Potopian Tool(s): None
Biography: Gal was born in Flint to a woman of low standing who had a relationship with a sailor. He does not remember his mother too well because around the time he was three his father came by to take him away. He spent his youth working on his father's ship, traveling across the vast sea and cut his teeth in exotic ports of call. By the time he was 17, acting on a whim, he jumped ship and joined a pirate crew to search for greater thrills. He drifted around crews for a few years, learning the various roles necessary to run an efficient ship, but around age 23 he finally settled on the ship "The Whore of the Sea," where he trained under their navigator. After a few years the navigator died from a debilitating disease and Gal took his place, working as the ship's navigator for over 30 years. He was offered other high up jobs, but relished his position and hung on to it. Over the years he collected a large amount of items, both stolen and purchased, and began wearing a naval uniform he stole from a captain he killed when he was 25. As he entered his 50s he decided it was time to retire from the ship he had called home for most of his life, and settled on one of the Arryn isles, where he was supposed to live out the rest of his days. However, after a few years he grew restless, and on his 56th birthday he packed up his necessities and his companion, Bleu-Nial, in search of a grand mission to end his life with. He traveled the seas he knew so well as a young man in a small boat in search of adventure, and, upon arriving in Myra, discovered the posting. Though not keen on dealing with pirates in that he himself was one, Gal decided to apply in order to satisfy his thirst for one last grand adventure on the high seas.
Skills: A life on the sea. Fit for most journeyman and high profile roles experience-wise, but unfit for physically demanding ones age-wise.
Misc. Item(s): A small cat, Bleu-Nial, which is actually a bobcat runt. Various navigation tools and maps shoved in his pockets.

also this is the theme for this rp
YouTube Video:

PS: Kiki one day you need to make up for Pitre and Anya never finding a home

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:16 am
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next