The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Nice vid Sorabotics. The most impressive thing was not the combos, but the stock counts when you performed them: You see many poor souls being subjected to the wrath that is Peach.
For all you Peach people: what are Peach's worse matchups? I don't really know what I would pick against a Peach, and some of my favorite characters have a tough time dealing with her.

link is a bad MU, well, SS's link that is: 'the peach slayer'. He has great tools for racking % vs peach and Link's punishes are almost designed for killing a peach that slips up.

pika has an easy time gimping and comboing peach, even though that MU is almost 50-50 you should be wary of it.

lloyd gets controlled by turnips, so he isn't the toughest MU, but peach gets caught and hurt very easily by his degenerate stuff, chaingrabs, dash attack chains, etc. (if you know me, you know why I openly dislike lloyd so much...)

The Samuses are hard to control, but once you gain a lead and get them to play your game you're going to win, getting them to play your game is the hard part as they have some of the best tools to stop you doing that out of every char in the game.

DK is hard to beat as peach, IF you're playing her in a normal/efficient/good way, he has priority over almost everything you can do, so turnips for spacing, approaching, comboing and most other applications are god in this MU. (just channel your inner Gosick, turnips are <3)

But the main thing is, all peaches play differently, and will as such have different weaknesses. For example: SoraB plays peach in a way that making a slight mistake will get you smacked up, and hard at that. Tac3 doesn't play peach, he plays falcon in a dress, I'm not joking, watch him, he really does. And I try to control the game and get my opponent to play my game through turnips and patient play.

Those are just my $0.02, take it as you will.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
ohgosick wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Nice vid Sorabotics. The most impressive thing was not the combos, but the stock counts when you performed them: You see many poor souls being subjected to the wrath that is Peach.
For all you Peach people: what are Peach's worse matchups? I don't really know what I would pick against a Peach, and some of my favorite characters have a tough time dealing with her.

link is a bad MU, well, SS's link that is: 'the peach slayer'. He has great tools for racking % vs peach and Link's punishes are almost designed for killing a peach that slips up.

pika has an easy time gimping and comboing peach, even though that MU is almost 50-50 you should be wary of it.

lloyd gets controlled by turnips, so he isn't the toughest MU, but peach gets caught and hurt very easily by his degenerate stuff, chaingrabs, dash attack chains, etc. (if you know me, you know why I openly dislike lloyd so much...)

The Samuses are hard to control, but once you gain a lead and get them to play your game you're going to win, getting them to play your game is the hard part as they have some of the best tools to stop you doing that out of every char in the game.

DK is hard to beat as peach, IF you're playing her in a normal/efficient/good way, he has priority over almost everything you can do, so turnips for spacing, approaching, comboing and most other applications are god in this MU. (just channel your inner Gosick, turnips are <3)

But the main thing is, all peaches play differently, and will as such have different weaknesses. For example: SoraB plays peach in a way that making a slight mistake will get you smacked up, and hard at that. Tac3 doesn't play peach, he plays falcon in a dress, I'm not joking, watch him, he really does. And I try to control the game and get my opponent to play my game through turnips and patient play.

Those are just my $0.02, take it as you will.

Yeah, I honestly haven't had too much trouble with Links except for SS, I almost won one time lol.

Most the stuff you say is true, Pika does well against Peach if he knows what he's doing. However, Peach can intercept Pika's recovery pretty well, Nair-ing Pika's Up-B is pretty easy.

That is how Tac plays! But I haven't played his Peach since online first came out....

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:23 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
So like has anyone figured out how the hitbox on Peach's Fair works yet? I feel like it only does horizontal knockback if your opponent is standing on stage and after 100% it only does the diagnol knockback.

Does it have a sweetspot like Mario's fair..

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:38 pm
YIM

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Shine! wrote:
So like has anyone figured out how the hitbox on Peach's Fair works yet? I feel like it only does horizontal knockback if your opponent is standing on stage and after 100% it only does the diagnol knockback.

Does it have a sweetspot like Mario's fair..

