The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

[ 1 post ] 
Songbird in a Tree 

"If man keeps making the Heavens weep, one day they will not have anymore tears to shed."

These words, laser etched into a long dead machine, are the last of a great civilization. Many from across the land come to Sandsong, to pray at this site. Not all make it. The Desert is a cruel child, who neglects his toys, and destroys some with others. Both the Feral and the Myst, the Skinwearers in particular, are a danger to many. But even the humans here kill each other. Nomadic bandits, forced from lands no longer able to provide for them, and, rarely, men with the Deatharms of the old world.

But all who make it to Sandsong hear the Lullaby of Sandsong, and gain hope. For this lullaby leads the way to paradise.

"Pretty bird, pretty bird, chest of gold, wings of red
Chirping softly now, snug in bed.
But where does thou rest away in the arms of green
Never, forever, you've been seen.
Pretty bird, pretty bird, weary you gave a kiss
Your sweet song has surely been missed.
I do ask you again my free, brave, little child
Save me from the dark and the wild."

Definitions:
The Feral- a wolf like species who seem to have once been human. They are now savage.
The Myst- a human-like race of small, bald, grayish men. Until their death they are completely invisible, even to each other. Myst commonly wear a lot of clothing, with body paints and or masks.
The Skinwalkers- a subgroup of Myst, who wear their kills like a second skin.
Deatharms- guns.

Character Sheet
Name: Make it strange or make it simple! Viewers choice!
Gender: Guy? Girl? None of the above, or somewhere in between!
Physical Description: Here you may list your age or build, height and weight, hair style, clothing, anything people might see!
Origin and Backstory: As this world is dynamic, you may make your own town, with relative directions from Sandsong, be a nomad, or even come from Sandsong! Include who you are, what has influenced you, and what you do currently. Sum it up with why you're in Sandsong.
Gear and Skills: Weaponry or other helpful items, and your training or other life skills.

So, uh, I'm out of practice and stuff, but here's a "hi, I have a computer again, and can hang out" gift if anyone wants one! (No, no, I'm still DMing it guys, if that's what you thought.)

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm
 [ 1 post ]