After < 1 min of testing, I think it goes roughly as follows: the top quater-ish hits diagonally and horizontally, the middle part hits slightly diagonally and more horizontally, tho it goes more diagonal the higher the %, and at the bottom part it hits the opponent behind you.

I may be slightly wrong since I spent less than a minute testing this.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:01 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
From my tests I've concluded the following:
- The move does 15% damage and the same knockback regardless of where you hit it. It can hit in reverse like Marth's but I don't think that changes the angle or power.
- The knockback does become more vertical with percent and if they are in the air.
- My hypothesis is that this hits at the equivalent of a Sakurai angle (Cleod9 angle? TSON angle? Void angle?) in this game.

I'd be interested to see a dev confirm what the angle is.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
- The move does 15% damage and the same knockback regardless of where you hit it. It can hit in reverse like Marth's but I don't think that changes the angle or power.
- The knockback does become more vertical with percent and if they are in the air.
- My hypothesis is that this hits at the equivalent of a Sakurai angle (Cleod9 angle? TSON angle? Void angle?) in this game.

Well, the Sakurai angle is 1 degree, Peach's fair def hits higher than that lol.
Its stronger in this demo, but it still is hard to kill with because of how high it sends someone. For the same reason it isn't very good for securing an edgeguard except at high percents where the reduced distance to the blastzone helps KOs.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:14 pm
BR Member

Starkiller2 wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Well, the Sakurai angle is 1 degree, Peach's fair def hits higher than that lol.
Its stronger in this demo, but it still is hard to kill with because of how high it sends someone. For the same reason it isn't very good for securing an edgeguard except at high percents where the reduced distance to the blastzone helps KOs.

Yeah, if only more of the hitbox sent the opponent horizontally or near horizontally.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:47 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Lets play; Rate the Peach!
https://www.mediafire.com/download/hf5b ... ntix/Peach
Yes, I failed so many Powershields and payed for them ;~;

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 pm
BR Member

Hey guys! Here's another SSF2 Highlights video of my Peach (and one Sora clip)! I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing, if not a biweekly series, so be sure to follow it for some good Peach stuff!
YouTube Video:

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Sorabotics wrote:
Hey guys! Here's another SSF2 Highlights video of my Peach (and one Sora clip)! I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing, if not a biweekly series, so be sure to follow it for some good Peach stuff! [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9LflzyGaFg ]

I think I dont have to say "nice vid", its pretty obvious^^ Two thinks I want to ask:

1.) Kirby Gourmet Race?
2.) Can Turnips actually cancel Narutos clones? O.o

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:58 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Grr! I just tried doing an Armada punish where he tosses a turnip up, waits, nairs-> they hit turnip -> uair for big damage and a kill on a high percent Puff. This didn't work because the turnips KB just mixed with nair instead of replacing the KB of nair.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:05 am
BR Member

Skailler wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
Hey guys! Here's another SSF2 Highlights video of my Peach (and one Sora clip)! I'm hoping to make this a weekly thing, if not a biweekly series, so be sure to follow it for some good Peach stuff! [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9LflzyGaFg ]

I think I dont have to say "nice vid", its pretty obvious^^ Two thinks I want to ask:

1.) Kirby Gourmet Race?
2.) Can Turnips actually cancel Narutos clones? O.o

1) Um, yeah. I have many remixes that are based off of Kirby Gourmet Race that I play while I'm playing online.
2) Yes. The main use for them is to get rid of the clones lying on the ground. This still isn't effective though because Naruto can easily just make another...

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 am

I think she'll be dead last on the upcoming tier list too.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:06 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Why? Peach has some of the best aerial mobility in the game because of floating, good combos, good edgeguarding, a very high-priority projectile, decent kill power for a lightweight, and a good recovery.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Why? Peach has some of the best aerial mobility in the game because of floating, good combos, good edgeguarding, a very high-priority projectile, decent kill power for a lightweight, and a good recovery.

^^

Edit: Here's the next installment of SSF2 Highlights featuring my Peach
YouTube Video:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:42 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next